300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
    Your signature says your BI was completed 3/24/09. Does that mean CASS said your file was under final review when you got the call about the NOPA?
    Yes sir...
    Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• Originally posted by nelly View Post
      Yes sir...
      You don't have to sir me. I am an applicant just as you still are. Don't lose hope or get discouraged. Many BPAs have been able to overcome a NOPA, and you can too. Read some discussions on HonorFirst about NOPAs, and download the template to start the process. Just be very clear with your explanation and hopefully you will be sporting the green in no time.
      Last edited by TPA3312; 04-22-2009, 12:29 AM.
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by Helo View Post
        I was born and raised in EP and I would honestly have to say that the best things about EP are the food and the people! The mexican food is true to form and while the community is somewhere along the lines of 90% hispanic, overall I had a great experience with all the people there (I'm white).

Real estate used to be ridiculously cheap, until the gov't decided to turn the military base from air defense back to its true form of ground forces. EP expects an influx of 10,000 troops over the coming 2 years and are building homes/barracks on base as fast as they can. Of course not every soldier decides to live on base so home prices have jumped up quite a bit over the past two years. My parents place alone has increased in value by at least 26% this year alone.

Overall, it's a great place and while I reside in Dallas now I am actually attempting to get back with CBP (I was too late in my decision making to apply for BP ). Best of luck to you!
        Hey thanks for your comments and info is greatly appreciated. Good luck to you too in everything you decide to do.
        Last edited by mariocbp; 04-22-2009, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
          Your signature says your BI was completed 3/24/09. Does that mean CASS said your file was under final review when you got the call about the NOPA?
          Looking at this situation i ask myself if there is the chance to have any problem after you are refer to the scheduling unit. Or does anyone had any problems after being so close? Any info on this will be appreciated. Thanks, Mario

Comment

• Originally posted by mariocbp View Post
            Looking at this situation i ask myself if there is the chance to have any problem after you are refer to the scheduling unit. Or does anyone had any problems after being so close? Any info on this will be appreciated. Thanks, Mario
            Well, your physical or medical could expire and failing the renewal may count. One guy over on the CBPO side was selected for a poly after being sent to TSU. That seems to be holding him up. It's the government, all kinds of crazy stuff happens.

Comment

• i got a letter saying that i have been reffered to TSU april 15. i checked CASS and it still say BI Pending. I called the hiring center and they told me i am in TSU. FREAKING CASS!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ronaldbur View Post
                i got a letter saying that i have been reffered to TSU april 15. i checked CASS and it still say BI Pending. I called the hiring center and they told me i am in TSU. FREAKING CASS!!!!!!!!
                Yeah, CASS is a great tool for checking the status, and wasting hours rechecking over and over. But it is not always right, and sometimes slow to update. Could you imagine having to write a letter to ask about your application? That would take forever. It seems many people, even me, have become too used to instant infomation.

Comment

• TPA3312, Thank you for those words. I've d.l. the template on honorfirst.com. It looks very helpful.
                  Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• I have read a few times on government jobs: apply, and then forget about it. Work out, do what you need to do to get in shape, at some point they will let you know what's up. I check CASS every day, and I agree with TPA3312, that I am way to reliant on knowing everything right now. I get email, and news on my phone, 10 years ago there was none of that.
                    Originally Posted by Law100
                    Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• yeah we all would die of nervousness if CASS did not exist haha
                      BPA:
                      Written Test: Passed (97%)
                      Reactivated Feb 09
                      Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                      Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                      Medical Exam: Completed
                      Drug Test: Completed
                      Fitness: Completed
                      Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                      Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                      Written Test: Passed (80% )
                      Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                      Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• anybody has been in TSU for a long time?
                        Whats your Geo.pref.
                        I put SW texas!! im thinking about changin it ti Arizona. Im not sure

Comment

anybody has been in TSU for a long time?
                          Whats your Geo.pref.
                          go back 2 or 3 pages, someone posted a link to the TSU List on Honorfirst it has the date when they were referred to TSU and their geo preference, that way you can get an idea
                          Last edited by BPA2Be; 04-22-2009, 02:50 PM.
                          BPA:
                          Written Test: Passed (97%)
                          Reactivated Feb 09
                          Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                          Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                          Medical Exam: Completed
                          Drug Test: Completed
                          Fitness: Completed
                          Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                          Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                          Written Test: Passed (80% )
                          Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                          Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

Last edited by cutter; 02-23-2010, 06:42 PM.

Comment

anybody has been in TSU for a long time?
                              Whats your Geo.pref.
                              Hey you can do that, and you know what you can get ? nothing. i just talked to a lady in TSU MHC and i told her that i've been reffere to TSU on FEB.26/09. She told me that i have to wait one more week maybe two to get the call, and that i have to be prepared because i will not get AZ. or CAL. The only that i can expect IS NM or TX. So have an idea !

Comment

• Originally posted by cutter View Post
                                I just took the test in NYC today at a "compressed testing site", well yea they didn't give us our grades there. They told us to leave and to wait 2-5 weeks. So much for a "compressed site". Quite annoyed actually.
                                Wow, that sucks Look on the positive side, you were able to test, this go-round!
                                They recently closed the job offer.

Good luck
                                Border Patrol Timeline
                                Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
                                Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
                                Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
                                Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
                                Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
                                Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
                                Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
                                Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
                                Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8334 users online. 420 members and 7914 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X