300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Park Police

Does anyone know if U.S. Park Police is hiring, and whether or not they have any FLETC classes scheduled for FY08?

To contact a Recruiter, call Sergeant Steven R. Somers at 202-619-7056.

That was taken off of the U.S. Park Police website.

Comment

They hire about once a year.....and had a open period last April......

Comment

I was aware of the hiring period that took place this past Spring, just not sure if anything was scheduled to come up again. Thanks guys and take care.

Comment

Originally posted by JH00 View Post
          I was aware of the hiring period that took place this past Spring, just not sure if anything was scheduled to come up again. Thanks guys and take care.
          From what I have seen over the past 4-5 years (I have friends that work for USPP out here....so that's why I have noticed the annoucements).... they go for the once a year thing......usually in the spring...and that's it.....

Comment

That seems to be the trend...but I had not heard much chatter from last Spring's applicants is all. I have no knowledge of the duration of USPP's hiring process so perhaps there would yet to even be a need to mention FLETC dates. Thanks again Bearcat357 for the info.

Comment

I'm one of the Spring applicants JH00.Look out in a couple months..there may be an announcement then.Hiring process was pretty streamed, since I'm an out of towner they accommodated me and the others pretty well.They just made their selection for the upcoming academy.If you get the chance after you get contacted, and you go for the test.i suggest going on a ride along.The officer i went with was pretty cool, traffic stops, responding to a couple calls, witnessed a car accident......the are definitely proactive.If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by JH00 View Post
                That seems to be the trend...but I had not heard much chatter from last Spring's applicants is all. I have no knowledge of the duration of USPP's hiring process so perhaps there would yet to even be a need to mention FLETC dates. Thanks again Bearcat357 for the info.
                From what my buddies have told me.....it takes about 5-6 months for the hiring process......so I would suspect that once they decide to do a hire...they would get with FLETC and make arrangements for a class....

I'm not sure how big classes are.....I can ask the next time I see them.....

I do know they are woefully understaffed out here in DC.....and they seem to have some equipment issues because of lack of money.....but if I was going to look for a Uniformed Federal Uniformed Gig....I would certainly go with them.....

Comment

From what i've heard from the officers, the class size they send are around 18 or so.

Comment

Good stuff. Congrats JamaicanLP, I now recall seeing your name floating around in the Spring thread! Take care and keep us posted.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11772 users online. 457 members and 11315 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X