300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
    He is correct. Anything less than a suit and tie is just asking to get hammered. The oral can be a very unpleasant experience. I would not do anything to **** them off.

Thanks, I'll take that under advisement. I wore business attire to the other stuff, and stuck out like a sore thumb. Good thing I have a spare casual suit I can bring. Hearing a lot of conflicting info about this-wear anything, wear a business suit, its easy, you get "hammered"....wonder if it varies from site to site. My notice said it could take from three hours to all day....

Comment

• You can wear a business suit and do everything right and still get hammered, in fact I say you should. The oral interview, at least back when I went through it, was supposed to be a stressful experience. Mine was for sure. If you want the job, wear a suit, show up early, say yes sir/no sir, make eye contact and greet the agents with a firm handshake and be polite. Think before you answer the questions and when you do answer, do not change your answer when questioned about it. If people are going to the interview without do these things, they have no business in the patrol or any other professional law enforcement position. Do not listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. They are giving you very bad advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Shiherlis View Post
        I wore business attire to the other stuff, and stuck out like a sore thumb.
        Unless it was a compressed testing, you probably didn't interact with any agents. And if it was compressed, the agents were there to give you an orientation, not evaluate you. You will, obviously, interact with and be evaluated by agents at the OB. So wear a suit.

If you still stick out at the OB, that's because the others weren't smart enough to wear a suit, not because you were overdressed.

I'm not sure what a "casual suit" is. Hopefully you mean a typical interview "business" suit.
        Last edited by Tirofijo; 07-03-2008, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• It's really a no brainer, suit and tie.
          Border Patrol Process

Written Test---4/21 (101 testers-23 passed)
          Medical--------5/19
          Oral Board------5/19
          Physical Agility--5/19
          Credit Report Pulled---6/06
          Random Drug Test-----6/13
          B.I. Started Field Interviewing---6/24
          Employment Qualifications Cleared For G-5 6/26
          Meet With B.I. From The D.H.S.-------7/7

http://<span style="font-size:12px">...rst.com</span>

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA2b View Post
            It's really a no brainer, suit and tie.
            I went to my interview for Air marshall and the only one who stuck out was the guy that showed up in a t-shirt, shorts and sandals. They sent him home pretty quick. We called him "Casual Friday".
            USSCP
            Faxed App 7/28/10
            Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
            Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• I stand corrected, the letter does indeed say "business attire recommended." Since my dark suit looks like funeral attire, and my "casual" suit kind of makes me look like a South American underworld kingpin, I think I'm feeling a good excuse to finally get that Tom Cruise "Collateral" suit downtown this week...if I can afford it.

"Tirofijo"-

I've already met about six BPA's at two events. Attire ranged from people looking like they had just crawled out of bed to people looking like they were going to a wedding.

To the other guy going to the oral on 7/12...my letter says bring your spouse also (I don't have one).

All in all, I feel like I"m lucking out so far, seeing as how my OB is on a Saturday, at a hotel less than 10 minutes from my pad. I felt bad for the people who had to drive hours just to take the test.

Comment

• Just got my letter...passed the written with a 93...hopefully ill get a call soon...
                ---------------------------------------------
                DEA Diversion Investigator

Interview&Written Test 2/22/10
                Medical
                BI

US Park Police
                Application Submitted
                NOR- 78

Border Patrol
                Written Test- 93%

Comment

• Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
                  Scheduled for my Oral July 11th.
                  Much faster than I anticipated.

BPA
                  tested/NOR-6/07/08
                  E-qip-6/16/08
                  mailed paperwork/fingerprints-6/20/08
                  PTA-6/26/08
                  Oral Board-7/11/08
                  Did you do compressed testing?
                  CBPO
                  Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
                  Med/Fit-completed 1/08
                  Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
                  Quals-completed 6/08
                  BI-completed 8/08
                  Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
                  Start-10/14/08
                  FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• I am currently with TSA. Would I have to resubmit an SF-86 for BPA?

Comment

• Originally posted by Don951 View Post
                      I am currently with TSA. Would I have to resubmit an SF-86 for BPA?
                      Yes

Comment

• Quick question for anyone who has experienced the same issue or is familiar with the process:
                        While working out, I've since developed soreness/swelling in my knee that is keeping me from temporarily running. I've been working out for 5-6 days a week for a while now with Cardio, Body-Weight training, and weight training to make sure the PT isn't an issue. In the process of staying ahead of the game, I've effectively #$%^ myself from going too hard at it.... I can get through the medical and fitness testing, no problem, but running has become a problem that I feel is curable, just involves some down time to recup.

My Question: If there is no permanent damage and I am able to recover within 3-6 months, will MHC terminate my application or allow me time to recover?

I'll crawl the distance everyday if I have to but I'd rather be at the front of the pack or close to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarheel1 View Post
                          Did you do compressed testing?
                          Yup. Drove six hours to Chicago just so I could take the compressed test.
                          USSCP
                          Faxed App 7/28/10
                          Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                          Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by Thulsa75 View Post
                            Quick question for anyone who has experienced the same issue or is familiar with the process:
                            While working out, I've since developed soreness/swelling in my knee that is keeping me from temporarily running. I've been working out for 5-6 days a week for a while now with Cardio, Body-Weight training, and weight training to make sure the PT isn't an issue. In the process of staying ahead of the game, I've effectively #$%^ myself from going too hard at it.... I can get through the medical and fitness testing, no problem, but running has become a problem that I feel is curable, just involves some down time to recup.

My Question: If there is no permanent damage and I am able to recover within 3-6 months, will MHC terminate my application or allow me time to recover?

I'll crawl the distance everyday if I have to but I'd rather be at the front of the pack or close to it.

Stop running and get it checked out.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me based on what sector you are stationed in, can you live in any one of the cities within that sector?

Comment

• Also, any suggestions for the OB, besides attire?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8069 users online. 430 members and 7639 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X