Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a job!!!!

To anyone that might be able to help,

I know this sounds like anything else of people needing a job or wanting a job in law enforcement, but I have finally decided to follow my dreams of doing something in the field of law enforcement. I have a degree in computer science, but it is just not what I want anymore, if anyone can help me with some ideas or knows anyone that would like to talk to me either reply or send me a personal message on officer.com. I know some of you say well just go become and officer, well here is the catch, I have a physical disability I can not walk without crutches, but it does not effect any other part of my body what so ever. but if anyone can help I would be greatful, I do not even care if it is not in Texas I will do what I got to do.

I'm pretty sure, with your computer skills, you could do something in the computer forensics area. With training, you could be a CSI perhaps. I guess what I'm saying is, there's a lot of rolls in law enforcement besides patrol. If your serious about it, you should really research it, and figure out the area's in which your disability won't be a problem. Good luck!
    "Will to Protect....Courage to Fight"

Comment

By nature, the field of LE is physically demanding. You must be capable of preforming ALL the duties of a LEO, usually determined by a PAT and medical exam. Without being able to walk w/o crutches, much less run, your chances of becoming a LEO are probably zero...sorry

If you're still yearning to fulfill that dream, look into other aspects of LE as the golfer mentioned. Dispatching perhaps
      "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Dispatch is a highly respected and vital part of LE... not everyone can do it and it pays really well; you're directly involved and has great retirement for the most part. Most departments are in need right now.

Just an idea... good luck
        - John 15:13 -

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
          By nature, the field of LE is physically demanding. You must be capable of preforming ALL the duties of a LEO, usually determined by a PAT and medical exam. Without being able to walk w/o crutches, much less run, your chances of becoming a LEO are probably zero...sorry

If you're still yearning to fulfill that dream, look into other aspects of LE as the golfer mentioned. Dispatching perhaps
          Ex Compton Cop's post X-2. Probably the closest you can come to an LE career is as a Dispatcher. Don't think that isn't a vital job. Dispatchers can literally mean the difference between life and death for Officers and civilians.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8568 users online. 435 members and 8133 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X