Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone recently officially hired by Orange County Sheriff's Department?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone recently officially hired by Orange County Sheriff's Department?

I finished the whole process, the last thing I did was the physical, which I passed 3 weeks ago. I am just curious to how things played out from when you finished the physical. The group I went through with took the written June 23rd, and finished the process in under 4-5 weeks. We are supposed to attend the academy the first week of October. How long did it take to find out when you were "officially" hired? What method of communication was used? Also, I know the administration of the polygraph is at the dicretion of the Sheriff, and I have not been asked to take one...were any of you asked to take one after you finished everything else? Thanks for whatever input you may have.

I know they want at least 40 in the next class. For OC, that's a good-sized class.

You could go to ocsd.org, click on the left-margined drop down menu under "What We Do" and then click on "Training."

If you then click on the "Basic Academy" tab and then scroll to the bottom, you'll see a matrix of academy dates.

If I were you, I would consider emailing the Webmaster so he might publish more current dates.

Just an idea, YMMV.

ALSO--If you want to get a near-daily updated on things going on with the OCSD, I recommend you visit and peruse the Sheriff's blog at: http://blog.ocsd.org/

EDJ
    "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Originally posted by Davidzill View Post
      I finished the whole process, the last thing I did was the physical, which I passed 3 weeks ago. I am just curious to how things played out from when you finished the physical. The group I went through with took the written June 23rd, and finished the process in under 4-5 weeks. We are supposed to attend the academy the first week of October. How long did it take to find out when you were "officially" hired? What method of communication was used? Also, I know the administration of the polygraph is at the dicretion of the Sheriff, and I have not been asked to take one...were any of you asked to take one after you finished everything else? Thanks for whatever input you may have.
      Four to five weeks is quite fast! I thought sleepy San Marino PD was quick with their process lasting only 8 weeks.

You plan to move down to Tustin for academy training?
      Focused Recruit

Comment

Not only am I moving to Tustin, I am also looking at apartments just a few blocks from the academy. The process went very quickly, and according to my dad who is a deputy in Contra Costa County, CA agencies don't send you to the physical unless they are hiring you (that anti-discrimination law).I'm just waiting on the final word/ Sheriff's interview. It seems like when the word comes, things will start rolling quickly; I will have a week or so to move in to an apartment and get ready for the academy ( first week of October). From what I hear, more and more agencies are adopting the quick approach to the hiring process because so many people are applying to other places at the same time, and if a department takes 6-8 months to hire someone, they may have very well been hired by some other department. I took the phsycological written at the new academy off Armstrong in Tustin, It is a great look facility.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5267 users online. 233 members and 5034 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X