Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEPT's THAT NEED OFFICERS BADLY

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DEPT's THAT NEED OFFICERS BADLY

    If everyone could put a little in I appreciate it, I live in Michigan I am 21 Years old with about 40 College Credits, a clean background and security exp. I am looking for departments that are hiring and need officers badly. Any help would be appreciated. I am willing to relocate. Also if you know of any places that are doing speedy processes that would be great too. I know Baltimore City PD does, but I have heard alot of bad things about that.
    Thanks

  • #2
    Here are some websites you can check out for law enforcement jobs:
    911hotjobs or ***********************

    Comment


    • #3
      http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/careers/careers.shtml
      NYPD if you're really desperate.

      Usually All of your BIg cities Departments are always hiring.

      http://www.protectthecity.com/
      LVMPD-heard many good things about them.

      http://www.ci.richmond.va.us/police/

      http://www.chp.ca.gov/recruiting/

      http://www.sfgov.org/site/police_index.asp?id=20183
      Last edited by John2008; 09-19-2007, 10:48 AM.
      "Why you harassing me?"

      Comment


      • #4
        1. Finish your freaking degree!!! LE work will ALWAYS be there....Agencies will always be looking for Officers/Deputies/Troopers..... Your degree will help you be a better Officer....and will get you promoted or a Fed job later in your life. Trying to work 40 hours a week as a LEO and going to school sucks......

        2. You need to figure out where you want to land..... Are you just going to be wasting an Agencies time/money if you can't afford to move somewhere once you get hired on....? That's a big question I would be asking as your BI.....as there is no way in the world that I would recommend hiring you if you were him-hawing around when I ask you about moving, finding a place to live, and getting settled in before an academy starts.......and if you had the available funds to do it.....

        Just some thoughts....I have posted this before on other boards....and have either been thanked because someone realized I was right....or they were ticked off because they didn't listen to me..... and were in a money crunch....or had a few years pass and couldn't get a better paying job because they didn't have a degree.....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
          1. Finish your freaking degree!!! LE work will ALWAYS be there....Agencies will always be looking for Officers/Deputies/Troopers..... Your degree will help you be a better Officer....and will get you promoted or a Fed job later in your life. Trying to work 40 hours a week as a LEO and going to school sucks......

          2. You need to figure out where you want to land..... Are you just going to be wasting an Agencies time/money if you can't afford to move somewhere once you get hired on....? That's a big question I would be asking as your BI.....as there is no way in the world that I would recommend hiring you if you were him-hawing around when I ask you about moving, finding a place to live, and getting settled in before an academy starts.......and if you had the available funds to do it.....

          Just some thoughts....I have posted this before on other boards....and have either been thanked because someone realized I was right....or they were ticked off because they didn't listen to me..... and were in a money crunch....or had a few years pass and couldn't get a better paying job because they didn't have a degree.....
          He's right, your better off finishing your degree it will help you when you try to move up the ranks, give you more options since some departments throughout the country require a 4yr degree. It doesn't take so long I started college in 2004 right out of highschool and did my two years in a community college got my A.S and after that I decided to get my B.A in criminology and I graduate in May of 2008 and start a academy a couple of months after that depending on who hires me next year. Some of my friends that are LEO tell me they wish they could have finished school before getting on the job.
          "Why you harassing me?"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by John2008 View Post
            I graduate in May of 2008 and start a academy a couple of months after that depending on who hires me next year.
            That's if you get hired. Don't think you're a shoe-in at any department just because you have a degree. I have one and I wasn't. Competition for a position in LE is very competitive.

            Good luck!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
              That's if you get hired. Don't think you're a shoe-in at any department just because you have a degree. I have one and I wasn't. Competition for a position in LE is very competitive.

              Good luck!
              Thank you, but I'm pretty sure I'll get in at one place or another, I'm applying to 10different places and one of those departments is really really really desperate for people which is the NYPD, I start the hiring process in Jan for the July 2008 academy they have wayyy more openings than they can fill, that's why operation impact is running the chance of being terminated, I have no criminal record, never done drugs, only one traffic ticket for failure to signal and the ticket was paid and no points on my licence because I took the class. Like my Uncle(NYPD sgt) says take all the test for all the PD's that you want and than come into the NYPD while you wait for all those other choices, get a LE job first which ever takes you and than become picky, I've also been told the same thing by people in O.com.
              "Why you harassing me?"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tjramsey2005 View Post
                If everyone could put a little in I appreciate it, I live in Michigan I am 21 Years old with about 40 College Credits, a clean background and security exp. I am looking for departments that are hiring and need officers badly. Any help would be appreciated. I am willing to relocate. Also if you know of any places that are doing speedy processes that would be great too. I know Baltimore City PD does, but I have heard alot of bad things about that.
                Thanks
                I'm sure everyone is hiring. As someone else said, LASD is mass hiring still. I just read in our monthly magazine that our goal for this year is 1300 new hires. I believe last year was 1,000 which we met. So we don't see it slowing down for a long time. Good luck.

                Comment


                • #9
                  ..........
                  Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 08:23 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                    1. Finish your freaking degree!!! LE work will ALWAYS be there....Agencies will always be looking for Officers/Deputies/Troopers..... Your degree will help you be a better Officer....and will get you promoted or a Fed job later in your life. Trying to work 40 hours a week as a LEO and going to school sucks......

                    2. You need to figure out where you want to land..... Are you just going to be wasting an Agencies time/money if you can't afford to move somewhere once you get hired on....? That's a big question I would be asking as your BI.....as there is no way in the world that I would recommend hiring you if you were him-hawing around when I ask you about moving, finding a place to live, and getting settled in before an academy starts.......and if you had the available funds to do it.....

                    Just some thoughts....I have posted this before on other boards....and have either been thanked because someone realized I was right....or they were ticked off because they didn't listen to me..... and were in a money crunch....or had a few years pass and couldn't get a better paying job because they didn't have a degree.....
                    Awesome post and great info...

                    Finish your degree. You'll be more marketable, get paid more because of the educational incentives and be more promotable when you do egt hired on.

                    But to answer your question....San Diego (both PD and SO), LA (both PD and SO) and New Orleans are the ones I know are always hiring.
                    "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The New York State Troopers are hiring.

                      There is a Dec 1 deadline to apply for a winter 2008 exam.

                      www.nytrooper.com

                      Any questions, email me or PM.
                      Last edited by SlowDownThere; 09-22-2007, 05:12 PM.
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                        The New York State Troopers are hiring.

                        There is a Dec 1 deadline to apply for a winter 2008 exam.

                        www.nytroopers.com

                        Any questions, email me or PM.
                        Man I don't need any more competition than what I already got here in NY.
                        "Why you harassing me?"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Univserity of Delaware PD is looking to hire 5 from the current process that is scheduled to close on October 1st.

                          Base pay of $39k while in Academy, $41k upon completion of Field Training.

                          I posted a thread about it:
                          http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73036
                          -Mike
                          The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            APD APD APD
                            Atlanta Police Department
                            $43k starting salary with BA
                            Average of $10k-$30k in off duty security jobs

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Phoenix PD is hiring. We are try to hire 500 new officers in the next year. My academy class has about 5 people from Michigan.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 8648 users online. 343 members and 8305 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X