Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will not get LEAP until you convert to 1811. Read thread #9. I explained that already.

Comment

Usms

Like I stated earlier, it is 5/1, 7/1, 9/1, 11/1, 11/2, 11/3, then 12/1. That is how the promotion system works assuming you are hired as a 5/1. You pick up your 1811 after your third year when you pick up your 11. You have to fulfill all the requiremens in the Deputy Development program to convert and at which time you will be an 1811 with LEAP.

Comment

Originally posted by USMS08610083 View Post
        Like I stated earlier, it is 5/1, 7/1, 9/1, 11/1, 11/2, 11/3, then 12/1. That is how the promotion system works assuming you are hired as a 5/1. You pick up your 1811 after your third year when you pick up your 11. You have to fulfill all the requiremens in the Deputy Development program to convert and at which time you will be an 1811 with LEAP.
        Could you further explain the Deputy Development Program?

Comment

Without getting too specific, there are benchmarks you must meet regarding investigations, prisoner movement, court security, etc.

Comment

Without getting too specific, there are benchmarks you must meet regarding investigations, prisoner movement, court security, etc.
            There was no mention of this under the FCIP initiative. We were told that on the 3rd anniversary of your EOD is when the conversion to 1811 would take place.

Comment

Going into your 4th year you will be converted to an 1811. 3 years as an 082and completion of the minumum time in each facet of the development program. It's really more a check in the box type thing.

Comment

Going into your 4th year you will be converted to an 1811. 3 years as an 082and completion of the minumum time in each facet of the development program. It's really more a check in the box type thing.
                I see what you're saying now. Makes sense.

Comment

I'm not trying to dispute you, but according to the USMS official site, you have to spend 3 years as a GS-9, thus, it says it takes 5 years to make 11 from starting as a 5 versus making 11 in just 3.....

Comment

Originally posted by DEPO View Post
                    I'm not trying to dispute you, but according to the USMS official site, you have to spend 3 years as a GS-9, thus, it says it takes 5 years to make 11 from starting as a 5 versus making 11 in just 3.....
                    I think you should take the DUSM's word for it.

Comment

Yes I Apologize, I must of read the site wrong.
                      It says "Career ladder is to the GS-11 grade level; there is a 3 year certification process before promotion from GS-9 to GS-11 grade level. "

I thought it ment 3 years AS a GS 9, but now I realized that it means 3 years of service total.

Comment

So after 3 years you make 11/1, after 5 years you make 11/3 and after 6 years you make 12/1?

Comment

You should be a 12 going into your 7th year if you start as a GL 5. You have to do 3 years as an 11 before promoting to journeyman 12.

Comment

I have heard a lot of different rumors about lateral 1811 opportunities with the USMS, so this question is directed toward any active DUSMs on this thread with information about the hiring process.

I understand that there are currently no announcements for lateral 1811 with the USMS, but do the districts have the authority to hire lateral 1811s independently to fill needed positions within their own district.

Comment

You come on as a 082 GL 5/7 step 1 usually. Now it goes 5/1; 7/1; 9/1 then 1811 w/ LEAP 11/1; 11/2; 11/3 and Journeyman 12.
                              So after 6 years you make 12/1? I'm guessing that GS 13 starts the supervisory levels, on average, how long does it take guys to make 13 after there at 12-1/6 years of service?

Comment

Depends when Supervisor positions open.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9599 users online. 367 members and 9232 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X