300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions for a DOD officer of someone with good info

Is there anyone here a DOD officer that can shed some light on the job and I can pick there brain? Please PM me, got a lot of questions.

Comment

Originally posted by caliblm View Post
      Only Army I think will enventually turn 0083 over to 0085 security guards.
      Why would they do that...? You have any idea how much of a PITA that would be to have everyone on base change job series.....?

Plus...OPM would have to have a say in it....as if you read the job description....085 and 083 are no where near each other.....and the pay isn't as high......

Comment

I just talked with 2 buddie who left DOD Police withen the last year.

1) You work for the Military they say how enforcement will work (they like to keep things inhouse/down low for majority of things but u do have authority when they want you to use it.

2) Some instilations actually require you to turn Badge/I.D. in w/ firearm and equipment @ end of duty and get it before duty. (My personal opinion u don't trust me w/ my stuff I wont work for you)

3)There is a plan to have all Militay instilations covered by 083/085 series. Moving very slow.

4) After Walter Reed incident President signed Law stoppin DoD from continuing Contracted Guard Services by specific date.

Their oveall opinion wasn't good. They can't handle situation the way they wanted too and you don't feel comfortable about your postion because a lot get over on you. Howevr, some places are better then others.

Comment

4) After Walter Reed incident President signed Law stoppin DoD from continuing Contracted Guard Services by specific date.
          Does anyone have a PL number or EO number for this? The concept of the DoD/GSA actually stopping the revolving door of G4S subcontracting (Get in, get fired, get subcontracted, get in, get fired, get subcontracted) is incredible to me.
          N. A. Corbier
          Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
          Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

Originally posted by timtim View Post
            1) You work for the Military they say how enforcement will work (they like to keep things inhouse/down low for majority of things but u do have authority when they want you to use it.
            Yeap.....that's just they way they do things. I know Universities and other agencies that do that as well though....

2) Some instilations actually require you to turn Badge/I.D. in w/ firearm and equipment @ end of duty and get it before duty. (My personal opinion u don't trust me w/ my stuff I wont work for you)
            Yeap.....also know some other Federal Agencies that do that as well...... You should know that going into the job.....and not expect them to change that
            anytime soon....

3)There is a plan to have all Militay instilations covered by 083/085 series. Moving very slow.
            FYI....They've been working on that off and on for over 20 years....

I'm from Missouri....so you are going to have to show me that.....as they (they Army) just awarded a bunch of new, long term contracts....and the AF is about to do the same.......Contracting for the front gates is here to say.....as there is no military manpower to do it.....and it's cheaper to contract out compaired to hiring and training a 085 guard.....

Comment

Pretty much all DOD Police (meaning army bases and such) leave their duty weapons on base. Its a DOD reg. I say pretty much all, cause I only know of two Police Agencies that fall under DOD and they take their weapons home and are covered by HR 218 (the rest aren't).
              Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

Whoops! didn't realize how I wrote that!!! I apoligize; A Presidential Directive was signed to stop outsourcing a lot of security (not all for DoD) Give me a few days and I can some info.

Comment

Whoops! didn't realize how I wrote that!!! I apoligize; A Presidential Directive was signed to stop outsourcing a lot of security (not all for DoD) Give me a few days and I can some info.
                  Just saying......DA just awarded/signed a HUGE contract for instillation gate security.....I think it was a four year contract.....

AF is in the process of awarding new stuff for their gates.....

So...it's not going away totally anytime soon.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                    Just saying......DA just awarded/signed a HUGE contract for instillation gate security.....I think it was a four year contract.....

AF is in the process of awarding new stuff for their gates.....

So...it's not going away totally anytime soon.....
                    Wackenhut staying on the job??
                    Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

Originally posted by fedguy889 View Post
                      Pretty much all DOD Police (meaning army bases and such) leave their duty weapons on base. Its a DOD reg. I say pretty much all, cause I only know of two Police Agencies that fall under DOD and they take their weapons home and are covered by HR 218 (the rest aren't).

Yep, I think the Pentagon Police and another agency in the Metro DC area are the ONLY DoD police agencies with statutory powers of arrest. They work for a civilian C.O.P.

Any civilian police officer who works for a military officer or Provost Marshal does not have statutory powers of arrest, and is not covered by LEOSA/HR218. They can detain as long as needed to do the paperwork, and after that, they have to release the offender or turn him over to an officer or agent with statutory powers of arrest to be put in jail. Same as MP's.
                      Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by fedguy889 View Post
                        Wackenhut staying on the job??
                        No....a company called CIS (Coastal International Security) got the main contract....and sub'd it out to several other smaller companies....

Wackenhut might have got some of the subcontracts.....but who knows.... I just know who is primary because one of my old LTC's is running a portion of the contract.....

Comment

Originally posted by Woofdog View Post
                          Yep, I think the Pentagon Police and another agency in the Metro DC area are the ONLY DoD police agencies with statutory powers of arrest. They work for a civilian C.O.P.

Any civilian police officer who works for a military officer or Provost Marshal does not have statutory powers of arrest, and is not covered by LEOSA/HR218. They can detain as long as needed to do the paperwork, and after that, they have to release the offender or turn him over to an officer or agent with statutory powers of arrest to be put in jail. Same as MP's.
                          Yep you are correct..except the other agency isnt in metro dc, its about 20 minutes (well with travel 2 days drive on 295 ) outside of DC.

Comment

Anyone here from DOD Police can PM me, that way I can ask a few questions reference the job?

Comment

Originally posted by floridaboy954 View Post
                              Anyone here from DOD Police can PM me, that way I can ask a few questions reference the job?
                              Might as well post your questions....as a few of us can help out......

PS---There is no such thing as DOD Police..... Each Service hires it's own police officers.....So one would be Dept of the Army Police, Dept of the Navy Police, Dept of the AF Police........

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                                Might as well post your questions....as a few of us can help out......

PS---There is no such thing as DOD Police..... Each Service hires it's own police officers.....So one would be Dept of the Army Police, Dept of the Navy Police, Dept of the AF Police........
                                +1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4170 users online. 211 members and 3959 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X