300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for the agents:

What about tattoos on your arms? Do other agents look down on those, or even at the academy? Will you be looked down on like you had earrings or is that a different matter?
    5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• Well I suppose thanks for the brutal truth SHU, while I don't agree that piercings are unprofessional rather your conduct should be the criteria in which you are judge on, unfortunately there is still perceptions to the matter so I guess as you say its time to 'grow up' (rolls eyes) and take them out. At the end of the day a career is worth more to me than piercings, just wish people wouldn't be so ignorant about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by tarmacevo View Post
        Well I suppose thanks for the brutal truth SHU, while I don't agree that piercings are unprofessional rather your conduct should be the criteria in which you are judge on, unfortunately there is still perceptions to the matter so I guess as you say its time to 'grow up' (rolls eyes) and take them out. At the end of the day a career is worth more to me than piercings, just wish people wouldn't be so ignorant about it.
        It's not an ignorance issue and more of a professionalism issue. You need to understand as a BPA you will be the face of the US gov for my immigrants trying to enter the US. Have you ever seen a politian with gauges in the ears? No, they are always in suits. Same with local LE, they are always clean cut with clean pressed uniforms. If you don't understand that and can't grow-up, you need to seriously rethink your career choice.
        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
          It's not an ignorance issue and more of a professionalism issue. You need to understand as a BPA you will be the face of the US gov for my immigrants trying to enter the US. Have you ever seen a politian with gauges in the ears? No, they are always in suits. Same with local LE, they are always clean cut with clean pressed uniforms. If you don't understand that and can't grow-up, you need to seriously rethink your career choice.
          Well said, once again....
          Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• I'm not trying to start a debate, I'm just gonna leave it at people should be judged based on conduct not personal choice. Earrings have no effect on how well someone is at doing their job. Again at the end of the day not worth it, and not trying to start a debate, the rings are gone.

Comment

• I'm not trying to debate the issue either. The uniform policy is very clearly spelled out. BP is a type of agencey where you are required to follow orders.

[SOURCE]
              Grooming Standards
              -Agents may wear no more than a total of three (3) rings. Wedding rings (wedding band, engagement ring and/or wedding! engageIl1ent ring combination) are authorized for wear.

-Any necklace, medallion, or chain that is worn shall not be visible while wearing the Border Patrol uniform. Choker-type necklaces are not authorized.

-Females are authorized to wear no more than one (1) button or post-type earring in each ear.

-Border Patrol agents are prohibited from attaching, affixing, or displaying objects, articles, jewelry, or ornamentation to or through the ear, nose, tongue, eye brows, lips, or any exposed or visible part of the body while in uniform (except as noted above).

-Agents are prohibited from wearing bracelets (other than medical alert bracelets) while in uniform. Conservative or military-style watches are authorized for wear. Watchbands will be limited to silver, gold, black, brown, dark blue, and dark green in color.

Personal Appearance
              -Chief Patrol Agents shall require that all tattoos and/or brandings be covered (to the extent possible) while on duty. Agents who have a tattoo in a location on the body where a uniform item is not available will be required to submit a memorandum through the chain of command explaining the situation and requesting a waiver and/or remedy.

-Intentional body alterations (tongue-forking, tooth-filing, disfiguring implants, etc.) are prohibited.

-Grooming standards pertaining to employees who are authorized to wear civilian or plain clothes attire shall be set by the appropriate Chief Patrol Agent.

-The use of gold, platinum, or other veneers or caps for the purpose of dental ornamentation is prohibited. Teeth, whether natural, capped, or veneered, will not be ornamented with designs, jewels, initials, etc.
              [SOURCE]
              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Hey guys, I have a pretty simple question. I just want to make sure. I'm scheduled for the exam on 4/28/09. I just had an eye exam to complete some forms for another PD and it turns out that im 20/200 uncorrected. I've been wearing contacts for last 10 years. Does my uncorrected eye sight automactically disqualifies me? Let me know....

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMA View Post
                  Hey guys, I have a pretty simple question. I just want to make sure. I'm scheduled for the exam on 4/28/09. I just had an eye exam to complete some forms for another PD and it turns out that im 20/200 uncorrected. I've been wearing contacts for last 10 years. Does my uncorrected eye sight automactically disqualifies me? Let me know....
                  Wow, Id suggest you try and look it up on www.honorfirst.com, but I'm pretty sure the lowest they allow uncorrected is 20/100, but try looking it up.
                  BPA:
                  Written Test: Passed (97%)
                  Reactivated Feb 09
                  Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                  Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                  Medical Exam: Completed
                  Drug Test: Completed
                  Fitness: Completed
                  Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                  Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                  Written Test: Passed (80% )
                  Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                  Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• I just checked my CASS and in the medical exam line it says: You have been sent a letter requesting additional medical information.

I took this medical a long time ago, before I failed my OB, they had sent me a letter telling me they had found an arrythmya , but it did not state that I should have further check up, I was scared for my vision because the doctor told me at the clinic that my profundity test could be a problem.

Now my question is this, Wouldn't they had let me know if I needed further eye check-up at the same time they sent me the arrythmya paper?
                    BPA:
                    Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• I had my medical this morning, other than the pushups/situps/step test, I have no idea how I did. Will I know nothing until my CASS is updated?
                      Originally Posted by Law100
                      Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
                        I had my medical this morning, other than the pushups/situps/step test, I have no idea how I did. Will I know nothing until my CASS is updated?
                        The only test you know you passed will be your fitness test. Other then that you are going to have to wait for a letter stating if they need you to do anymore futher medical testing or it will just congradulate you for passing everything.
                        Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• Originally posted by nelly View Post
                          The only test you know you passed will be your fitness test. Other then that you are going to have to wait for a letter stating if they need you to do anymore futher medical testing or it will just congradulate you for passing everything.
                          Thank you.

Comment

• I was told at my Med/Fitness that I 'passed'. Then a few weeks later the 'need more info' letter showed up. The occupational health center knows nothing of what MHC medical will decide. I 'failed' my eye exam and required additional info on some old knee issues. A few weeks after getting my own eye and knee exams, green check in CASS.
                            trainee

Comment

• Ah, I see. I will be watching the mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyfrog View Post
                                I was told at my Med/Fitness that I 'passed'. Then a few weeks later the 'need more info' letter showed up. The occupational health center knows nothing of what MHC medical will decide. I 'failed' my eye exam and required additional info on some old knee issues. A few weeks after getting my own eye and knee exams, green check in CASS.
                                The Dr. at the clinic said it could be a problem so I've been expecting it a long time, however, since I received a letter from MHC about my medical, I thought that I was in the clear about it cause it did not include anything about the eyes. but now it says that on CASS. Im very nervous, hopefully it's nothing serious
                                BPA:
                                Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3518 users online. 165 members and 3353 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X