Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usms Deo

I had a few questions about the DEO positions:

How long do you have to work in a DEO capacity before you can test for an open deputy slot?

When you test for a deputy slot do you have any preference over others who are testing but not yet employed within the agency?

I see the DEO appears to be a covered position and requires carrying of a firearm. Do they have off duty carry authority?

It appears DEO's don't qualify for LEAP, any opportunity for OT?

How long do you have to stay in a particular region before you can put in for a transfer to a different district / office assuming a slot is available?

And a general question: if you are a DEO GS7/step 3 and you make it to a deputy slot which hypothetically is a GS9 slot would you come in at a GS9 step 3 or start at step 1?

If someone really wants a deputy position is getting the foot in the door as a DEO the way to go or is there some particular reason to get in ICE / CBP / ?? and then come over later?

Sco

Originally posted by spookysco View Post
    I had a few questions about the DEO positions:

How long do you have to work in a DEO capacity before you can test for an open deputy slot?

When you test for a deputy slot do you have any preference over others who are testing but not yet employed within the agency?

I see the DEO appears to be a covered position and requires carrying of a firearm. Do they have off duty carry authority?

It appears DEO's don't qualify for LEAP, any opportunity for OT?

How long do you have to stay in a particular region before you can put in for a transfer to a different district / office assuming a slot is available

And a general question: if you are a DEO GS7/step 3 and you make it to a deputy slot which hypothetically is a GS9 slot would you come in at a GS9 step 3 or start at step 1?

If someone really wants a deputy position is getting the foot in the door as a DEO the way to go or is there some particular reason to get in ICE / CBP / ?? and then come over later?

Sco
    I was a DEO 1802 for 3 yrs.

1) 1802's get in house 082 positions (timing is key) u could be there for a month and it opens or a year.

2)Prefrence kinda your background is just an update

3)Firearm- Depends on the District some let u take your weapon home some don't-general USMS policy DEO's don't carry off duty

4)OT depends on district how busy details whats goin on.

5)If slot available elsewhere u can transfer whenever assuming an office doesn't give you a hard time about it.

6)082's begin at the GS-5 or 7 not GS 9 you would hold your 7 one year then go to 9.

7) Want to be an 082 then DEO is way to go whole differnt promotion process.

Anymore ??? just PM me.

Comment

Deo

I have never seen the USMS DEO hiring for GS-5, only GS-6/7.

Do they ever have an open for GS-5?
      Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF DEATH COME KNOCKING, I WILL ANSWER

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13823 users online. 451 members and 13372 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X