300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
    Haven't we chased most of the Agents off this forum?
    Some of us are still around.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• SHU- Thank you for that post. That just makes me more determined and motivated to becomming a B.P.A. I really hope nobody just takes this as a "job" but as a career move with such a high professional level.
        Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
          I would agree that agents left this forum for HonorFirst because of grammer, spelling, and moderation. Which is a shame since they are only hurting newbies they may be training and/or supervising later. I like that the atmosphere here is more light and relaxed on this forum. I also agree it's a shame an applicant would argue with a BPA instead of taking and respecting their insight and advice.
          I agree.
          Originally Posted by Law100
          Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
            I/we appreciate the few we have left! Thank you for all of the insight you give Solohammer!
            Originally Posted by Law100
            Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
              Thank you very much for helping us, taking time out of your day, and putting up with the more childish posters. Many of us here appreiciate the help you give.
              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                In regards to the above post on post academy testing.

Some of the post academy tests are not easy. If you fail one you can retest but you are in a very bad situation if you have to retest. Even if you pass the retake you are going a get a very bad eval which is a paper trail to termination. Once you get out of the academy you are going to have 7 post academy exams in addition to the tests that your FTOs give you and the additional sector training. ...
                SHU, thank you very much for the advice and insight into what to expect after graduation from the academy in MN. Your advice has been close to the best I have read since I started the application process and following the two forums in Dec. 08.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Again thank you very much for the great advice. Another question I haven't seen answered yet on the forum every cadet should know. How are we required to address our trainers and instructors? Yes maam yes sir, yes agent X, or yes Patrol Agent X? I'm sure we will be told the first day, but practing now will help commit it to memory.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Thank you again.

Comment

• I have a question. I just received the date for my OB, and to my surprise it is on a Sunday...has anyone been to an interview on a Sunday? I'm going to call and ask just to make sure anyway.
                          BPA:
                          Written Test: Passed (97%)
                          Reactivated Feb 09
                          Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                          Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                          Medical Exam: Completed
                          Drug Test: Completed
                          Fitness: Completed
                          Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                          Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                          Written Test: Passed (80% )
                          Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                          Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
                            I have a question. I just received the date for my OB, and to my surprise it is on a Sunday...has anyone been to an interview on a Sunday? I'm going to call and ask just to make sure anyway.

I did my OB on a Sunday in Detroit.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                              Yes Sir/No sir and keep your eyes forward fixed on something in the distance with your head level, shoulders back and gut sucked in with your fists to your sides. Do not look into their eyes unless you are told to do so. Also when you stand at attention do not lock your knees back for too long. You will pass out if you have your knees locked to long. Bend one of them every now and again but do not move while you are doing it.
                              If I may add a little myself:

When going to building 25 (you'll know what I'm talking about when you get to ART), ALWAYS, I repeat ALWAYS do the above to anyone you see there. I had to go there every week during ops for administrative stuff for my class. I cannot tell you how many times there would be another trainee behind me, and while I would sound off with some volume and show the respect, the trainee behind me wouldn't and would get torn up. Bad. Funny stories for me to tell others, but you don't to be on the butt end of it.
                              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9976 users online. 369 members and 9607 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X