Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USSS Special Officer?

http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/get...TabNum=1&rc=13

Does anyone have any info about these positions? If so I have a few questions. Please PM me.

Sco

That one is for guarding the Reagan Compound. I am sure Nancy still rates protection.

It is what it is, security work. Not sure if that will help you get on or have a leg up with USSS in other areas (like UP or SA). But it wouldn't hurt.

They have the stuff out here in DC as well. The ones I know that do it drive and do other security related stuff to assist the SAs.

Comment

SO isn't a bad job at all. Just don't expect action.

Ironically, I applied for an SO job and "was considered" but turned down.

Two years later I landed an SA job. Go figure.
      I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
        SO's are the lowest rung of Officers in the USSS, it's all protection but it will get you in the door to the USSS. Just apply UD, atleast you will get awesome training and travel or if you want to do police work go local/state.

Here is the pecking order

SA's, TSD, UD, SO.

All presidents up to Clinton and first ladies get protection for life, everyone from GWB on gets ten years. President Clinton signed that order, nice of him to give himself/Hilary protection for life and no one after that.
        The weird part of this conversation is the UD guys i've talked to bash S/O's and the 1811's say S/O gig better then U/D gig and the S/O's said they keep that gig over U/D but of course everyone agrees 1811 best gig. Now there hiring armed drivers w/ similar leap pay whats-up w/ that gig?

Comment

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
          You will see not a whole lot of love for the SA's from UD, many UD are a bit jealous. Many of the SA's (not all) feel superior to UD but that could just be my impression, they refer to UD as gaurds not federal police officers.
          There are SA's at almost every agency that think their poop doesn't stink. In my time at the service, I didn't hear agents refer to UD officers as guards, only that they "guard" this or that. The jealousy does play into some relationships between SA and UD, but it only does so if the guys/gals involved allow it to.

Just my opinion.
          I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5150 users online. 350 members and 4800 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X