• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow...pretty much what he said lol
    Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• Originally posted by nelly View Post
      Wow...pretty much what he said lol
      Yeah. I really dont know what to say. But I understand how he/she feels. I felt the same way before my oral interview.
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
        Yeah. I really dont know what to say. But I understand how he/she feels. I felt the same way before my oral interview.
        Bump to that. It is a good thing that they don't allow you to discuss it outside, but man it would have been nice to have some better direction. I passed, but I was very sure I had failed.

The only other thing I was going to say was, at mine they asked for my Social Security Card. I couldn't find that instruction in my book anywhere, but they still did.
        Originally Posted by Law100
        Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• Same here....I thought I had failed. The Agent told me to step outside and like 5 mins later they call me back inside!!! I was thinking to myself wow they decided pretty quick to kick to the curb lol but I was wrong and passed!!

Comment

• I was wondering if someone could help me with this question? I've tried looking on honorfirst.com but couldn't find it. What does the PT consist of in the acodomey? Is it something like run 3-5 miles every other day? 5x a week? 3x a week? Any input would be great!!!

Comment

• During my oral board the three agents messed with me after calling me back into the room. They said after discussing my answers they felt I should wait some time and reapply. I was stunned and mouth dropped open before they started laughing and told me I passed. I guess since I was the first interview in the early morning they needed to have a little fun.

Comment

• First one!?!? Lucky you.....I waited 2 hours for mine!!!

Comment

• This sucks man !

Referred to Schedule EOD 2/26/2009 You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more.

Comment

• Originally posted by junito9210 View Post
                    This sucks man !

Referred to Schedule EOD 2/26/2009 You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more.
                    Don't worry. You are very very very close the receiving "the call". Check out the TSU senority List on HonorFirst, and you will see they are currently calling applicants in the mid Febuary range. Dont lose hope, and make sure you are excersising. It may be next week.
                    Last edited by TPA3312; 04-17-2009, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nelly View Post
                      First one!?!? Lucky you.....I waited 2 hours for mine!!!
                      Yeah, I was the first one to arrive. I was about ten minutes early. Half of the 4 people who had an oral board that morning showed up late. I was shocked they would do something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
                        Still looking for GENERAL advice regarding the Oral Board
                        it's coming up in a week
                        C'mon.. I am all for helping on here, but you have been told everything possible. Plus you already had an oral board. If anything, us 1 timers should have seeked your advice! jmo

Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                        Congrats on your soon to be child. Have you seen the TSU list on HonorFirst? It gives a good idea of where they are at on calling applicants. Right now they are at mid to late febuary.
                        Hey thanks! I have a question for you TPA, So after my BI clears I wait to hear from TSU, I believe. Do they offer me the post I will work at after academy?
                        Also, will EOD be when they accept me into the academy?
                        Border Patrol Timeline
                        Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
                        Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
                        Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
                        Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
                        Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
                        Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
                        Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
                        Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
                        Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP2b View Post
                          Hey thanks! I have a question for you TPA, So after my BI clears I wait to hear from TSU, I believe. Do they offer me the post I will work at after academy?
                          Also, will EOD be when they accept me into the academy?
                          Yes you are correct. Once you finish all pre-employment steps the next line you wait in is TSU. Once a position is open TSU delivers "the call" telling you X, Y, or Z has an open position in your selected location, and if you wish to accept. If you do accept you will be given an EOD date and a date which you start FLETC. From what I have seen on the forums your EOD date is about 2 weeks before the FLETC date. You report first to your duty station before FLETC to fill out paperwork, meet the station chief, watch some training videos, clean the break room, and other busy work.

Comment

• Anyone have any idea how long the wait could be from the time you clear all the steps in cass to be sent to tsu? I cleared everything last friday and havent heard anything about TSU yet? Just wondering if anyone has any ideas.
                            Thanks
                            Border Patrol Agent:
                            Pre Employment Forms- completed 6/24/2008
                            Qualifications- completed4/2/2009
                            Medical Exam- completed 8/15/2008
                            Structured Interview- completed 8/6/2008
                            Drug Screening- Completed 4/9/2009
                            Background Investigation- completed 3/31/2009
                            Fitness- completed 8/15/2008
                            TSU-4/21/2009

Comment

Congrats on your soon to be child. Have you seen the TSU list on HonorFirst? It gives a good idea of where they are at on calling applicants. Right now they are at mid to late febuary.
                              Originally posted by movalqb View Post
                              Anyone have any idea how long the wait could be from the time you clear all the steps in cass to be sent to tsu? I cleared everything last friday and havent heard anything about TSU yet? Just wondering if anyone has any ideas.
                              Thanks
                              Check this link out movalqb, TPA was nice enough to post it
                              Border Patrol Timeline

Comment

Yes you are correct. Once you finish all pre-employment steps the next line you wait in is TSU. Once a position is open TSU delivers "the call" telling you X, Y, or Z has an open position in your selected location, and if you wish to accept. If you do accept you will be given an EOD date and a date which you start FLETC. From what I have seen on the forums your EOD date is about 2 weeks before the FLETC date. You report first to your duty station before FLETC to fill out paperwork, meet the station chief, watch some training videos, clean the break room, and other busy work.
                                Excellent!!! Thank you so much
                                Border Patrol Timeline

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9376 users online. 352 members and 9024 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X