Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Surfkat. Good to see you here.
    trainee

Comment

• Originally posted by Helo View Post
      Hearing about all of the progress here lately makes me pretty excited about the whole deal. My test is next month and I'm passing time by working out and studying out of that guide. Speaking of; while most of the math seems fairly easy it would be more time effective to use a calculator. Are they allowed (a simple scientific one, that is)?

Thanks.

And read every answer (taking notice of those you can eliminate immediately) before choosing...that should be basic test-taking 101 but it is always a good reminder

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Medical Worries

Post Deleted
          Last edited by UCFknight; 02-26-2010, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
            I like learning new things and I'm lucky to have great FTOs. I get paid to learn a lot of very interesting things about alien and drug smuggling organizations. How they operate and how it pertains to traffic on the border. Many other things as well but I can't go into most of it. Plus I get paid to workout everyday by hiking in the mountains. Its like going to work everyday and being in a episode of some show on the discovery channel. If you like adventure and you have a positive attitude, its a great job. And I cannot stress having a positive attitude enough. Your outlook on things will make or break you on this job. Or any job for that matter.
            i can't wait to get out from behind my desk and start doing that...

Comment

• Originally posted by UCFknight View Post
              Hello everyone I just took my medical and fitness last week. I passed the fitness without a problem, but I have a medical issue and I do not know if it will disqualify me. My question is: How long will it take to here back about my medical exam? I know times my vary but some time frames would help. Thanks
              I have heard of some getting a Notice Of Results, I did not recieve such a letter. My medical was completed on CASS in less than 2 weeks. Good luck with your issue.
              Border Patrol Timeline
              Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
              Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
              Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
              Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
              Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
              Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
              Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
              Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
              Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by Helo View Post
                Hearing about all of the progress here lately makes me pretty excited about the whole deal. My test is next month and I'm passing time by working out and studying out of that guide. Speaking of; while most of the math seems fairly easy it would be more time effective to use a calculator. Are they allowed (a simple scientific one, that is)?

Thanks.
                Hey buddy, wrong thread. You want the CBP thread. The BPA test doesn't have math. But, just like someone stated, everyone is welcome here
                Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• Originally posted by UCFknight View Post
                  Hello everyone I just took my medical and fitness last week. I passed the fitness without a problem, but I have a medical issue and I do not know if it will disqualify me. My question is: How long will it take to here back about my medical exam? I know times my vary but some time frames would help. Thanks
                  From my expiernece, I had an issue with my eye sight. It took them about 2-4 weeks that I remember to send me a letter stating what I had to do to not get DQ from the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                    Were you one of the guys who had to keep track of every instructor who came to class and turn it in at the end of the week?
                    Si Senor.

By the end of ops I'd call it the "Lion's Den" cause I'd pass by too many TOSes and A-Chiefs to count.
                    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP2b View Post
                      Sounds like you are taking the CBPO exam? This is the BPA thread. Obviously, everyone is welcome here, just be sure to read over the CBPO thread.

Good Luck
                      You are correct. I caught myself after the fact. Im scouring this thread because I'm also interested in BP when the time comes.

Thanks and I apologize for the n00b mistake.
                      Last edited by Helo; 04-15-2009, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• Background check, what happens next?

I just spoke with my background investigator and he told me they have completed my background. This was the last step in the hiring process for me, everything else on "cass" says complete, does anyone know what the time frame is that I am looking at. I also wanted to know if I should expect a polygrapgh. I was just offered a job at another agency which starts in a month and I am not sure if I should take it in the mean time. I also heard from someone that they are doing academies out of Charleston S.C as well as Artisia NM right now, has anyone heard of this? Thanks guys!

Comment

• Ive been looking through the thread very lightly and I can tell you that they don't poly EVERYONE (if they do, do you have something to hide?! ).

Comment

• Originally posted by YMEOFFCR View Post
                            I just spoke with my background investigator and he told me they have completed my background. This was the last step in the hiring process for me, everything else on "cass" says complete, does anyone know what the time frame is that I am looking at. I also wanted to know if I should expect a polygrapgh. I was just offered a job at another agency which starts in a month and I am not sure if I should take it in the mean time. I also heard from someone that they are doing academies out of Charleston S.C as well as Artisia NM right now, has anyone heard of this? Thanks guys!
                            I as well have just finished my BI back in the begining of March. As I read on honorfirst.com and this thread everbody has different stories. I have read the average of wait until one heres something after their BI is 2-4 months.

As for the polygraph...I also read that it's random. If you were to get one, it'll be before your BI. So im guessing you won't be getting one (don't quote me on that it could change ).

Comment

• Originally posted by YMEOFFCR View Post
                              There are no other academies other than Artesia for Border Patrol Agents. As far as waiting for an offer, I finished my background last year and my package has been in the TSU since early February. Could be 2 to 6 months wait depending on who you speak to. I have never heard of a polygraph being administered for the Border Patrol Agent position, but I suppose there could be if you had some questionable issues in your background.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP2b View Post
                                First off CONGRATS!
                                Is your testing site compressed? (do you get your results same day?) A compressed site really speeds things up.

I was unable to choose my oral board location, being that your in Hawaii, I guess that won"t be the only difference. My Oral review board was scheduled 1 week after my entrance exam, I did not learn of this until I passed.

Also be sure to look at http://honorfirst.com Good Luck

Hello there CBP2b i got say this you are the luckiest. Your process have been really fast. I begin my process on August 30 and just March 27 i was sent to EOD.

Congrats and good luck to all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5796 users online. 336 members and 5460 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X