Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as the announcements, I was going off the fact that two of my buddies had in district moves because of an announcement sent out. I'm guessing that was their way of saying the email went out to the district.

As for Houston and moving there from Laredo, it could be possible, but from the list just to OPREF and the amount of people within that district wanting to get there, it may take a very long time. I would just bank on staying in Laredo for at least your first three years and hope you can get lucky with an in district move.

Comment

Medical came back with a problem. My good cholesterol was 35 when it should be at least 40. Otherwise Im in great shape 27 years old 6' 4" 200lbs. QTC sent me the paper explaining the problem and referred me to my primary care provider. Anyone know what Im supposed to do? I called HQ and asked them if I needed to get a doctors letter etc but so far no call back.
      Thanks,
      Will
      Current FED LEO

ICE SA
      Summer 09 Test passed
      Sent in packet

Comment

Originally posted by WJD View Post
        Medical came back with a problem. My good cholesterol was 35 when it should be at least 40. Otherwise Im in great shape 27 years old 6' 4" 200lbs. QTC sent me the paper explaining the problem and referred me to my primary care provider. Anyone know what Im supposed to do? I called HQ and asked them if I needed to get a doctors letter etc but so far no call back.
        Thanks,
        Will
        Did you ever go to your follow up medical visit where they go over all your test results?

Comment

Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
          Did you ever go to your follow up medical visit where they go over all your test results?
          No I haven't gone. I was told to return in 72 hours to read the TB test and that was all. No one ever mentioned a review. Is that standard practice with the USMS? What I found strange about this letter was that it didn't give instructions as to how to proceed. Im wondering if it is a report that is sent both to the applicant and the USMS. I will call QTC on Monday.
          Thanks
          Will
          Current FED LEO

ICE SA
          Summer 09 Test passed
          Sent in packet

Comment

Medical

I'm not sure what SOP is but when I went to my first medical they did all the test and I had to go back for the TB read. They then scheduled me to come back and see the actual doctor. I have to go this Thursday and he is supposed to go over the test results and all my paperwork.

Comment

Medicals

Back in the day they used Occupational Health it may be someone else now but either way it should go like this:

1) Get an appointment with the Nursing Staff
              2) They conduct Blood, Urine, Eye, EKG and TB
              3) When they expect the results back (labs) you get a Dr. Appointment
              4) The Dr. Conducts the Physical and -Follow-Up (if needed)
              5)The Dr. files his results with USMS
              6) if you fail a portion you are usualy given a form (by mail) to go to your Primary Care Physician to have them sign saying your fine.

Example I originaly failed the eye exam. I was sent a form to go to an eye Dr. to sign off saying I am in the requirements. He finished off by saying don't worry about the co-pay you shouldn't be here period.

You will get that. A follow-up for no reason, others skeet by with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by timtim View Post
                Back in the day they used Occupational Health it may be someone else now but either way it should go like this:

1) Get an appointment with the Nursing Staff
                2) They conduct Blood, Urine, Eye, EKG and TB
                3) When they expect the results back (labs) you get a Dr. Appointment
                4) The Dr. Conducts the Physical and -Follow-Up (if needed)
                5)The Dr. files his results with USMS
                6) if you fail a portion you are usualy given a form (by mail) to go to your Primary Care Physician to have them sign saying your fine.

Example I originaly failed the eye exam. I was sent a form to go to an eye Dr. to sign off saying I am in the requirements. He finished off by saying don't worry about the co-pay you shouldn't be here period.

You will get that. A follow-up for no reason, others skeet by with no problems.
                So far they haven't given me any instructions. The BP physical had problems (clinic messed up my eye sight) and they said to get a doctors letter within 15 days. So far the USMS hasn't given me any instructions.
                Current FED LEO

ICE SA
                Summer 09 Test passed
                Sent in packet

Comment

Anything new

Has anyone heard anything about their process or where their background is? Spoke to HR today and they said my fit test would be scheduled in the next few weeks but no word on the background. There is supposed to be an academy in March but I am starting to worry if there is a chance of making that one.
                  Last edited by wmcgalrd; 02-24-2009, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Im in the same boat, just waiting on the PT test. I also asked them about a possible duty station because Im buying a home. Haven't heard much back from them. I bet they are busy.
                    Regards,
                    Will
                    Last edited by WJD; 01-30-2009, 06:14 PM.
                    Current FED LEO

ICE SA
                    Summer 09 Test passed
                    Sent in packet

Comment

Im in the same boat, just waiting on the PT test. I also asked them about a possible duty station because Im buying a home. Haven't heard much back from them. I bet they are busy.
                      Regards,
                      Will
                      Yeah, let me know if you hear anything about your fit or you background.

Also did you clear up the medical issues or are you still waiting on that. I had to do a follow up with my doctor but it is all clear now.

Comment

Yeah, let me know if you hear anything about your fit or you background.

Also did you clear up the medical issues or are you still waiting on that. I had to do a follow up with my doctor but it is all clear now.
                        I believe my medical issue has been cleared up. I didnt have a follow up. Im still waiting on the FIT but I should be ok, today I climbed a mountain, walked/ran 4 miles and then chased down some perps later. Good times
                        Current FED LEO

ICE SA
                        Summer 09 Test passed
                        Sent in packet

Comment

Academy

Spoke with HR this week and was told that the next academy is going to be end of April not March. She said that my background is under review and should be done by then. Here's to hoping.

Comment

That is good for me! I was worried that I might have my house close while I was at the academy in March. My background should be done because they used my current employers SF 86. Looks like things are starting to move.

Spoke with HR this week and was told that the next academy is going to be end of April not March. She said that my background is under review and should be done by then. Here's to hoping.
                            Current FED LEO

ICE SA
                            Summer 09 Test passed
                            Sent in packet

Comment

Still no news on the Fit test. Currently awaiting a response from HR regarding a possible duty location. Im really hoping they let me stay in my current city. Anyone else heard anything about the next academy in the end of April? It cant come too soon because I was just informed by my boss that I was going to do a three month stint in the lovely processing center. ug Time to buy some air fresheners!
                              Current FED LEO

ICE SA
                              Summer 09 Test passed
                              Sent in packet

Comment

Still no news on the Fit test. Currently awaiting a response from HR regarding a possible duty location. Im really hoping they let me stay in my current city. Anyone else heard anything about the next academy in the end of April? It cant come too soon because I was just informed by my boss that I was going to do a three month stint in the lovely processing center. ug Time to buy some air fresheners!
                                I haven't heard anything either. I thought they would have called already about doing the fit test but I guess not.

Yeah I wish they would hurry up the wait has already been 2 years and a month. I just cleared everything with Customs and have been sent to TSU and would rather not spend almost an entire year at FLETC if the USMS call while I'm there for Customs.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10073 users online. 427 members and 9646 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X