Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yeah we're in for the long wait now, my brother just sent me the e-mail about the closing of the last announcement today. it says it is considered temporary but anything can happen
    BPA:
    Written Test: Passed (97%)
    Reactivated Feb 09
    Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
    Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
    Medical Exam: Completed
    Drug Test: Completed
    Fitness: Completed
    Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
    Background Investigation: Completed


    IEA ICE
    Written Test: Passed (80% )
    Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
    Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

    Comment


    • I have a quick question about the tattoo/piercing policy of the border patrol. I know my tattoos will be fine as there are only two and easily covered, however I also have both ears pierced.

      I had them both gauged to a 0 gauge hole, but have since let them heal down upon registering for my BPA entry exam, which by the way I scored a 98 on, my question is though will they allow gauged ears at all? I imagine while on the job and in training ear rings will not be allowed, but with a 0 gauge the hole is still slightly noticeable, nothing crazy but noticeable.

      Thanks in advance for any information you guys can offer, while I would like to go back to the larger diameter earrings I will not do so if it will cause conflict in a life changing career.

      Comment


      • At least I applied for West Tx/NM Hopefully I can get through before the very very long waits
        BPA:
        Written Test: Passed (97%)
        Reactivated Feb 09
        Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
        Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
        Medical Exam: Completed
        Drug Test: Completed
        Fitness: Completed
        Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
        Background Investigation: Completed


        IEA ICE
        Written Test: Passed (80% )
        Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
        Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tarmacevo View Post
          I have a quick question about the tattoo/piercing policy of the border patrol. I know my tattoos will be fine as there are only two and easily covered, however I also have both ears pierced.

          I had them both gauged to a 0 gauge hole, but have since let them heal down upon registering for my BPA entry exam, which by the way I scored a 98 on, my question is though will they allow gauged ears at all? I imagine while on the job and in training ear rings will not be allowed, but with a 0 gauge the hole is still slightly noticeable, nothing crazy but noticeable.

          Thanks in advance for any information you guys can offer, while I would like to go back to the larger diameter earrings I will not do so if it will cause conflict in a life changing career.

          I wouldn't do it. Get rid of the gauges. I had zeros for a while and when I started applying to PD's and now BP I just took them out. I think tattoos are more accepted, but earrings no way. I still have holes but you cant see through them anymore.
          5 weeks in TSU.

          Comment


          • Thanks mario, that was what I expected. I now they have new silicone flesh colored plugs that make it difficult to tell, but at the same time its just not worth the hassle and or risk just to keep the ears gauged. Maybe after (assuming all goes well) I get in and get stationed I'll ask about it if I still feel the desire to wear them anymore.

            Comment


            • Wow, San Diego for OJT! We hope to be so lucky, before getting to NB. Still awaiting call from BI.
              trainee

              Comment


              • ...................
                Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:41 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SHU View Post
                  None of that whatsoever will fly at the academy and at the station your days will be numbered. You are applying to become a Federal Agent. And being one requires a professional image, not that of whiskey tango. Its pretty simple, you will look like a joke and get less respect than a assclown. If you want the job, give them up and hope the hell nobody notices the holes in your head. You will be treated like a leper. If you want the job, its grown up time.
                  Well said........ ]
                  Corrections: "We face what society fears."

                  Comment


                  • On the piercings: while in the Navy we had a guy with his nips pierced and thought it was funny to run around the base shirtless with his jewelry in. That is until someone tethered a brick & 10' of 550 cord to his jewelry and told him to throw it VERY hard the first time...
                    trainee

                    Comment


                    • I have an issue and was wondering if I could get a serious professional answer to this...
                      As I was doing the e-quip forms I guess I could say I f***ed up on 4 questions. As my BI interviewed me he noticed I answered 4 different answers to him then my e-quip form. It wasn't anything major, I don't think so and my BI as well stated that he's sure that I wasn't trying to lie I just messed up and shouldn't worry about it. He just wanted my 4 reasons to why I gave two different answers. He would note it down and make sure to forward it to D.C. Here's the list of questions I messed up on. If I could please get peoples opinions on how D.C. will handle this or if I should worry about it, it would be appreciated.

                      1) I put in my equip I haven't used any drugs in the past 7 years. I told my BI I have. Reason- Because I miscalculated the years

                      2) I put in my equip I worked in a job for only 2 months. Told BI 6 months. Reason- I was thinking the beginning date of my third job (I know dumb)

                      3)I put in my e-quip my sister is a u.s. citizen. Told BI she's only a resident. Reason- She got married to a U.S. citizen and thought that would make her a u.s. citizen (guessed wrong!)

                      4) I put in my e-quip my mother is a u.s. resident. It asked how could I show proof? For some reason I checked pass-port. Told BI by resident card. Reason- I misread wrong box.

                      Any feed back would be great. Thanks for reading.
                      Corrections: "We face what society fears."

                      Comment


                      • Someone mentioned that because his wife was an illegal citizen for a while even before they were married, that he got DQ'd

                        I dont know if Mother and sister will be the same...Good Luck though
                        BPA:
                        Written Test: Passed (97%)
                        Reactivated Feb 09
                        Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                        Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                        Medical Exam: Completed
                        Drug Test: Completed
                        Fitness: Completed
                        Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                        Background Investigation: Completed


                        IEA ICE
                        Written Test: Passed (80% )
                        Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                        Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
                          Someone mentioned that because his wife was an illegal citizen for a while even before they were married, that he got DQ'd

                          I dont know if Mother and sister will be the same...Good Luck though
                          Most probably it'll be the same. It only makes sense. Then again, I'm just another applicant. Just my .02.
                          United States Border Patrol
                          08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by nelly View Post
                            I have an issue and was wondering if I could get a serious professional answer to this...
                            As I was doing the e-quip forms I guess I could say I f***ed up on 4 questions. As my BI interviewed me he noticed I answered 4 different answers to him then my e-quip form. It wasn't anything major, I don't think so and my BI as well stated that he's sure that I wasn't trying to lie I just messed up and shouldn't worry about it. He just wanted my 4 reasons to why I gave two different answers. He would note it down and make sure to forward it to D.C. Here's the list of questions I messed up on. If I could please get peoples opinions on how D.C. will handle this or if I should worry about it, it would be appreciated.

                            1) I put in my equip I haven't used any drugs in the past 7 years. I told my BI I have. Reason- Because I miscalculated the years

                            2) I put in my equip I worked in a job for only 2 months. Told BI 6 months. Reason- I was thinking the beginning date of my third job (I know dumb)

                            3)I put in my e-quip my sister is a u.s. citizen. Told BI she's only a resident. Reason- She got married to a U.S. citizen and thought that would make her a u.s. citizen (guessed wrong!)

                            4) I put in my e-quip my mother is a u.s. resident. It asked how could I show proof? For some reason I checked pass-port. Told BI by resident card. Reason- I misread wrong box.

                            Any feed back would be great. Thanks for reading.
                            If you explained it that way to your investigator, then it should be no harm, no foul. That's merely my opinion, though. It'll be up to your adjudicator.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
                              Someone mentioned that because his wife was an illegal citizen for a while even before they were married, that he got DQ'd

                              I dont know if Mother and sister will be the same...Good Luck though
                              My monther nor my sister were ever illegals in the U.S. I just provided them with wrong information of proof. Thanks for all your replies guys
                              Corrections: "We face what society fears."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by nelly View Post
                                My monther nor my sister were ever illegals in the U.S. I just provided them with wrong information of proof. Thanks for all your replies guys
                                As others have said, it's hard to say what will happen. Just supply all documents needed and see what happens. I would also start a backup plan just in case you are DQed.
                                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4425 users online. 266 members and 4159 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X