300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CBP2b View Post
    Wow, that sucks Look on the positive side, you were able to test, this go-round!
    They recently closed the job offer.

Good luck
    Exactly, I think they did that because since no one else is testing any time soon, there is no hurry, those who pass will only be falling 2 weeks or so behind which is not much
    BPA:
    Written Test: Passed (97%)
    Reactivated Feb 09
    Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
    Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
    Medical Exam: Completed
    Drug Test: Completed
    Fitness: Completed
    Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
    Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
    Written Test: Passed (80% )
    Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
    Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

Last edited by cutter; 02-23-2010, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
        I wish I could be more help. I wear Under Armor shorts to prevent swamp nuts. I wear cotton tee shirts under my body armor because all the synthetic tees I've tried make me break out. For socks, I get them from VF(BPAs will know what that means), the black over white ones mostly, but I use the wool ones when it's cold. I wear 5.11 ATAC 8 side zip boots, though sometimes I wear military boots. I work mostly on pavement. VF sells "moisture management" tees. They seem alright. I know a lot of Agents that wear tank top style undershirts as well. It's pretty much up to you. It just can't show at the neck. Hope that helps.

Study hard and stay safe.

edit to add: I have just seen the post previous to mine. That's solid advice. Keep in mind that I work checkpoints mostly, with some highway interdiction thrown in. I don't hike nearly as much as a line Agent, so my equipment is different.
        Originally posted by SHU View Post
        I know they are expensive but you will suffer with cheap clothes. Cotton will stick to you and make you feel clammy. And when its cool outside after you cut sign for a while and get hot their is no worse feeling than having a cold sweaty t shirt stick to your body. Pony up the cash for under armor loose gear tactical v-neck t shirts. And buy the under armor 6" inch boxer briefs with the built in jock. The built in jock is quite a bit looser down stairs so the fellas can breath. They are not like compression shorts which feel way to tight for me. I usually buy the underwear a couple of sizes big so they will be loose. Buy the loose gear v necks 2 sizes bigger than what you will normally wear so the neck does not show. Another trick with the v necks is zip down your fly and grab the bottom of your t shirt and pull it down so the neck does not show. Also with your clothing money from VF solutions you can get the v necks they have that wick a little bit but not as good as under armor imho. I got 5 of them just because they were free. If I had to come out of pocket I would have got the under armor loose gear. If you are at Artesia now take the weekend bus up to Roswell and go to the crappy mall they have at the end of the bus line. The little sporting goods store they have in the mall has the under armor loose gear. Also if you go to a station that hikes a lot, you need to buy so QUALITY socks. The Danners I have fit me like crap and feel like concrete blocks strapped to my feet. I always wear two pairs of smart wool socks. They do not get wet when my feet sweat. If the station you are going to does not hike a lot or if you like the way the Danners fit you, I would not worry to much about buying the smart wool socks but don't wear cotton socks. I cannot stress to you how important socks are when you go on a long hike in the mountains. Your feet will thank you by not being covered with blisters.
        Both solid answers, thanks a bunch guys. The little mall in Roswell is where I bought those original v-necks that didn't fit; I've also noticed that they don't seem to stock the loose tactical v-necks by Under Armor. One way or another I'll probably find them.

Also 10-4 on the socks/boots deal. I'm already wearing smartwool socks half of the time (I do need to get more pairs though). I'm hoping to opt for another pair of boots, but it's all contingent on what FTO says about it. I'm going to a checkpoint station for what it's worth.

Again, thanks for the advice.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigerr19 View Post
          This is not quite correct. It's more like 3 days. I EOD on 5/11 with a 5/14 academy start date. It could be a couple of days longer if you EOD just before a weekend. They do "overbook" the classes, so if everyone shows up for EOD a couple of people may be asked to stay back for a week.
          Congratulations. You said that you EOD on 5/11 may i asked did you wait a long time after your TSU for the call? What i am trying to understand or know is more or less the amount of time between the call and EOD. I am making any sense at all? Does this is a logical question? Thanks, Mario

Comment

• Originally posted by mariocbp View Post
            Congratulations. You said that you EOD on 5/11 may i asked did you wait a long time after your TSU for the call? What i am trying to understand or know is more or less the amount of time between the call and EOD. I am making any sense at all? Does this is a logical question? Thanks, Mario
            Hmmm....
            You either want to know...

1 - How long (In time) is it going to take for you to get "The call" now that you have been put in TSU. If that is what you want, go back 3 pages and find the post where someone posted a Link to the TSU List on Honorfirst and you will get an idea more or less how long will you be waiting. Keep in mind that time varies from people to people.

OR

2 - How long (In time) do you have between "The call" and the EOD they will give you. if that is what you want to know, I'm going to speculate and totally guess that you have a week more or less to get to your station and go through all the paperwork etc. Maybe an active BPA or someone who is in the academy can correct me.

Hopefully I at LEAST cleared what you wanted to know.
            BPA:
            Written Test: Passed (97%)
            Reactivated Feb 09
            Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
            Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
            Medical Exam: Completed
            Drug Test: Completed
            Fitness: Completed
            Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
            Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
            Written Test: Passed (80% )
            Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
            Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Originally posted by mariocbp View Post
              I think there are two separate questions in there?

I was sent to TSU on 2/19 and received my call on 4/15, so almost a 60-day wait. Obviously I'll EOD on 5/11, so the time between getting "the call" and EOD is about 3.5 weeks. Your mileage may vary.

As mentioned previously in this thread, there is a "TSU Seniority List" on the Honorfirst.com forums where you can see a lot of current TSU dates and the dates when applicants got their call. If you haven't been to that site, I strongly suggest you check it out.

Good luck to you!

Comment

• Oral Board

Quick question, I got preliminary DQ'd, but I'm going to appeal. All of my documents are due to be postmarked by april 29th, and my board was scheduled for tomorrow morning. Should I still go to the board, or is everything stalled until I get my appeal granted? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• So...will I be getting my NOPA through email or house mail??
                  Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• Originally posted by skasif11 View Post
                    Quick question, I got preliminary DQ'd, but I'm going to appeal. All of my documents are due to be postmarked by april 29th, and my board was scheduled for tomorrow morning. Should I still go to the board, or is everything stalled until I get my appeal granted? Thanks in advance.
                    If it was me I would go to the oral board. There are only two possible outcomes that could happen. Either they turn you away or allow you to take it. If you are successful at appealing the DQ you will still be on track and not have to wait for another scheduled oral board. If BP is something you really want to do, you should fight for it.
                    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• I would def. go to the oral board, my situation is exactly the same as yours, i received my DQ letter and had my oral and all that before i wrote my letter, like i said before i was reinstated and now im in tsu waiting on "the call". My process took almost a year, but its been worth it so far. good luck. i hope this helps.
                      Border Patrol Agent:
                      Pre Employment Forms- completed 6/24/2008
                      Qualifications- completed4/2/2009
                      Medical Exam- completed 8/15/2008
                      Structured Interview- completed 8/6/2008
                      Drug Screening- Completed 4/9/2009
                      Background Investigation- completed 3/31/2009
                      Fitness- completed 8/15/2008
                      TSU-4/21/2009

Comment

• BI Completed

Even though CASS still shows my BI as pending, the phone system says it has been completed. Thus, I have completed all of the pre-employment steps. If you are interested, my timeline is below.

06/18/08 - Applied
                        07/21/08 - Written (passed)
                        08/08/08 - Tentative Offer
                        08/13/08 - Mailed the forms
                        09/02/08 - Medical (passed)
                        09/02/08 - Fitness (failed)
                        09/05/08 - Oral Board (passed)
                        11/25/08 - Reapplied
                        12/04/08 - Tentative Offer
                        12/15/08 - Mailed the forms
                        01/06/09 - Pre-Employment cleared
                        01/16/09 - Fitness (passed)
                        01/16/09 - Drug (passed)
                        02/05/09 - Qualifications cleared
                        03/04/09 - Investigator called me
                        03/07/09 - I met with the Investigator
                        04/23/09 - BI Completed

If you are still waiting to complete the pre-employment steps, please know that it will eventually happen.

Take care,
                        Section8
                        BPA Status
                        TSU: 04/24/09
                        EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                        Resigned: 10/28/09
                        Reapplied: 07/29/11
                        NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                        TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                        PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                        Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
                        Applied: 06/24/11
                        Written: 07/21/11
                        NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

• Originally posted by Section8 View Post
                          Even though CASS still shows my BI as pending, the phone system says it has been completed. Thus, I have completed all of the pre-employment steps. If you are interested, my timeline is below.

06/18/08 - Applied
                          07/21/08 - Written (passed)
                          08/08/08 - Tentative Offer
                          08/13/08 - Mailed the forms
                          09/02/08 - Medical (passed)
                          09/02/08 - Fitness (failed)
                          09/05/08 - Oral Board (passed)
                          11/25/08 - Reapplied
                          12/04/08 - Tentative Offer
                          12/15/08 - Mailed the forms
                          01/06/09 - Pre-Employment cleared
                          01/16/09 - Fitness (passed)
                          01/16/09 - Drug (passed)
                          02/05/09 - Qualifications cleared
                          03/04/09 - Investigator called me
                          03/07/09 - I met with the Investigator
                          04/23/09 - BI Completed

If you are still waiting to complete the pre-employment steps, please know that it will eventually happen.

Take care,
                          Section8
                          Wow, less than a year even with failing the fitness first time around!!! Congratulations, and best of luck to you get the call and head of to EOD.
                          Originally Posted by Law100
                          Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• I'm going to a checkpoint station for what it's worth.
                            Where are you headed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
                              Where are you headed?
                              You, sir, have a PM.
                              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• I was looking at that TSU list from honorfirst.com and DANG!! there is alot of people waiting.Do you guys think they will hire everybody who is in the process? At least The ones that are in TSU? I dont want to be negative but you know sometime i wonder.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10610 users online. 364 members and 10246 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X