Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SHU View Post
    Rest in Peace.
    I wasn't apart of it, but I saw the silent formation that the academy had the morning his class graduated. Pretty powerful stuff when there's an empty space in the line and the classmates are carrying the man's gear.
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

    "And you are kinda intoxicated."

    Comment


    • alcatraz,

      so you are waiting to start your BI? or you have completed and its in review?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by steven123 View Post
        alcatraz,

        so you are waiting to start your BI? or you have completed and its in review?
        My case went into the security office first week of March. However, I have not yet been contacted by my BI.
        United States Border Patrol
        08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

        Comment


        • It is with great regret; I inform you that I have withdrawn my application for Border Patrol Agent. This is a decision I have made solely on my own.

          I plan to raise a family, and do not want to miss out on the finer things in life, including but not limited to, time with my cohabitant (as listed on my SF-86) our dog, and soon to be baby. We are expecting our first child (and according to her, our last...lol) on Halloween.

          I have a very good career in the machining industry that will allow me to make time for my family, something my father never did for me.

          I want to wish everyone on this forum, the very best of luck in your endeavors.

          Adios
          Border Patrol Timeline
          Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
          Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
          Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
          Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
          Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
          Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
          Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
          Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
          Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CBP2b View Post
            It is with great regret; I inform you that I have withdrawn my application for Border Patrol Agent. This is a decision I have made solely on my own.

            I plan to raise a family, and do not want to miss out on the finer things in life, including but not limited to, time with my cohabitant (as listed on my SF-86) our dog, and soon to be baby. We are expecting our first child (and according to her, our last...lol) on Halloween.

            I have a very good career in the machining industry that will allow me to make time for my family, something my father never did for me.

            I want to wish everyone on this forum, the very best of luck in your endeavors.

            Adios
            I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck with your child, and don't quit your physical training. That way you will have a long productive life.
            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

            Comment


            • What's going on fellas? I haven't been on here in a while. To tell you the truth I had kind of given up on the whole process. Well I sent MHC an email this morning to send them my DD-214 and to ask if I was still even in the process. The lady said that I cleared security on the 8th of May. That being said, how long of a wait would you guys say that I have ahead of me before I get a call?Thanks!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Hope2BPA View Post
                What's going on fellas? I haven't been on here in a while. To tell you the truth I had kind of given up on the whole process. Well I sent MHC an email this morning to send them my DD-214 and to ask if I was still even in the process. The lady said that I cleared security on the 8th of May. That being said, how long of a wait would you guys say that I have ahead of me before I get a call?Thanks!
                The average waiting time has been 60 days. I would recommend you check out the New TSU Senority List from the HonorFirst.com forum. It will give you a good idea of TSU dates that they are calling. Right now they are currently calling people from the first week of March.
                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

                Comment


                • Thanks TPA! That's about what I figured. I'll see if I can find that thread on Honorfirst. Have you received your call yet? My investigator turned everything in at the end of February. Not sure why it took so long but at least it's done! Thanks again.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Hope2BPA View Post
                    Thanks TPA! That's about what I figured. I'll see if I can find that thread on Honorfirst. Have you received your call yet? My investigator turned everything in at the end of February. Not sure why it took so long but at least it's done! Thanks again.
                    No call here yet. I still have about two weeks still. Here's a list to the list.

                    New TSU Seniority List
                    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

                    Comment


                    • When CASS says "your case is in the security office" what does it mean?
                      BPA:
                      Written Test: Passed (97%)
                      Reactivated Feb 09
                      Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                      Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                      Medical Exam: Completed
                      Drug Test: Completed
                      Fitness: Completed
                      Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                      Background Investigation: Completed


                      IEA ICE
                      Written Test: Passed (80% )
                      Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                      Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
                        When CASS says "your case is in the security office" what does it mean?
                        Just as it says. Your file is in the security office.


                        There are 3 stages in the process:

                        1: The Investigation Phase, while data is being "collected" about you.

                        It takes 1 to 12 months, depending on 30 different variables. Location governs most of those variables. Most of that time, your file is in a drawer waiting for an available investigator. Once it gets assigned to someone, expect to be called within 24 hrs.

                        Other factors: How many ZIP codes are involved in your life? Residences, jobs, schools, etc.

                        How many BI contractors are in each ZIP Code? How competent are they?

                        How many OTHER cases pending in each ZIP code?

                        How cooperative are each of YOUR contacts?

                        2: The report writing Stage:

                        Again, this takes 1 to 6 months, depending on the complexity of your life, and the quality of writing skills (and competence) in the people involved. Some cases go through 4 to 8 re-writes, as the report is edited, proofread, re-written, & repeated.

                        Sometimes, this is where you will get calls from "DHS" or DC for clarification of your record. The call is from the contractor (USIS, KROLL, OMNISEC, etc) but they will not usually give the company name since the average applicant has never heard of their company.

                        3: The Adjudication process:

                        Could be done in 3 days, could take 12 months. Depends on the backlog of case reports that came in BEFORE your file did (even if they were initiated 12 months after you applied) and the competency and efficiency of the adjudicator who draws your case.

                        In some cases, the adjudicator finds problems or discepancies in the report, and it goes BACK to either Phase 2 or Phase 1. More often than in the past, many adjudicators will call the SUBJECT (you) directly for these clarifications. But if they call & miss you twice: they are likely to kick the file back, and go handle twenty other cases while your report gets revised or re-written.
                        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                          Just as it says. Your file is in the security office.


                          There are 3 stages in the process:

                          1: The Investigation Phase, while data is being "collected" about you.

                          It takes 1 to 12 months, depending on 30 different variables. Location governs most of those variables. Most of that time, your file is in a drawer waiting for an available investigator. Once it gets assigned to someone, expect to be called within 24 hrs.

                          Other factors: How many ZIP codes are involved in your life? Residences, jobs, schools, etc.

                          How many BI contractors are in each ZIP Code? How competent are they?

                          How many OTHER cases pending in each ZIP code?

                          How cooperative are each of YOUR contacts?

                          2: The report writing Stage:

                          Again, this takes 1 to 6 months, depending on the complexity of your life, and the quality of writing skills (and competence) in the people involved. Some cases go through 4 to 8 re-writes, as the report is edited, proofread, re-written, & repeated.

                          Sometimes, this is where you will get calls from "DHS" or DC for clarification of your record. The call is from the contractor (USIS, KROLL, OMNISEC, etc) but they will not usually give the company name since the average applicant has never heard of their company.

                          3: The Adjudication process:

                          Could be done in 3 days, could take 12 months. Depends on the backlog of case reports that came in BEFORE your file did (even if they were initiated 12 months after you applied) and the competency and efficiency of the adjudicator who draws your case.

                          In some cases, the adjudicator finds problems or discepancies in the report, and it goes BACK to either Phase 2 or Phase 1. More often than in the past, many adjudicators will call the SUBJECT (you) directly for these clarifications. But if they call & miss you twice: they are likely to kick the file back, and go handle twenty other cases while your report gets revised or re-written.
                          Great Answer Thanks.

                          I'm wondering if they will use the BI they had already started before I failed my OB the first time, I believe the investigator was finished investigating me, he had already talked to me, my neighbors, the people I used on E-QIP, my co-workers, my supervisor at work, high school friends, college friends etc.
                          Last edited by BPA2Be; 05-12-2009, 02:03 PM.
                          BPA:
                          Written Test: Passed (97%)
                          Reactivated Feb 09
                          Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                          Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                          Medical Exam: Completed
                          Drug Test: Completed
                          Fitness: Completed
                          Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                          Background Investigation: Completed


                          IEA ICE
                          Written Test: Passed (80% )
                          Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                          Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

                          Comment


                          • My CASS updated today and the BI section says, "your security investigation has cleared." Not sure what to think because I thought it should say reffered to TSU?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
                              Great Answer Thanks.

                              I'm wondering if they will use the BI they had already started before I failed my OB the first time, I believe the investigator was finished investigating me, he had already talked to me, my neighbors, the people I used on E-QIP, my co-workers, my supervisor at work, high school friends, college friends etc.
                              No prob. It was info posted on HonorFirst.
                              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Hope2BPA View Post
                                My CASS updated today and the BI section says, "your security investigation has cleared." Not sure what to think because I thought it should say reffered to TSU?
                                Are all other hiring requirements completed?
                                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8079 users online. 228 members and 7851 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X