300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a jackass.

She remained calm, but she buckled, did she not? I would have followed through with the request to have him pull into secondary.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
      I saw one of these videos. That was the end of ME clicking on the links. I would rather not give these morons a "hit" from me saying I saw their video.

Also, I would never incourage other people to support what they are doing, by posting the link here. But thats just me
      Border Patrol Timeline
      Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
      Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
      Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
      Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
      Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
      Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
      Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
      Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
      Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP2b View Post
        I saw one of these videos. That was the end of ME clicking on the links. I would rather not give these morons a "hit" from me saying I saw their video.

Also, I would never incourage other people to support what they are doing, by posting the link here. But thats just me
        I agree, and thought for a while before posting not wanting to give them any publicity, but thought it would be a good learning situation if the rules are not changed.
        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

I agree, and thought for a while before posting not wanting to give them any publicity, but thought it would be a good learning situation if the rules are not changed.
          I agree about the rules being changed, to help those agents. Maybe this militia group that post these videos, could help do just that, with all their apparent free-time.
          But I doubt they ever will. Besides what would the world be without, tree-huggers? Oh that's right.. just the same as it is now.
          Last edited by CBP2b; 04-09-2009, 04:25 PM.
          Border Patrol Timeline
          Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
          Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
          Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
          Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
          Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
          Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
          Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
          Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
          Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

• Ive never seen these, it is ridiculous that they do this, but then if some mexican gang comes into their town they will start crying WHERE WAS DHS??

On a more positive note, CASS just updated and I should be receiving my Oral Board Date in the mail next week, Any insight on it will be greatly appreciated, I know the confidentiality agreement, I failed the first time, just general tips Thanks Ahead.
            BPA:
            Written Test: Passed (97%)
            Reactivated Feb 09
            Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
            Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
            Medical Exam: Completed
            Drug Test: Completed
            Fitness: Completed
            Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
            Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
            Written Test: Passed (80% )
            Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
            Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

These CheckpointUSA scum who post videos on YouTube harassing BPAs make me sick. Do they not have anything better to do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6uw7506xMw

[Discussion on HonorFirst]
              With him not answering her questions and not cooraperating isn't that enough P.C. to DETAIN him and arrest him?? Does a B.P. not have the right to not give any info out such as badge number or supervisor's name? If any B.P.A. could answer this that'll be great
              Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
                Ive never seen these, it is ridiculous that they do this, but then if some mexican gang comes into their town they will start crying WHERE WAS DHS??

On a more positive note, CASS just updated and I should be receiving my Oral Board Date in the mail next week, Any insight on it will be greatly appreciated, I know the confidentiality agreement, I failed the first time, just general tips Thanks Ahead.
                Im sure you've heard it by now and seeing that you have gone through this once allready you should learn from your mistakes. Dress to impress, be polite as much as you can (firm hand shake, adress them as sir or ma'am), and most of all, use common sence. Don't try to sound like a hero when answering the questions, sound smart, use your brain. DON'T BE LATE!!!
                Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• Also make sure you make eye contact with the BPAs during questions and answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
                    Since you've taken it already, you have a leg up on those who haven't yet. I don't think, from the one I had, that there is anything that can be taught to improve your pass/fail. They are looking for something, I don't know exactly what, and that's what they need to see/hear to pass you. I am almost afraid to write anything more, for fear about the non-disclosure agreement thingy.

The advice I would give, dress sharp, shine your shoes, be well groomed, and I also agree with the eye contact comment. Someone said "dress like you are going to a funeral; yours." Good luck!!!
                    Originally Posted by Law100
                    Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• Originally posted by nelly View Post
                      With him not answering her questions and not cooraperating isn't that enough P.C. to DETAIN him and arrest him?? Does a B.P. not have the right to not give any info out such as badge number or supervisor's name? If any B.P.A. could answer this that'll be great
                      Haven't we chased most of the Agents off this forum?

Comment

• Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
                        Haven't we chased most of the Agents off this forum?
                        I don't see how this topic will chase any BPAs off this forum. I actually found it on the HonorFirst forum. I'm sure in training we will be instructed on how to deal with this scum.

Comment

• Originally posted by nelly View Post

I'm not sure if it is different as a "uniformed" officer, but where I work, I must identify myself by name and title, if requested, while performing official duties on behalf of DHS.

I would assume that the same policy applies to BPAs at a checkpoint while in performance of their official duties..but then again, I work for a DHS component that is not CBP

I'm sure a BPA will provide the appropriate response to your inquiry

Comment

I don't see how this topic will chase any BPAs off this forum. I actually found it on the HonorFirst forum. I'm sure in training we will be instructed on how to deal with this scum.
                            I meant that most of the Agents that used to be on the forum/thread, said they wouldn't post anymore because they reacted to posts on here like they would have at honorfirst (correcting spelling/grammer/etc.), and a few people on here didn't care for that and argued with the Agents, so they left.
                            Last edited by pappabacon; 04-09-2009, 10:23 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
                              I meant that most of the Agents that used to be on the forum/thread, said they wouldn't post anymore because they reacted to posts on here like they would have at honorfirst (correcting spelling/grammer/etc.), and a few people on here didn't care for that and argued with the Agents, so they left.
                              I would agree that agents left this forum for HonorFirst because of grammer, spelling, and moderation. Which is a shame since they are only hurting newbies they may be training and/or supervising later. I like that the atmosphere here is more light and relaxed on this forum. I also agree it's a shame an applicant would argue with a BPA instead of taking and respecting their insight and advice.

Comment

• Here is a pro Border Patrol user from youtube. There is a lot of good informational videos on what goes down at the line.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BorderGuards
                                ____________ _____________
                                "Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything" - Alexander Hamilton

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10104 users online. 471 members and 9633 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X