300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
    I haven't heard anything either. I thought they would have called already about doing the fit test but I guess not.

Yeah I wish they would hurry up the wait has already been 2 years and a month. I just cleared everything with Customs and have been sent to TSU and would rather not spend almost an entire year at FLETC if the USMS call while I'm there for Customs.
    I heard that FLETC in Georgia is much better than NM. Im looking forward to going and learning some more cool stuff.
    Current FED LEO

ICE SA
    Summer 09 Test passed
    Sent in packet

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Guard
      Does anyone have any info on the position of deputized Akal Court Security Officer at the U.S.Courthouse?I heard they are Special Deputy Marshals? And are they Police? Do they have ARREST power? Ect... Thanks.
      Sorry no info here.

Comment

The Court Security Officer (CSO) program, as administered by Akal Security, operates under the following provisions:

-CSOs are Deputy United States Marshals, only while on-duty, and for the purposes of the court security mission. They carry firearms and credentials while on-duty, but not while off-duty (unless otherwise able to carry as citizens).

-Akal security exclusively hires retired / previous law enforcement officers, who have graduated from a state or federal law enforcement training academy, and who had previously carried firearms and had full powers of arrest, for their CSO positions.

-Akal further requires that CSOs have had at least 3 years of law enforcement experience, as listed above

In a nutshell, this is a job for prior and retired cops. CSOs are DUSMs while on-duty only.

Comment

Does anyone know how the USMS treats off duty weapons? Border Patrol doesnt give me the authority to act as an Agent without my issued weapon. This means I have to carry my bulky P2000 around instead of a discreet Glock 27. Yes i know the P2000 is a big improvement over the Berretta. Any info?
          Last edited by WJD; 02-18-2009, 07:11 PM.
          Current FED LEO

ICE SA
          Summer 09 Test passed
          Sent in packet

Comment

Does anyone know how the hiring is going in both Tucson and Phoenix? I am crossing my fingers for Tucson.
            Thanks,
            Will
            Current FED LEO

ICE SA
            Summer 09 Test passed
            Sent in packet

Comment

Originally posted by WJD View Post
              Does anyone know how the hiring is going in both Tucson and Phoenix? I am crossing my fingers for Tucson.
              Thanks,
              Will
              It's been a month since I talked to HR so I am calling them tomorrow and will post what they say.

Comment

Laredo Bound?

Wmcgalrd

Are you going to the Laredo Office I had my informational session in Laredo in 07, and had my interviewed in Houston. Last I heard no money, did hear u that, and if anyone else FCIP texas......
                Last edited by 911fedz; 02-24-2009, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirtcop View Post
                  Wrong, been there done that and recieved a fat check for both FLETC and 23weeks of OJT from the VA!!
                  You are also eligible to use the GI Bill while in any local or state police academy (even if the department is sponsoring your academy and paying your salary while you're in), as it meets the VA's requirements for an academic or occupational training program.

Comment

Originally posted by 911fedz View Post
                    Wmcgalrd

Are you going to the Laredo Office I had my informational session in Laredo in 07, and had my interviewed in Houston. Last I heard no money, did hear u that, and if anyone else FCIP texas......
                    I had my informational in Houston and my interview in Houston in 07. But from what I am being told I will most likely be sent to Laredo. Not sure about the money situation, I spoke to HR about a month ago and was told the next academy was at the end of April. Also was told I would have my fit test any day and that was a month ago???? One of my partners knows a Deputy Marshal who is a trainer at the academy and he said the next class is April 17th 2009.

Have you received a T.O. and if you have where are you at in the prcocess?

Comment

• To any one on here thats a 082/1811; I know its different for everyone but on an average how long does it take for your background to clear with opm/usms? Does 8 months sound bout right?

Comment

• I just applied for the CSCEP through my school. If I get selected anyone have tips on the subsequent interview?

Comment

• I hope it does not take that long for the background to get cleared. Mine was turned into Houston by opm to get cleared by usms in December 08 and I am hoping to get into the April academy.

Comment

• the website says that the career ladder is to GS-11, it does not mention GS-12 so i assumed that was a competitive promotion.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
                              the website says that the career ladder is to GS-11, it does not mention GS-12 so i assumed that was a competitive promotion.
                              Journeyman for Deputy US Marshal is GS-12, GS-13 and above is competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
                                To any one on here thats a 082/1811; I know its different for everyone but on an average how long does it take for your background to clear with opm/usms? Does 8 months sound bout right?
                                8 months sounds a little long I think an average of 3 to 4 months would be more likely.

disclaimer - I am not an 082 or an 1811 just an applicant for FCIP.
                                Last edited by wmcgalrd; 03-06-2009, 08:39 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11626 users online. 451 members and 11175 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X