Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border Patrol Agent

Hello everyone

Does anyone have experience as a BPA? Day in the life, training, rumors, competency of the management, Pros, Cons etc...

Thanks
    Last edited by Tachibana; 03-21-2008, 08:42 PM.
    Standing by to stand by

I agree with Charly, check out honorfirst.com, you will find alot of useful info on the forums there.

On an unrelated note, Charly, do you mind if I PM you with some questions on your agency?

Thanks
    Last edited by SnakeDoctor; 03-22-2008, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Thank you Charlydevo for sharing your experience and the link, both contain a lot of useful information.
      Standing by to stand by

Comment

Shoot some questions if you got em

Comment

Just took the BPA exam this morning. Pretty fun, kind like doing a crossword puzzle.
          Standing by to stand by

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Last edited by brandonthelaw; 02-15-2009, 10:25 PM.

Comment

If you like to get sweaty and dirty, run around in the dark, and get paid to off-road... you will truly enjoy being a BPA.

Comment

Originally posted by Tachibana View Post
                Just took the BPA exam this morning. Pretty fun, kind like doing a crossword puzzle.

I take the test on Friday March 28. Not looking forward to a 4 hour test of fill in the circles.

How was the test ?
                " Never judge others unless you truly know them"

Comment

Not all that bad. The first section of the artificial language test, the section where you have to select the correct word(s), is very time consuming. The subsequent sections arent that bad.

good luck
                  Standing by to stand by

Comment

Originally posted by Tachibana View Post
                    Not all that bad. The first section of the artificial language test, the section where you have to select the correct word(s), is very time consuming. The subsequent sections arent that bad.

good luck
                    Thank you.
                    " Never judge others unless you truly know them"

Comment

I found the test to be quite easy but it is much harder than most entry level police tests. Go over the study guide that will be mailed to you. If you struggle with that then make sure you take your time and study hard. Otherwise just familiarize yourself with the format of the questions and go back and check your answers after each section of the test. Good luck on the test and the rest of the process. It can go very fast with BP. I was hired in 3 months.

Comment

I was watching a cnn news clip about people putting up thin metal wires for the purpose of decapitating BPAs on ATVs.

Some crazy stuff
                        Standing by to stand by

Comment

Got the call!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                          Last edited by brandonthelaw; 02-15-2009, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brandonthelaw View Post
                            I have to share the news. I just accepted employment with the Border Patrol and will be heading to the academy next month.
                            Congrats! Keep us posted on your experiences in the academy. I hear that the BPA academy is no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by brandonthelaw View Post
                              I have to share the news. I just accepted employment with the Border Patrol and will be heading to the academy next month.
                              Congrats. Stay safe.
                              George: What kind of a person are you?
                              Jerry: I think I'm pretty much like you, only successful.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7576 users online. 396 members and 7180 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X