Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariocbp View Post
      Hey. My name is Mario i was wondering if you can help me with a couple of questions. How it is El Paso. What i mean is it is expensive. Does it has nice schools. What would you tell me in general if you may of course about living in El Paso. I hope my questions are good to you. I am just trying to get info of possible places they may offer. I know i may have two wait a couple of more months to receive the call cause i was just refered to the scheduling unit March/27/09 but i want to gather as much info i can get from people who actually live in those areas. Thanks, Mario
      I was born and raised in EP and I would honestly have to say that the best things about EP are the food and the people! The mexican food is true to form and while the community is somewhere along the lines of 90% hispanic, overall I had a great experience with all the people there (I'm white).

Real estate used to be ridiculously cheap, until the gov't decided to turn the military base from air defense back to its true form of ground forces. EP expects an influx of 10,000 troops over the coming 2 years and are building homes/barracks on base as fast as they can. Of course not every soldier decides to live on base so home prices have jumped up quite a bit over the past two years. My parents place alone has increased in value by at least 26% this year alone.

Overall, it's a great place and while I reside in Dallas now I am actually attempting to get back with CBP (I was too late in my decision making to apply for BP ). Best of luck to you!

Comment

• Thanks for that.

Comment

• DQ Question

I got a letter in the mail saying I was DQ'd for a numerous amount of things. They said on my questionnaire ( I assume the one I filled out when registering for the exam), I admitted to using a controlled substance in the past. Why would they let me take the exam, waste the money getting all the related documents in order, waste mostly my time on doing the SF-86, tracking down all of my past apt contacts and all that j***?! I signed up for the exam well over a month before I took it. Do they just not look at the questionnaires until someone passes the exam? Nothing but respect to the CBP, but come on, DQ me initially, don't let someone waste their time studying for that exam, and around $40-$50 to get fingerprinted/transcripts. This happen to anyone else? Best of luck to everyone else, and stay safe out there!

Comment

• You said you got DQ'd for "numerous" things, well, what else besides past drug use did you get DQ'd for? I would assume that it would have to be more than 2-3 reasons for DQ. But that's just common sense/logic coming into play on my part...

past DUI?
            past criminal offense?
            fired from a job or two?
            credit problems?
            etc...

Comment

• Happy day for me...

Medically cleared after I got asked for Additional Medical Info
              Pre-Employment Forms are Done

3 Checkmarks done 4 To go
              BPA:
              Written Test: Passed (97%)
              Reactivated Feb 09
              Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
              Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
              Medical Exam: Completed
              Drug Test: Completed
              Fitness: Completed
              Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
              Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
              Written Test: Passed (80% )
              Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
              Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Does all BP agents typically go to the southern border? I remember signing up to take the exam and I picked some town up towards Oregon or something. I didn't know if you could go to the northern border from the get go?

Comment

• I believe, based on many pages in this thread that you must start on the Southern Border.
                  Originally Posted by Law100
                  Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• Best of all, El Paso has Chicos Tacos!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                      During my oral board the three agents messed with me after calling me back into the room. They said after discussing my answers they felt I should wait some time and reapply. I was stunned and mouth dropped open before they started laughing and told me I passed. I guess since I was the first interview in the early morning they needed to have a little fun.
                      I had the same experience, except after my jaw dropped they said "We are just messing around, April Fool's". I didn't even think about it being April first when I walked into that room. I will always remember that April Fools joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                        What do you prefer in terms of underwear to wick away moisture when you're on duty? I'm trying to decide how to deal with my cotton undershirts getting destroyed by sweat and what not, and it seems like some of those synthetic moisture wicking shirts would do the trick, but the ones I tried out were more like compression shirts and weren't useable for on duty (the V-neck showed up BADLY when I tried it). Any suggestions on what to look for? I hear Under Armor heat shirts are the bees knees, but I can't see myself buying them for their outrageous prices....yet.

Thanks in advance sir, stay safe.
                        I wish I could be more help. I wear Under Armor shorts to prevent swamp nuts. I wear cotton tee shirts under my body armor because all the synthetic tees I've tried make me break out. For socks, I get them from VF(BPAs will know what that means), the black over white ones mostly, but I use the wool ones when it's cold. I wear 5.11 ATAC 8 side zip boots, though sometimes I wear military boots. I work mostly on pavement. VF sells "moisture management" tees. They seem alright. I know a lot of Agents that wear tank top style undershirts as well. It's pretty much up to you. It just can't show at the neck. Hope that helps.

Study hard and stay safe.

edit to add: I have just seen the post previous to mine. That's solid advice. Keep in mind that I work checkpoints mostly, with some highway interdiction thrown in. I don't hike nearly as much as a line Agent, so my equipment is different.
                        Last edited by Solohammer; 04-21-2009, 03:27 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

• Originally posted by Helo View Post
                          You said you got DQ'd for "numerous" things, well, what else besides past drug use did you get DQ'd for? I would assume that it would have to be more than 2-3 reasons for DQ. But that's just common sense/logic coming into play on my part...

past DUI?
                          past criminal offense?
                          fired from a job or two?
                          credit problems?
                          etc...
                          I don't have any of those above issues that you listed. I've had some credit blotches, but that was cleared up about three years ago, and I have a great credit score/history now. I'll have to check when I get home, but I'm thinking that the DQ could be a mistake because there were notations about deal with aliens/illegals (not sure of the exact wording), but that type of DQ came up a few times in the letter. Anyone else ever get a DQ letter that they felt was incorrect?

Comment

• skasif11, i got the same letter you did because i disclosed that i tried pot once years ago in college, you can appeal the ruling against you. I wrote them a letter stating what exactly happened and how i have been a good person for the last 3-4 years, they entered me back into the process and now im in TSU. My advice to you dont give up, write the letter and explain the situation to them. good luck to you. If you have anymore questions PM me.
                            Border Patrol Agent:
                            Pre Employment Forms- completed 6/24/2008
                            Qualifications- completed4/2/2009
                            Medical Exam- completed 8/15/2008
                            Structured Interview- completed 8/6/2008
                            Drug Screening- Completed 4/9/2009
                            Background Investigation- completed 3/31/2009
                            Fitness- completed 8/15/2008
                            TSU-4/21/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by movalqb View Post
                              skasif11, i got the same letter you did because i disclosed that i tried pot once years ago in college, you can appeal the ruling against you. I wrote them a letter stating what exactly happened and how i have been a good person for the last 3-4 years, they entered me back into the process and now im in TSU. My advice to you dont give up, write the letter and explain the situation to them. good luck to you. If you have anymore questions PM me.
                              An adjuster called me today stating im not suitable for employment due to a termination back in 2007. My jaw droped and was speechless. She stated my option was to withdraw or appeal with a NOPA. Of course I picked the NOPA. Im very disappointed in myself and wish I could take back time. Hopefully they will see how sincere I am...good luck to all.
                              Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• Originally posted by nelly View Post
                                An adjuster called me today stating im not suitable for employment due to a termination back in 2007. My jaw droped and was speechless. She stated my option was to withdraw or appeal with a NOPA. Of course I picked the NOPA. Im very disappointed in myself and wish I could take back time. Hopefully they will see how sincere I am...good luck to all.
                                Your signature says your BI was completed 3/24/09. Does that mean CASS said your file was under final review when you got the call about the NOPA?
                                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7036 users online. 270 members and 6766 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X