Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Helo View Post
    90% of all statistics are made up.
    Where did you get that statistic? From your infomation, there's a 90% chance it is false.
    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• the UNKNOWN for the 3 false questions is incorrect by the way. I tried that, and gave them a call they said to give it another day or two and if its not posted by Monday they'll figure it out. I have a few buddies who took the test two days prior to me and they got in though and their 'golden' questions were correct the first time no 3 unknown stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
        Yeah check the booklet, in the E-QIP part it should tell you that the first time you go in there will be 3 questions
        WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
        and 2 More I forgot
        and that the answer for said questions should be UNKNOWN all in caps, then it will let you go in and make your own golden questions.

Good Luck
        Originally posted by tarmacevo View Post
        the UNKNOWN for the 3 false questions is incorrect by the way. I tried that, and gave them a call they said to give it another day or two and if its not posted by Monday they'll figure it out. I have a few buddies who took the test two days prior to me and they got in though and their 'golden' questions were correct the first time no 3 unknown stuff.
        UNBELIEVEABLE
        Are you lazy tarmacevo?
        Is a phone call to your buddies easier than, thumbing through some 26 pages of your "employment information for Border Patrol agent" booklet, which by the way, the agents at your testing site told you to read!

BPA2Be told you to check your booklet, and you want to come back and insult him for giving you incorrect information? That is just ridiculous.
        Last edited by CBP2b; 04-03-2009, 05:07 PM.
        Border Patrol Timeline
        Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
        Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
        Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
        Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
        Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
        Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
        Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
        Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
        Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by flyfrog View Post
          On a seperate note: guess who has another green check in CASS today? THIS GUY! I received the quals letter in the mail almost two months ago, CASS just showed it!
          I also, received my qualification completion notice, yesterday through CASS.

Only BI to go!! yay me!
          Border Patrol Timeline

Comment

• I got to pee today!!! I am now to the hurry up and wait some more stage!
            Last edited by pappabacon; 04-03-2009, 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling
            Originally Posted by Law100
            Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtjosh View Post
              Incorrect Info
              Agree.

No more BP entry level openings for a minute. In my opinion, only the most qualified applicants will get hired.

Another point: BP is NOT hurting for applicants. There are over 2,500 applicants in the process. BP has met their hiring goals.

GL to all.
              Last edited by phillystactical; 04-03-2009, 11:28 PM.
              There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

• Background Investigation answers

Here are some tidbits on your background investigations:

If you have a prior security clearance from the Military or other Agency, it will not speed up the process. This investigation is a Suitability clearance. Not a security clearance. However, all the information that you put on your SF-86 for your military clearance will transfer neatly to your SF-86 for your BGI. I realize that some of you had TS/SCI clearances; unfortunately, it still won't make things any easier. I was there when I was an applicant, I can sympathize.

The person/persons assigned to investigate your background make no judgments. They merely compile facts to present to an adjudicator. Nine times out of ten, the person investigating you is a contractor, not a sworn officer. Be careful, though, you never know who may show up.

Some BGIs take longer than others. If you lived many places/worked many places, it'll take longer. If you provided weak or no references, it'll take longer. Unfortunately, if you were in the Military (serving or dependant) and moved around a great deal, it'll take longer. However, just because you've lived in the same place your whole life, worked the same job your whole life, and provided ten references that have known your whole life, doesn't mean your BGI will be done in a flash.

Don't sweat what your bitter ex-whatever has to say about you. Your investigator will be able to read between the lines. Character assassins are actually pretty easy to spot.

If you use someone as a reference, let them know that you did. Not only is this common courtesy, it prevents the inevitable suspicion when an Investigator shows up at their door and begins grilling them about you. (The grilling comment is meant to be humorous.)

The Investigator will speak to people not on your form. They'll speak to your neighbors, they'll speak to people they find working at places that you've stated that you were employed, they'll speak to people at your current place of employment, they'll...... Well, you get the picture.

That's about all I can come up with at the moment. I hope it will help. Ya'll take care and stay safe out there.

Comment

• Great info Solohammer. Hope you are staying safe in El Paso. Have you noticed any increase in violence down there, or just more of the same? Just curious on what our BPAs are going though right now.
                  Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
                    I got to pee today!!! I am now to the hurry up and wait some more stage!
                    Congrats!!!
                    Border Patrol Timeline

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP2b View Post
                      UNBELIEVEABLE
                      Are you lazy tarmacevo?
                      Is a phone call to your buddies easier than, thumbing through some 26 pages of your "employment information for Border Patrol agent" booklet, which by the way, the agents at your testing site told you to read!

BPA2Be told you to check your booklet, and you want to come back and insult him for giving you incorrect information? That is just ridiculous.

First off, I in no way insulted or attempted to insult him. I was thankful for the advice he gave me, however it did not work. The three golden questions my booklet stats will appear are not the ones that appear, I was curious as to the reason the three I receive are different. I assure you I've gone though the e-qip booklet pages numerous times to figure out why. Upon calling the e-qip hotline they simply said my sf-86 has not been released to me yet. It was not a matter of me not reading or following directions, simply getting different questions than I was informed I would receive upon logging in. Thanks though.

Comment

• Update

I spoke with someone at TSU this week. They informed me that I am not being sent to Academy until they have 10 new-hires from our specific northern sector. I am one of five that they have waiting right now. They told me another 30-60 days and I should hear something. I highly doubt it will be 30-60 days but probably more along the lines of 3-6 months. Oh well, I'll just be waiting. What's another 6 months when I started this process almost a year ago?! If that's what it takes to choose quality future BPAs, then I'm satisfied with the wait.

Comment

• jobme,
                          When did you take the written? Did you change your pref to NB from an original SB? I started NM and changed to Spokane when NB opened. For what sector are you waiting? I'm only waiting for BI interview and investigation. Thanks and good luck.
                          trainee

Comment

• Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
                            Here are some tidbits on your background investigations:

If you have a prior security clearance from the Military or other Agency, it will not speed up the process. This investigation is a Suitability clearance. Not a security clearance. However, all the information that you put on your SF-86 for your military clearance will transfer neatly to your SF-86 for your BGI. I realize that some of you had TS/SCI clearances; unfortunately, it still won't make things any easier. I was there when I was an applicant, I can sympathize.

The person/persons assigned to investigate your background make no judgments. They merely compile facts to present to an adjudicator. Nine times out of ten, the person investigating you is a contractor, not a sworn officer. Be careful, though, you never know who may show up.

Some BGIs take longer than others. If you lived many places/worked many places, it'll take longer. If you provided weak or no references, it'll take longer. Unfortunately, if you were in the Military (serving or dependant) and moved around a great deal, it'll take longer. However, just because you've lived in the same place your whole life, worked the same job your whole life, and provided ten references that have known your whole life, doesn't mean your BGI will be done in a flash.

Don't sweat what your bitter ex-whatever has to say about you. Your investigator will be able to read between the lines. Character assassins are actually pretty easy to spot.

If you use someone as a reference, let them know that you did. Not only is this common courtesy, it prevents the inevitable suspicion when an Investigator shows up at their door and begins grilling them about you. (The grilling comment is meant to be humorous.)

The Investigator will speak to people not on your form. They'll speak to your neighbors, they'll speak to people they find working at places that you've stated that you were employed, they'll speak to people at your current place of employment, they'll...... Well, you get the picture.

That's about all I can come up with at the moment. I hope it will help. Ya'll take care and stay safe out there.
                            Thank you for taking the time to write all of this.
                            United States Border Patrol
                            08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• I passed the Oral Board today at the Chula Vista Station in San Diego Sector. Moving right along. I am extremely excited about passing. It was cool because I was the first interviewee called in today. For anyone with a upcoming interview, make sure you get a good nights rest, I didn't. If you have the chance to rent a room near your interview, do it.

Good luck...
                              ____________ _____________
                              "Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything" - Alexander Hamilton

Comment

• Originally posted by Pre-LEO View Post
                                I passed the Oral Board today at the Chula Vista Station in San Diego Sector. Moving right along. I am extremely excited about passing. It was cool because I was the first interviewee called in today. For anyone with a upcoming interview, make sure you get a good nights rest, I didn't. If you have the chance to rent a room near your interview, do it.

Good luck...
                                Good Job Pre-LEO, welcome to the Border Patrol Agent Trainee waiting for the process to get over with club. Good luck with the rest of your process.
                                Originally Posted by Law100
                                Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2937 users online. 122 members and 2815 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X