Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyfrog View Post
    jobme,
    When did you take the written? Did you change your pref to NB from an original SB? I started NM and changed to Spokane when NB opened. For what sector are you waiting? I'm only waiting for BI interview and investigation. Thanks and good luck.

If i can remember, i took the written last May or June. I chose NB- Grand Forks Sector preference from the beginning. My BI began in October and completed the beginning of January. Good luck on the BI, i'm sure you'll be fine. I did consider Spokane as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
      Good Job Pre-LEO, welcome to the Border Patrol Agent Trainee waiting for the process to get over with club. Good luck with the rest of your process.
      What happened to the rest of your agencies you are applying for, papa?
      Border Patrol Timeline
      Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
      Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
      Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
      Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
      Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
      Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
      Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
      Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
      Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP2b View Post
        What happened to the rest of your agencies you are applying for, papa?
        I just decided that I wanted to really focus on BPA, if I were to get on with another agency, I would likely still want BP, and wouldn't want to start and stop again. I didn't want to get a new job, just to have a new job until the one I really want comes up. I have a job right now, and don't want to change jobs, just to change jobs again if I were to get into BP. I ultimately want to be a DUSM, and I figured getting my foot in the federal door with BP, would be better experience, than with a local PD or SD. So we'll see what happens. I know that with the hiring announcement, it might be longer, but I am already in line.
        Originally Posted by Law100
        Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

I just decided that I wanted to really focus on BPA, if I were to get on with another agency, I would likely still want BP, and wouldn't want to start and stop again. I didn't want to get a new job, just to have a new job until the one I really want comes up. I have a job right now, and don't want to change jobs, just to change jobs again if I were to get into BP. I ultimately want to be a DUSM, and I figured getting my foot in the federal door with BP, would be better experience, than with a local PD or SD. So we'll see what happens. I know that with the hiring announcement, it might be longer, but I am already in line.
          Right on... This is the only carreer I have ever wanted. Life happens, and I can finally persue my dream.
          Border Patrol Timeline
          Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
          Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
          Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
          Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
          Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
          Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
          Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
          Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
          Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP2b View Post
            Right on... This is the only carreer I have ever wanted. Life happens, and I can finally persue my dream.
            Yeah, I have a buddy who really wants to be a CHP, but had some issues with his driving record. They told him to reapply, in the meantime he has applied for a corrections job with a local SD. So he is going to have to go through at least two academy's now, and will have to start one career then stop and start another (if he gets in CHP).

Good luck, the process has been moving surprisingly fast, though I know it will now slow sown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
              Here are some tidbits on your background investigations...
              Thanks for the info, solohammer. I was born/raised in EP and went to UTEP. Out in Dallas now but looking forward to hopefully coming back in a federal form.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helo View Post
                Thanks for the info, solohammer. I was born/raised in EP and went to UTEP. Out in Dallas now but looking forward to hopefully coming back in a federal form.
                Ever eat at Chicos?

Comment

• For those of you waiting to be contacted by your BI, how long have you been waiting? For those of you that have, how long did you have to wait?

Comment

• havnt been on the boards in a while...but for anyone who doesnt already know....they have closed the job vacancy anouncement on usajobs.gov.

anyone who was able to apply to the border patrol prior to the anouncement closing will still continue through the process. but mary from TSU(training and scheduling unit) let everyone know on the border patrol forums that she has tonsssssss of people in process at this point and over 1100 people in TSU waiting for a class...so anyone in process that hasnt gotten to TSU yet, its gonna be a long haul.

looking at FY 2010
                    Last edited by SoKalCopKid; 04-06-2009, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lugonatron View Post
                      For those of you waiting to be contacted by your BI, how long have you been waiting? For those of you that have, how long did you have to wait?
                      As soon as my case got accepted into the Security office, I waited a approx. 2 months. But it's not the same for everyone. It could be longer for you or it could be shorter. Good luck man.
                      Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• Originally posted by SoKalCopKid View Post
                        havnt been on the boards in a while...but for anyone who doesnt already know....they have closed the job vacancy anouncement on usajobs.gov.

anyone who was able to apply to the border patrol prior to the anouncement closing will still continue through the process. but mary from TSU(training and scheduling unit) let everyone know on the border patrol forums that she has tonsssssss of people in process at this point and over 1100 people in TSU waiting for a class...so anyone in process that hasnt gotten to TSU yet, its gonna be a long haul.

looking at FY 2010
                        Were is your source for this??
                        Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• Originally posted by nelly View Post
                          Were is your source for this??
                          http://forums.delphiforums.com/borde...es?msg=42265.1

Comment

• Someone had already posted that information a couple of pages back. Thanks for it though.

Comment

Good Job Pre-LEO, welcome to the Border Patrol Agent Trainee waiting for the process to get over with club. Good luck with the rest of your process.
                              Thanks for welcoming me to the club. Its a club I am glad to be in...
                              ____________ _____________
                              "Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything" - Alexander Hamilton

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 02:37 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10827 users online. 404 members and 10423 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X