Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obviously no one should generalize, since nothing is 100%, but wildlife97's comment is (or should have been, since I don't know his intent) about backup, not ability. When I worked in the city, backup was never more that a few minutes away. Out here in the sticks, it can be hours away, if I have any at all. So a call that would attract multiple officers in the city may just get me out here. I'm not better than a city officer, just have to play the cards you're dealt. As far as working hostile crowds who would just love to assault you or throw full bottles of beer at you, come work Glamis on a holiday weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fox402 View Post
      Obviously no one should generalize, since nothing is 100%, but wildlife97's comment is (or should have been, since I don't know his intent) about backup, not ability. When I worked in the city, backup was never more that a few minutes away. Out here in the sticks, it can be hours away, if I have any at all. So a call that would attract multiple officers in the city may just get me out here. I'm not better than a city officer, just have to play the cards you're dealt. As far as working hostile crowds who would just love to assault you or throw full bottles of beer at you, come work Glamis on a holiday weekend.
      Thats exactly what I was talking about, backup. I wasn't trying to say that a city cop is not as talented as a natural resource officer. I am willing to say that 99% of the times natural resource officers handle calls alone basically because their duty stations are so far apart from eachother, compared to a city cop who's beat can be just a couple blocks. For example in Washington state there is a county that is the size of Conneticut, however there are only 4 state natural resource officers that work in the county. Backup is basically not an option there. And that is a common issue all across the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by five04zog View Post
        I was in LMPT with a guy that was a “Game Warden” with the DOD. His job was not 6c. It was in every other way a LEO job. Along with his DOD authority, he got full USFWS authority allowing him to enforce all fish/wildlife laws and I think even a state commission (every state is different). I think he was planning to make the jump to an other land management job down the road. It seemed like a good gig.
        You should give you DoD homie a call and let him your job in AZ is opening. He would like some insight, I'm sure. He's called me twice looking for a hook up.

Comment

• Originally posted by five04zog View Post
          I was in LMPT with a guy that was a “Game Warden” with the DOD. His job was not 6c. It was in every other way a LEO job. Along with his DOD authority, he got full USFWS authority allowing him to enforce all fish/wildlife laws and I think even a state commission (every state is different). I think he was planning to make the jump to an other land management job down the road. It seemed like a good gig.
          You should give you DoD homie a call and let him your job in AZ is opening. He would like some insight, I'm sure. He's called me twice looking for a hook up.

Comment

• Good call bro. I'll shoot him an e-mail today...
            In God we trust, everyone else we search!

Comment

• I am looking for advice on becoming a BLM Ranger. I am currently an Army Military Intelligence Officer, I have a B.A. in History/Political Science and will have an M.A. in Intelligence Studies soon. By the time I'm off active duty I will have 7 years service. It'll be awhile before I get out, but I thought might as well start looking. Anyone have any advice as to how this type of resume would compete and/or any suggestions on becoming more competitive? Thanks!

Comment

• I was looking on usajobs yesterday and I saw this:

http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.as...7+09%3a25%3a00

Job Title: Federal Career Intern Opportunities
                Department: Department Of The Interior
                Agency: Bureau of Land Management
                Sub Agency: BLM - Seasonal / Temp
                Job Announcement Number: SHA-2010-0012
                What caught my eye is that 1801 Law Enforcement Rangers is listed under this announcement. I applied for gs-5,7 and for Colorado and Nevada, though there were a bunch of other states available too.
                What is Perseverance?
                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8259 users online. 325 members and 7934 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X