• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol that's how it usally works out...
    Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• Originally posted by slinger2424 View Post
      .....and how many Instructors watch HonorFirst and this thread?

GL in Artesia my friend
      Several instructors, like me.

Comment

• It's great to see we have instructors viewing the site also. Please don't judge us all by several trouble makers.
        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
          It's great to see we have instructors viewing the site also. Please don't judge us all by several trouble makers.
          I try not to do so. I've seen some really good interns come through the Academy. I've also seen some people who shouldn't be in law enforcement show up. Most self eliminate, but those who don't we try to assist with a career change.

I found out early on that I couldn't change an intern's attitude or an unwillingness to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by surf_kat View Post
            I try not to do so. I've seen some really good interns come through the Academy. I've also seen some people who shouldn't be in law enforcement show up. Most self eliminate, but those who don't we try to assist with a career change.

I found out early on that I couldn't change an intern's attitude or an unwillingness to learn.
            Sadly it appears that instructors cant change much at the academy. The end result is that everyone else pays. Im sure the doper dude will make it and then the people at the station will have to wait 3-4 months for an FOS to fire him. Too sad.

Good luck to the qualified, motivated and honest few!
            Current FED LEO

ICE SA
            Summer 09 Test passed
            Sent in packet

Comment

• Originally posted by thereaperman
              Madchicken, yes it does seem like it worked!!!

And I know background investigators may look at these forums. Thats fine. I think your bitter bc you said there was no way I was getting in with my prior drug history (which isn't much)

madchiken = FAIL
              People like you are the reason that very few agents bother to answer questions on here or on honorfirst. If you don't like the answers you get to your questions then you shouldn't bother to ask. If following forum rules is simply too difficult for you then stay off that particular forum. Most agents never relied on advice from the internet to make it through the hiring process anyway.

As to your prospective employment with the Border Patrol, it appears that your thin skin and poor attitude presents a bigger issue than your drug use (although drug use within a year probably will present quite an issue during a BI). While it is true that the academy has been "dumbed down" and the attrition rate is down significantly, that is not the whole story. Trainees have a two year probationary period. People are getting fired who cannot get with the program. While you may make it out of the academy with a poor "know-it-all" attitude, you might not make it out of FTO.

If you want to have a career in The Patrol then you should be a little bit more careful about establishing a bad reputation for yourself even before you have gone to the academy. Many of the people who read these internet forums could be your future instructors of your future FTOs. Instead of knowing you as "M. Smith from Nevada" they will look at you as the immature, semi-literate, know it all kid from the internet. It seems like a bad idea to try and start a career like this and it seems as if you are setting yourself up for failure.

Comment

• I take the exam on Friday. Any advice? What should I wear to the exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
                  I take the exam on Friday. Any advice? What should I wear to the exam?
                  I used a polo shirt and jeans, dont need a suit or anything for the test, but obviously dont go in shorts
                  BPA:
                  Written Test: Passed (97%)
                  Reactivated Feb 09
                  Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                  Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                  Medical Exam: Completed
                  Drug Test: Completed
                  Fitness: Completed
                  Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                  Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                  Written Test: Passed (80% )
                  Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                  Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• I agree, I wore Dockers and a button up shirt. We had very little contact with the Senior Agent, and I would doubt that he remembers any of us, but I wouldn't want to be the guy in jeans and a t-shirt.

Good Luck.
                    Originally Posted by Law100
                    Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
                      I take the exam on Friday. Any advice? What should I wear to the exam?
                      Arrive early and study off of your study guide booklet that you recieved. Make sure you have a proper gov't ID with you. As far *** dressing goes...just make sure you don't look like a homeless man. Nice botton up shirt with slacks will do. Best of Luck!!!
                      Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• Hearing about all of the progress here lately makes me pretty excited about the whole deal. My test is next month and I'm passing time by working out and studying out of that guide. Speaking of; while most of the math seems fairly easy it would be more time effective to use a calculator. Are they allowed (a simple scientific one, that is)?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helo View Post
                          Hearing about all of the progress here lately makes me pretty excited about the whole deal. My test is next month and I'm passing time by working out and studying out of that guide. Speaking of; while most of the math seems fairly easy it would be more time effective to use a calculator. Are they allowed (a simple scientific one, that is)?

Thanks.
                          Only thing you are allowed is pencils and eraser, no calculator, don't sweat it too much, more than math it is logic. just study the guide, read every question 2 times to make sure you understood what it is asking and don't fall behind in the time
                          BPA:
                          Written Test: Passed (97%)
                          Reactivated Feb 09
                          Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                          Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                          Medical Exam: Completed
                          Drug Test: Completed
                          Fitness: Completed
                          Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                          Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                          Written Test: Passed (80% )
                          Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                          Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• I appreciate it.

Comment

• Question for those currently active:
                              After you get out of the training and arrive as a newbie what are the best things about being a Border Patrol Agent? What makes you want to go to work each day? What things make you glad you chose BP? I realize that as you move along in the career path you have more options within the Border Patrol but starting out am curious what people think. Thx for any input

Comment

• Originally posted by Helo View Post
                                Hearing about all of the progress here lately makes me pretty excited about the whole deal. My test is next month and I'm passing time by working out and studying out of that guide. Speaking of; while most of the MATH seems fairly easy it would be more time effective to use a calculator. Are they allowed (a simple scientific one, that is)?
                                Thanks.
                                Sounds like you are taking the CBPO exam? This is the BPA thread. Obviously, everyone is welcome here, just be sure to read over the CBPO thread.

Good Luck
                                Border Patrol Timeline
                                Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
                                Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
                                Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
                                Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
                                Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
                                Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
                                Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
                                Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
                                Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8029 users online. 201 members and 7828 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X