300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
    I'm hoping for Eagle Pass or Del Rio.....Those are the stations that my Bro has worked at and I've visited him in both and I can definitely see myself living there

del rio is my hometown.....you will be lucky if you get it.... its a nice town.

Comment

• Originally posted by steven123 View Post
      del rio is my hometown.....you will be lucky if you get it.... its a nice town.
      I visited my brother there, I like the vibe I got from the town, as I said I could see myself living there and starting a family.
      BPA:
      Written Test: Passed (97%)
      Reactivated Feb 09
      Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
      Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
      Medical Exam: Completed
      Drug Test: Completed
      Fitness: Completed
      Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
      Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
      Written Test: Passed (80% )
      Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
      Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
        My case went into the security office first week of March. However, I have not yet been contacted by my BI.

but he already completed your BI, talked to you and all the references etc?

i have completed all my requirements, except the BI, infact i have not even had anyone call me about a starting my BI. anyone have any idea of how long it will be before my BI will start?

compressed test- 03/09
        oral -03/09
        drug/fitness,medical-04/09

it does state on CASS that not all the papers have been recieved in order to start the BI. but they would contact me to ask me about that right?

Comment

i have completed all my requirements, except the BI, infact i have not even had anyone call me about a starting my BI. anyone have any idea of how long it will be before my BI will start?

compressed test- 03/09
          oral -03/09

it does state on CASS that not all the papers have been recieved in order to start the BI. but they would contact me to ask me about that right?
          That's the default setting on CASS, mine just changed from that to "Your case is in the security office" overnight.
          BPA:
          Written Test: Passed (97%)
          Reactivated Feb 09
          Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
          Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
          Medical Exam: Completed
          Drug Test: Completed
          Fitness: Completed
          Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
          Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
          Written Test: Passed (80% )
          Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
          Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

compressed test- 03/09
            oral -03/09

I have not been contacted by my background investigator. If I haven't been contacted by my background investigator, there is no way my BI can be complete.
            United States Border Patrol
            08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• Hello everyone

This will be my last week at the academy. Best wishes to everyone.

See you guys out in the field, get some.
              Standing by to stand by

Comment

• sorry double
                Standing by to stand by

Comment

• Originally posted by Tachibana View Post
                  Hello everyone

This will be my last week at the academy.
                  Congratulations on completing the academy. Did you do the Spanish Immersion part too? Do you have any tips for us waiting to go to the academy?

Thanks,
                  Section8
                  BPA Status
                  TSU: 04/24/09
                  EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                  Resigned: 10/28/09
                  Reapplied: 07/29/11
                  NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                  TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                  PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                  Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
                  Applied: 06/24/11
                  Written: 07/21/11
                  NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

Hello everyone

This will be my last week at the academy. Best wishes to everyone.

See you guys out in the field, get some.
                    Im right behind you big dog. Stay safe and out of trouble on whatever leave you got coming to you.
                    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Congrats to you both. I can't wait to get call from BI. Was academy everything you thought it was? Harder, easier? Hope to be in your shoes (11.5) in under a year!
                      trainee

Comment

• Hey section8 and flyfrog

I did the Spanish. For Spanish try to learn some of the basics first like grammar, in particular conjugation, as well as numbers, alphabet, months and days. The program just throws you in; although it isn't too difficult without a good foundation you will simply be memorizing phrases.

The academy is definitely a memorable and challenging experience. Get ready by exercising regularly: run, push-ups...run...push-ups... and run. Also be ready to study after hours for your law classes.

You will meet a lot of good people during basic and trust them to watch your back.

Have fun guys.

Hey sap

what sector are you going to? Tucson for me.
                        Standing by to stand by

Comment

Hey section8 and flyfrog

I did the Spanish. For Spanish try to learn some of the basics first like grammar, in particular conjugation, as well as numbers, alphabet, months and days. The program just throws you in; although it isn't too difficult without a good foundation you will simply be memorizing phrases.

The academy is definitely a memorable and challenging experience. Get ready by exercising regularly: run, push-ups...run...push-ups... and run. Also be ready to study after hours for your law classes.

You will meet a lot of good people during basic and trust them to watch your back.

Have fun guys.

Hey sap

what sector are you going to? Tucson for me.
                          Tachi: Check your PMs soon

To the others: Basically what the poster above me said. Come to the academy in good shape, stick together with your classmates, and try to have some fun with it. Remember, it's you guys vs. the instructors, so back each other up and help each other out. You'll get some memories and good stories out of it, even though you'll be dying to leave when you're in our spot.
                          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• I don't speak spanish so FLETC will be about 5 months for me? And what happens immediately after graduation from the Academy? Will they give me a couple days leave to prepare my family to move to my duty location or will I go to work immediately? Thanks
                            "People sleep peacefully in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                            George Orwell

BP
                            Written Test - 2/14/2009 Passed
                            Medical Exam - 3/13/2009 Passed
                            Fitness Test - 3/13/2009 Passed
                            Drug Screening - 4/24/2009 Passed
                            Structured Interview - 4/29/2009 Passed
                            Pre-Employment Forms - Received
                            Qualifications - GL-7
                            Background Investigation - Met with BI 7/22/2009

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
                            Written Test - 5/27/2009 Passed
                            NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

• Originally posted by OEFvet83 View Post
                              I don't speak spanish so FLETC will be about 5 months for me?
                              About that, yes.

And what happens immediately after graduation from the Academy?
                              You'll be issued your pistol and out process the facility. The next day will be a travel day.

Will they give me a couple days leave to prepare my family to move to my duty location or will I go to work immediately? Thanks
                              You can take whatever leave you accumulate while at the Academy. You may also be eligible for some administrative leave as well. I'm not 100% on the policy on that. You'll be given more information as you near the end of your stay in Artesia.

Comment

• Looks like my BI will be complete, minus my interview that I am trying to schedule the day I get back home (mid June). Hope it doesn't take to long to get to TSU/called/ART. Good luck all.
                                trainee

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10882 users online. 476 members and 10406 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X