This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by formerNOPD View Post
    6c is going to happen too. I just get tired of the same old people poo poo'ing the idea everytime it gets on the table.
    To be honest with you, promises of Customs Inspectors/CBP officers being covered under 6c has been talked about for many years, with any legislation drifting into oblivion. It's only this year does it appear that 6c coverage will really happen.
    Al Bundy for President

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
      To be honest with you, promises of Customs Inspectors/CBP officers being covered under 6c has been talked about for many years, with any legislation drifting into oblivion. It's only this year does it appear that 6c coverage will really happen.

True, but before there were other factors -
      No "Officers", no DHS, no war on terror etc.

Have you called your senators and congresscritters to fight for this as well?
      Regards,
      fmr

Comment

Originally posted by formerNOPD View Post
        Did you get the memo?

Summer session of congress, W will sign it.
        Saw the memo.....didn't see anywhere in it that W. will sign it.....as he's stated publicly several times that he won't....

Could that change...? Perhaps....but as I've said before....I won't believe it till I see it......

Comment

http://appropriations.house.gov/pdf/HomelandOmnibus.pdf

As it stands, there is $50 Million in the budget to bring CBPO into 6c. The President stated that he would sign the budget as it was sent back to the House. That is what was sent back to the House so they will get 6c coming July 2008. Congress put funding for the war in with the budgets so he'll have to back it if he wants the funds.

But, I wonder how this will affect the money that CBPO's make currently. Wouldn't they now be held under Act 45 like IEA's? Won't they also fall under AUO? Could mean no more straight double time anymore....

Comment

Originally posted by Luko View Post
            http://appropriations.house.gov/pdf/HomelandOmnibus.pdf

As it stands, there is $50 Million in the budget to bring CBPO into 6c. The President stated that he would sign the budget as it was sent back to the House. That is what was sent back to the House so they will get 6c coming July 2008. Congress put funding for the war in with the budgets so he'll have to back it if he wants the funds.

But, I wonder how this will affect the money that CBPO's make currently. Wouldn't they now be held under Act 45 like IEA's? Won't they also fall under AUO? Could mean no more straight double time anymore....

No, won't affect CBP - they fall under COPRA still, only the retirement portions will affect CBP - we'll go from 1% per year to 1.7% per year, and get the 25 year retirement, as well as the age regulations. 37/57.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
              Saw the memo.....didn't see anywhere in it that W. will sign it.....as he's stated publicly several times that he won't....

Could that change...? Perhaps....but as I've said before....I won't believe it till I see it......
              Done deal! At least that's what my DFO said today.

Comment

latest scoop: http://www.nteu.org/PressKits/PressR...e.aspx?ID=1194

Comment

Originally posted by Convo View Post
                  Done deal! At least that's what my DFO said today.
                  Not until W. signs it.....

BUT......it looks like he will now since it was tacked on to the entire spending bill....

Congrats.....as if that had been on it's own, it would have never passed.......

Comment

Personally I think it's sad it took this long.

Comment

Rest of the Federal Uniformed LE Agencies that don't have it should sue now to get it........

Comment

Rest of the Federal Uniformed LE Agencies that don't have it should sue now to get it........
                        I believe those other Federal Uniformed LE Agencies that aren't covered should be but why should Uniformed CBP officers getting coverage be the trigger for them to sue. CBP officers are not the first Federal Uniformed LE Agencies to receive coverage. Their are several that already have 6C coverage, US Secret Service Uniformed division, US Park Police, US Capital Police, Dept of Interior Law Enforcement Rangers, Fish and Wildlife Law Enforcement Rangers. Heck, every employee of the Bureau of Prisons is covered including the Nurses, Gardeners and Mechanics.

FB

Comment

Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                          I believe those other Federal Uniformed LE Agencies that aren't covered should be but why should Uniformed CBP officers getting coverage be the trigger for them to sue.
                          Because it (the new law) sets a new presidence.....

Folks have always argued that CBP weren't real LEOs....and that's why they have never gotten 6c coverage....

They (CBP) have it now....if one tries to say that the Pentagon Cops, Military Base Cops, FBI Cops, etc....are lessor LEOs based on job descriptions (that's always been the hold up) than they are full of it.....

Don't get me wrong....CBP folks do a great job protecting the country from terrorism......but their duties are far from Street Cop duties......

If you are going to give one group coverage....man up and give it to them all.....

Just my opinion......

Comment

Most federal uniformed officers are not doing work as street cops. That's not what we do and that does not make us less than anyone else. I also believe that all federal uniformed officers should get 6c too.
                            Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

Because it (the new law) sets a new presidence.....

Folks have always argued that CBP weren't real LEOs....and that's why they have never gotten 6c coverage....

They (CBP) have it now....if one tries to say that the Pentagon Cops, Military Base Cops, FBI Cops, etc....are lessor LEOs based on job descriptions (that's always been the hold up) than they are full of it.....

Don't get me wrong....CBP folks do a great job protecting the country from terrorism......but their duties are far from Street Cop duties......

If you are going to give one group coverage....man up and give it to them all.....

Just my opinion......
                              Bear do you think CBP deserves 6c? Just curious b/c reading into your words makes me wonder.

The minute you are issued a gun and vest imo you should get 6c. CBP has a lot of dangers just like any other agency. Just b/c they don't actually "patrol" makes it no less dangerous. I could easily argue 6c for CBP.
                              Last edited by Convo; 12-25-2007, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Bear do you think CBP deserves 6c?
                                Yes I do....I have never said to the contrary........

The minute you are issued a gun and vest imo you should get 6c. CBP has a lot of dangers just like any other agency. Just b/c they don't actually "patrol" makes it no less dangerous. I could easily argue 6c for CBP.
                                Yeap......thats why I made the statement that if CBP gets it.....then ALL Federal LEOs should get it....VA, Fed Reserve, Military, FBI, etc.......

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8243 users online. 253 members and 7990 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                                X