300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dirker1045 View Post
    I have three years of work experience...but they said I listed it as too vague...Under the new announcement that I applied under, i will have my bachelor's degree within nine months but I haven't received a re-selection letter yet and didn't know how long it would take for them to re-select me. I reapplied on March 23rd online and received an email that said my new notice of results would be in another email.
    Ah i c...yea man, don't know what to tell you but to wait for the new notice. Just keep in contact with them I guess. There usally pretty good at getting back with you through email.
    Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

I have three years of work experience...but they said I listed it as too vague...Under the new announcement that I applied under, i will have my bachelor's degree within nine months but I haven't received a re-selection letter yet and didn't know how long it would take for them to re-select me. I reapplied on March 23rd online and received an email that said my new notice of results would be in another email.
      I reactivated back in Feb. and the NOR got here in about 2 weeks
      BPA:
      Written Test: Passed (97%)
      Reactivated Feb 09
      Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
      Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
      Medical Exam: Completed
      Drug Test: Completed
      Fitness: Completed
      Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
      Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
      Written Test: Passed (80% )
      Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
      Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Thanks BPA2Be....Can I ask the reason you had to reactivate?

Comment

• Background Investigation

Hey I got a question hopefully someone can help me with. I am wondering if having a secret clearance from being in the military will speed up the background investigation time for getting a job with the BP. I know I will do fine on the test and have the qualifications needed to get a job. The problem is I'm in Iraq right up until I get out and it pretty hard to start the hiring process here. I just dont want to be sitting around waiting for 7 months of a background investigation after I get out before I can get the job.
          Thanks in advance for any help!

Comment

• I dont think so.I have a secret clearence and it didnt help me at all. I think that the clearence in the military is to access certain kind information depending on your clearence! The Investigation might still take a long time cuz they got to review and check every place you have been to,work at , lived at and all that kinds of stuff

BUT!!!! i might be wrong like Nelly said everyone is different.
            In my opinion Being military dont help one bit as far as the backround check.

Comment

• Bi

Yea I guess it was just hopeful thinking. I thought I read somewhere it was the same like SF-86 Background investigation the military does. I guess it could go either way with my luck it will take forever since due to the military I have lived in like 8 places in that past 4 years. Anybody else with experience in this area with info would be a great help.

Comment

• when I met with my B.I. she told me that they dont check were you been unless you spend more than a year in that place.Ohh and GWOT places dont count.Is not like they going to send a B.I. to Iraq to go see what you did.All of your military stuff they get it from the service record.So you dont have to worry about telling them where were you in 99 or 06 you know.she just went to mine got what she needed and took off.Military is the easiest in my opinion no problems at all everything is on the service record plus plenty of references just in case

Comment

Thanks BPA2Be....Can I ask the reason you had to reactivate?
                  I failed my Oral Interview back in August
                  BPA:
                  Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• BPA2Be-Did you get your NOR via e-mail or in the mail? Did you get your reselection with it as well?

Comment

BPA2Be-Did you get your NOR via e-mail or in the mail? Did you get your reselection with it as well?
                      Via Mail, I got the NOR in 2 weeks and then in another week or two I received the pre-employment forms, had to fill out all the paperwork again including E-QIP, the only thing that carried over was the Drug test and the fitness test.
                      BPA:
                      Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• How many points is veteran's preference? Am I correct in assuming that he vet points are added to the score received on the exam?

Comment

• I've applied for different fed LE jobs, and finally got up the gall to apply for Border Patrol Agent and alas there are no job announcements. Dangit. It must have just closed?? If so, when? I was assuming they were hiring a butt-load, guess they already have enough applications.

Comment

• Hiring Change Update

I saw this update on the hiring change yesterday on the HonorFirst Forum. Wanted to post it here since not everyone reads the forum.

[Original Post] [Updated Post]

From Mary's Desk:

I just want to try to clarify some things in hopes of stopping the panic
                            calls we are getting here.

-------------------------------------------------

Currently in process means: You have received a "Tentative Selection
                            Letter" and you have returned all the forms, have completed a medical or
                            are scheduled for a medical, same with fitness test and so on.

THIS MEANS YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN PROCESS.

-------------------------------------------------

If you have reached the Training Scheduling Unit YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN
                            PROCESS and will eventually get a job offer
                            . Patience! Please!

Changing you GEO preference at this time will not speed up your call.

As I explained before, when call we make an offer based on the needs of
                            the Service.
                            If you accept, good, we have no problem. If you decline, read on.

We do our best to advise someone of their options and we go one step further by saying "Yes, you have AZ or CA or whatever as your
                            area of preference. We are not offering you anything in this area of
                            preference we will hold your file for 90 days
                            , IF, in that 90 days, we get
                            something in your area of preference, and we reach your name again we
                            will call with an offer. IF, at the end of 90 days, we don't get your
                            area of preference, we will call with one more offer." (Read: FINAL OFFER).

(OK Kids, pay attention here. This is important All the Service is obligated to do is offer you a job. WE DO THAT IN THE FIRST PHONE CALL, then we go one step further and tell you we are willing to hold
                            you for 90 days as well.

We have NOT stopped putting people into process. We will continue to
                            pull names off of the register. We have enough people on the register
                            that we don't feel that at this time we need people applying which is
                            the reason it was closed temporarily. Once the numbers go down to a
                            level that the service feels is too low, the announcement will reopen.
                            In the meantime we will continue to pull names and put people into
                            process that have taken the test and received their notice of results.
                            The number of names pulled and when is all determined by the people we
                            loose through the process whether it is failing background, failed
                            medical, declined position and so on.

We will go back to placing people in locations other than the West Texas
                            and New Mexico area but it won't happen for a while. We have over
                            filled CA and AZ so as people leave to take others jobs, retire or
                            resigned eventually we need to back fill those positions. It is just a
                            matter of time. Whether that will be in the next 90 ( or even longer - WAYYYY longer) days or not can't I say. It is a risk the applicant takes when they ask to be held for 90 days.

Northern Border - I haven't started to fill this area. People that
                            applied under the most recent announcement, if you selected Northern
                            Border as your PREFERENCE
                            you can ONLY BE offered Northern Border. When
                            I start calling for Northern Border let me repeat again the location
                            noted is only a PREFERENCE (on the NB). If I am directed to fill a location on the
                            Northern Border and I only have a few people to call, everyone will get
                            the call with an offer based on the needs of the Service. Don't know if
                            the 90 day holding option will be available, it will be based on what I
                            am directed to do. (Go back and read that again. Very important.)

I have people calling and asking "How does this affect the DROP OF THE
                            HAT CLUB?" It doesn't affect that in anyway. DHC is for people that
                            would be willing to take an offer with less than two weeks notice and
                            more than one week till reporting. We use you fine people to fill slots
                            that people vacant at the last minute. We always appreciate you because
                            it helps to keep the hiring numbers on track and the classes at the
                            academy filled.

I am hoping this will clarify and not confuse things more. The calls
                            coming in are too many to count. If you just received a letter stating
                            you have been referred to the Training Scheduling Unit, you don't need
                            to call us and tell us. We already know. It will be 30 - 60 days
                            before you get a call with an official job offer.

[Original Post] [Updated Post]
                            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by Helo View Post
                              I've applied for different fed LE jobs, and finally got up the gall to apply for Border Patrol Agent and alas there are no job announcements. Dangit. It must have just closed?? If so, when? I was assuming they were hiring a butt-load, guess they already have enough applications.
                              the announcement closed on the 30th of march I think. basically they believe they have enough applicants to fill out the academy continuously until next year, but they are not counting on people dropping from the process, failing their medical, their fitness etc.

When they process the applications they have now and come up with how many dropped on the way, I guess they will open the announcement briefly to get the # they need.

You're going to need to check everyday USAJOBS.com until you see the announcement open again
                              BPA:
                              Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• TPA3312, Thanks for that info.
                                Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3209 users online. 153 members and 3056 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X