Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deputy U.S. Marshal (GS-5) Questions

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    They just left the academy not too long ago if we are talking about the same person.

    New Hires-

    There are those of us who think they should do it the reverse, USMS first and CITP second. That's in case they don't make it through USMS, we that could save the money was spent putting them through CITP.

    Comment


    • #62
      Any info on what to expect in regard to after-hours PT during CITP? Pretty tough?

      Comment


      • #63
        I personally dont mind tuff PT. What worries me is the kind I went through with the BP where you do sprints until your knees give out and then run like a peg legged pirate for two weeks using pain killers. I literally ran my body into the ground and didn't go to the med shed because I didn't want to get spit out. Having done that once, I feel like I have proved myself, and Im considering whether it is wise to do it again. Or if I will be required to. Thanks for all the good info.
        Current FED LEO


        ICE SA
        Summer 09 Test passed
        Sent in packet

        Comment


        • #64
          CITP itself doesn't have after hours PT. At least they didn't as of May. Now the Marshals will offer an after hours "voluntary" workout. It won't get you ready for BDUSM. You have to work out on your own while in CITP. And trust me when I say you have to! I went to FLETC in good shape and was glad I kept up with my regiment. I've heard about BP training and BDUSM is no joke. Some BPA's I've talked to that are Deputy's still say BDUSM is harder. And it is something that is required of you when you get there. They really could care less where you've been and what you went through to get there. Good luck all. Best job in the world.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by manstown View Post
            CITP itself doesn't have after hours PT. At least they didn't as of May. Now the Marshals will offer an after hours "voluntary" workout. It won't get you ready for BDUSM. You have to work out on your own while in CITP. And trust me when I say you have to! I went to FLETC in good shape and was glad I kept up with my regiment. I've heard about BP training and BDUSM is no joke. Some BPA's I've talked to that are Deputy's still say BDUSM is harder. And it is something that is required of you when you get there. They really could care less where you've been and what you went through to get there. Good luck all. Best job in the world.
            Makes sense, I'm not expecting a break. I think I will be fine, I graduated first in my class at Artesia. I just hope my knees hold out. Im only 27 and its scary when your body starts making you feel like an old man. Thanks for the comparison between BP and DUSM, that is what I've been trying to find out.
            Current FED LEO


            ICE SA
            Summer 09 Test passed
            Sent in packet

            Comment


            • #66
              Academy

              Does anyone know if you have a roommate at the academy or do you have your own room?
              Last edited by wmcgalrd; 12-08-2008, 08:56 PM.

              Comment


              • #67
                Quick question: Do you select for a district or are you told what district based on where you initiate the process? I am considering applying under the FCIP.

                Current FLEO.
                There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

                HONOR FIRST!

                Comment


                • #68
                  You'll pretty much go where they need you. You may get a choice, but unless it is a hard to fill district, don't count on getting it. They will send you where they want you to go.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    District

                    I applied in and requested southern district Texas. And that is what I am told I will get. BUT not Houston like I wanted, I have been told I will most likely be offered Laredo Texas.

                    Manstown,

                    I have been told by the recruiter and fit coordinator in the Houston office that I should be able to transfer back to Houston within about a year since it is the same district. Does that sound possible or are they just blowing smoke?

                    Thanks

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      You are required to stay where they send you for at least 3 years. After that you can put in to OPREF. And trust me when I say Houston isn't short of people wanting to go there. If there is an In-District announcement you can apply to leave for that. But there won't be one for Houston with all the people trying to get there.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
                        Does anyone know if you have a roommate at the academy or do you have your own room?
                        You generaly have your own sleeping area but share a bathroom. The new townhomes are the same but I think they have a wrck room as well. There is a community center w/ pool tables and tv.

                        Internet sucks you have to plug into the local landline or use the computer room.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Thanks

                          Thanks for all the info.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            In district moves

                            There really isn't announcements for in-district moves per say. Management decides who they want among district personnel to fill the slot. That is also based on operational needs.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by USMS08610083 View Post
                              There really isn't announcements for in-district moves per say. Management decides who they want among district personnel to fill the slot. That is also based on operational needs.
                              From what people are saying around here the current US Marshal for southern texas is willing to allow in district moves before three years. I hope so because three years in Laredo would be rough on the family but it will all be worth it in the long run (hopefully?).

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                In district moves

                                Yes. In district moves are not the same as OPREF so you don't have to wait three years. But again if there is a waiting list you may have to wait.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4664 users online. 220 members and 4444 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X