300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    A CBPO in Calexico or Otay Mesa will see far more excitement day-to-day than a PA in Noyes, MN or Scobey, MT.

Yeah but you're only there if you wanted to be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by zxcvbnm View Post
      Yeah but you're only there if you wanted to be there.

True.

That said, most CBPO's who spend years sitting in a booth are also only there because they want to be.

Comment

• I'm shotgunning it. BPA seems like the most interesting job, but I also have apps for CBPO, Air Marshal and IEA. I need to get out of the dead end job I'm in now, and it seems like I wasted all my military time, so I'm trying to capitalize on it now.
        For CBPO I put in for VT and for BPA I put in for San Diego which means I'll probably end up in Del Rio.
        USSCP
        Faxed App 7/28/10
        Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
        Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Anybody know the deal about changing geographical preferences? I know you use to be able to do this but recently since I heard CA does not have any more slots, I've tried to change my pref to AZ, by emailing the MHC. I've sent about 8 emails over the past four weeks with no reply. Anybody know the deal with this?

Comment

• Disregard last post. I got the phone # off honorfirst.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
              Anybody know the deal about changing geographical preferences? I know you use to be able to do this but recently since I heard CA does not have any more slots?
              Rumors Rumors....

My brother got the call last week and EODs on July 10, 2008 in San Diego Sector.

No one has mentioned anything about NOT getting any more applicants in the San Diego Sector. Just be patient, keep running, and studying Spanish and you will be in Artesia before you know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                Along with location there's also the posibility of more money. COPRA OT( if you can get it) will pay far better than AUO.

Don't be fooled by the hype either. Yes, PA's will likely see more action, but there's action and inaction in either job.

CBPO's do far more than sitting in a booth at most locations outside of airports and some BPA's are stuck working checkpoints and sitting on X's. A CBPO in Calexico or Otay Mesa will see far more excitement day-to-day than a PA in Noyes, MN or Scobey, MT.
                Is it true that cbpo's get promoted faster than bpa's?.... I read somewhere here that cbpo's can get from a gs-5 to a 7 or gs-7 to 9 right after the academy and after 6 mo. on the job as well.....

BPA
                test: 04/08
                Results: Passed - 04/08
                COE Received - 05/08
                Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                Panel: 07/08: Passed
                BI: ?..
                CBPO
                test: 03/08
                Results: Passed - 04/08
                COE Received: 06/08
                Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                VBT: Passed 07/08
                BI: ???
                FBI
                Phase I: 05/08
                Results: Passed 05/08
                Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                Panel: 10/08: ???
                PFT: 11/08: ???
                USSS
                TEA test: 08/07
                Panel: 02/08

Comment

• Originally posted by slinger2424 View Post
                  Rumors Rumors....

My brother got the call last week and EODs on July 10, 2008 in San Diego Sector.

No one has mentioned anything about NOT getting any more applicants in the San Diego Sector. Just be patient, keep running, and studying Spanish and you will be in Artesia before you know it.
                  Ray and JB said so on honorfirst so take it for what its worth. They said this info was from the MHC. I would much prefer SD sector, like your brother, but I've got to go with the odds. West Texas and NM are not places I want to be. But its all really a crap shoot when you get down to it. If I get offered a spot I'll be a retread so I doubt they will offer me a choice in the matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
                    Is it true that cbpo's get promoted faster than bpa's?.... I read somewhere here that cbpo's can get from a gs-5 to a 7 or gs-7 to 9 right after the academy and after 6 mo. on the job as well.....
                    BPA get promoted after 6 months on the job. I do not know about CBPO. They are different jobs with a very different mindset on enforcement.
                    Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2008, 09:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
                      No. CBPOs promote in 1 year increments roughly on their EOD anniversary.

The BP used to promote somewhat like that, back in the days of the 6 month and 10 month exams. I'm not sure how they do it today, especially as they're now hiring some NUGs at the GL-09 level.

Comment

• Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
                        Scheduled for my Oral July 11th.
                        Much faster than I anticipated.

BPA
                        tested/NOR-6/07/08
                        E-qip-6/16/08
                        mailed paperwork/fingerprints-6/20/08
                        PTA-6/26/08
                        Oral Board-7/11/08

Good luck on that GVT.

Anyone going to the 7/12 oral board in Columbus, Ohio? I was suprised to get a notice in the mail for that today, seeing as how I have two medical holds pending that I am trying to clear. This is also perplexing seeing as how I was only given the option for the oral in Cleveland in the application, now it is in Columbus? Happy about that, but confused. When I passed the written test and fitness test, I was all pumped, working out six days a week and brushing up on the espanol, but when I found out I had to go retake the EKG on my dime (drank an NOS energy drink before the phys...duhhh), I adopted the "if it happens it happens" attitude and put it on the back burner, now I am getting pumped about it again. Oh well, if anyone is going, I'll be the dude in the pink polo, olive khakis, and Italian shoes with a bald head.

BTW,

I am seriously gunning for SD sector as well. SoCal is by far my favorite part of the US.

BPA

Passed Written Test: 5/3/2008
                        Passed Fitness Test: shortly after that
                        Medical Clearance: pending two holds
                        MHC rcpt pre-employment forms: 5/22/08
                        Oral interview: 7/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Shiherlis View Post
                          I'll be the dude in the pink polo, olive khakis, and Italian shoes with a bald head.
                          You may want to rethink your "business" attire...

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                            You may want to rethink your "business" attire...
                            I'll check it again, but I did not see "business attire" specified on the letter, and if you examine this thread, I think you'll find someone authoritatively announcing that slacks and a polo shirt is about fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Shiherlis View Post
                              I'll check it again, but I did not see "business attire" specified on the letter, and if you examine this thread, I think you'll find someone authoritatively announcing that slacks and a polo shirt is about fine.
                              Just friendly advice from someone who has been there and done that... in the end it is your choice, but the "normal" attire is a suit and tie or similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                                Just friendly advice from someone who has been there and done that... in the end it is your choice, but the "normal" attire is a suit and tie or similar.
                                He is correct. Anything less than a suit and tie is just asking to get hammered. The oral can be a very unpleasant experience. I would not do anything to **** them off.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8054 users online. 427 members and 7627 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X