300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mariocbp View Post
    Hello there CBP2b i got say this you are the luckiest. Your process have been really fast.
    Congrats and good luck to all.
    Thank you! My process is only moving this fast because my girlfriend is pregnant. She says "it's her luck", we are expecting on Halloween. I figure since I have lived in the same house for 12 years and the same job for 14 years, my background won't be too long. So that should put me in TSU, around our delivery date

This will be our first and last child, and I may have to miss the birth. I am not too excited about that. I am, however looking forward to FLETC, and thank goodness my girl realizes this endeavor is going to benifit all of us.
    Border Patrol Timeline
    Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
    Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
    Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
    Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
    Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
    Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
    Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
    Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
    Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP2b View Post
      Thank you! My process is only moving this fast because my girlfriend is pregnant. She says "it's her luck", we are expecting on Halloween. I figure since I have lived in the same house for 12 years and the same job for 14 years, my background won't be too long. So that should put me in TSU, around our delivery date

This will be our first and last child, and I may have to miss the birth. I am not too excited about that. I am, however looking forward to FLETC, and thank goodness my girl realizes this endeavor is going to benifit all of us.
      Congrats on your soon to be child. Have you seen the TSU list on HonorFirst? It gives a good idea of where they are at on calling applicants. Right now they are at mid to late febuary.
      Last edited by TPA3312; 04-15-2009, 09:18 PM.
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Anybody know if there will be testing for BPA this year?

Comment

• Equipment Question:
          Anyone know what the standard issue firearm is for BPA? Also what are some good books to read that directly apply to the job to help prepare prior to the academy in the event any of us eager candidates gets 'the call'....

Comment

• Originally posted by headcrash View Post
            Equipment Question:
            Anyone know what the standard issue firearm is for BPA? Also what are some good books to read that directly apply to the job to help prepare prior to the academy in the event any of us eager candidates gets 'the call'....
            HK P2000 with a LEM (v2) trigger

Comment

• Originally posted by doubleA View Post
              Anybody know if there will be testing for BPA this year?
              As of March 28, 2009, hiring for the Border Patrol was closed. This was a message from Mary who works in the Border Patrol TSU.

[Original Post] [Updated Post]

Just thought I would get a quick note off to you to let you know that the Register for Border Patrol is closing Saturday (3/28/09) at midnight until further notice.

So, here is what this office is doing. Regardless of your Geographic Preference we are going to call everyone in the order in which they reached our office. They will be told that this is what we have available, and if we can give two options for duty stations we will, but if we can’t the applicant will get the location where we have been mandated to get people to.

IF for some reason this doesn’t satisfy someone and they complain we are not offering them their area of preference we will set them aside for 90 days, IF in that 90 days we get something to fill in their area of preference we will call back with one final offer. If at the end of 90 days we don’t get something in their area of preference they will get one more call with a final offer. If they choose not to take the offer their file will be closed. They will have to reapply whenever the announcement opens again.

We have 16,000 plus people in process for the Border Patrol Agent position. Based on our numbers and analysis we have enough people in process to fill the remainder of the slots for this Fiscal Year and pretty much all of what is projected for next year. If we loose more people to declination than we are projecting the announcement could reopen but when it does the selections may be down to a specific test score. What that means is, if we only need to put 500 people in process we pull names from the register until we reach 500 applicants. This could mean that we only pull people that scored 95 or above.

At the moment the area of concentration is in West Texas/New Mexico. This means the Marfa Sector, number one priority to fill, the Del Rio Sector and the El Paso Sector.

We have been more than generous with California and Arizona this year and have over filled some of their locations so we need to people leave position before we go back to placing people in those areas.

Northern Border positions we will begin filling once we have enough cleared to warrant calls for that area. At this time I have 250 slots to fill at various locations up there. As usual we will do our best to honor the preference, but note it is only a preference.

Updated Notes:
              Currently in process means: You have received a "Tentative Selection Letter" and you have returned all the forms, have completed a medical or are scheduled for a medical, same with fitness test and so on.

We have NOT stopped putting people into process. We will continue to pull names off of the register. We have enough people on the register that we don't feel that at this time we need people applying which is the reason it was closed temporarily. Once the numbers go down to a level that the service feels is too low, the announcement will reopen. In the meantime we will continue to pull names and put people into process that have taken the test and received their notice of results. The number of names pulled and when is all determined by the people we loose through the process whether it is failing background, failed medical, declined position and so on.

[Original Post] [Updated Post

Comment

• I'm so ticked off. By time I came around and figured I would apply for BP (I was weighing my options with my fiance, and the whole moving thing) they closed it. ugh.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Helo;1767641]I'm so ticked off. By time I came around and figured I would apply for BP (I was weighing my options with my fiance, and the whole moving thing) they closed it. ugh.[/QU

Just keep an open eye on USAjobs.com. BPA's are retiring, getting fired, quiting, getting promoted and sadly to say, killed. Im sure this announcement will open up again within 2 years. Good luck to you!!
                  Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• Originally posted by nelly View Post
                    Just keep an open eye on USAjobs.com. BPA's are retiring, getting fired, quiting, getting promoted and sadly to say, killed. Im sure this announcement will open up again within 2 years. Good luck to you!!
                    Yeah, a lot of people don't make it, even those that get the offer and go up to Artesia. Once they get through the gigantic stack of apps in line, and weed out those who do not qualify, and those who do quality who can't cut it, or decide they don't want the life, there will be openings again.
                    Originally Posted by Law100
                    Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• Pappabacon

What happened to the other local agencies in your signature? You still going for them or just "Agencey #1", what ever that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                        Pappabacon

What happened to the other local agencies in your signature? You still going for them or just "Agencey #1", what ever that is.
                        Agency #1 is them (BPA), another one is on a hiring freeze, the third one is too early in the process, once I get to backgrounds I will likely add one or both back in. I had said in an earlier post that I wanted to focus primarily on BPA for now, but with the backlog, it seems like it will take a loooong time. I have some long term goals, and I just need to get hired somewhere first to get to them.

My signature had gotten too long.

Comment

• Very stupid question lol......how do you make a signature?!?!
                          Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

Very stupid question lol......how do you make a signature?!?!
                            You go to the user cp up on the left there. There is an "edit signature" line, click, and have fun!

Comment

Very stupid question lol......how do you make a signature?!?!
                              Click on "user cp" on the top left corner of the page. Then click "edit signature" on the left.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 02:31 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12717 users online. 414 members and 12303 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X