300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIA Security Protection Officer

Does anyone know if the CIA Security Protection Officer is a good gig? Are they armed, how much the starting salary is and if they attend FLETC?
    "In all the world, man is the only creature that has taught itself to argue."

I had the privlage of recieving some training from to Lt.s' SPOs' starting salary around 45k and they were semi-happy. Security related work not much exciment but job security. They are armed with arrest authority. But keep in mind its Physical Security Oriented. Hope this helps.

Comment

https://www.cia.gov/careers/jobs/vie...e-officer.html

A couple of US Park Police Officers I know did some training a while back at Langley with CIA SPOs.... Said they had a bunch of cool crap to work with but were bored out of their minds.....

Said they (USPP) was envious of the SPOs equipment.....and the SPOs were envious of USPP work......

Yes, they go to FLETC for the Mixed Basic (or whatever it's called now) and then do add on stuff at Langley.....

From what others have said on other boards, you have to apply on line (above posted linke)......then wait (Same with NSA Police). If they are interested in you, they will contact you.....

And no, there are not any SPOs on here that I know of.....and if there were....Not sure they could tell you....

Comment

Thanks bro, I've always came across the ad for that. I heard the background was pretty intense polygraph and security clearance. Are they also authorized to carry off duty and do you know if they have to turn in their equipment at the end of their tour of duty?
        "In all the world, man is the only creature that has taught itself to argue."

Comment

Originally posted by BluE~BLaZe View Post
          Thanks bro, I've always came across the ad for that. I heard the background was pretty intense polygraph and security clearance. Are they also authorized to carry off duty and do you know if they have to turn in their equipment at the end of their tour of duty?
          They are authorized off-duty carry.

Comment

Buddy of mine does this. He also deploys overseas often. They attend FLETC mixed basic and start as a GS 8 I believe.

Very expensive to live in the DC/NoVa area.

Comment

Originally posted by formerNOPD View Post
              That's an understatement.....

Comment

Originally posted by formerNOPD View Post
                Buddy of mine does this. He also deploys overseas often. They attend FLETC mixed basic and start as a GS 8 I believe.

I didn't know they worked overseas as well. What kind of stuff does he do abroad?

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbnm View Post
                  What kind of stuff does he do abroad?
                  Protection missions....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                    Protection missions....
                    Correct. He's been to afghanistan 2-3 times and the balance in iraq.

Comment

Sorry, I removed my original response
                      Last edited by ThinBlueLEO; 11-24-2010, 05:46 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10857 users online. 484 members and 10373 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X