300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PFPA off-duty carry

Does anyone know if PFPA permits off-duty carry of weapons?

I knew a former PFPA officer and he said they turned their weapons in at the end of shift. However, I do not know what the departments policy says about off-duty carry.

Comment

Originally posted by Circle8 View Post
      Does anyone know if PFPA permits off-duty carry of weapons?
      I know PFPA Officers, they have a home to work-work to home carry for personal protection and LEO responsibilties for offenses durring which time. Completely off duty personal firearm carry. They have their creds so I don't see a problem with H.R. 218.

Comment

If I remember they can only carry the govt weapon in an off duty status to and from work. They are not covered for any other use since it would be considered outside the scope of employment.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I also heard in a previous thread that for PFPA officers are to go straight home after work and put the weapon in a lock box.But that outside that, off duty carry is not authorized.

Comment

Originally posted by bronxitalian35 View Post
            I also heard in a previous thread that for PFPA officers are to go straight home after work and put the weapon in a lock box.But that outside that, off duty carry is not authorized.
            Yeah G-d forbid they have another officer do the right thing and then get thrown under the bus for it.

Reason number 101 I dont like the DPS/PPD/DoD Mgmt.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

LOL...don't jade me now, i'm not even @ FLETC yet, headed for RR but @ 38yrs. old and the father of 2, I'll take it...

Comment

Actually they ARE allowed to carry off duty. At least under DOD regs they are. Not sure about duty weapon or not though. I dont work there. Google DOD 552512p. That is the new DOD implementation of 218.
                Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12043 users online. 425 members and 11618 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X