300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I qualified to apply for FBI?

hey all...im hoping someone familiar with the FBI can offer me some advice regarding applying for the special agent position. according to USAJOBS.com applications will be accepted up until the end of the year, so im not sure whether I should apply now or wait until the next time applications are offered (which, by that time i will hopefully have had some LE experience under my belt--im hoping to enter a state police academy in a few months although of course thats not a gurantee yet). my biggest concern is that i am just too young (23 y.o.a.) and i would just be wasting my time & reputation by applying and getting rejected. i recently made it halfway through the USSS process before being told I was too young & should re-apply after a couple years. i dont want to get rejected by the FBI on top of that. anyhow, my qualifications are as follows:

- bachelors & masters in criminal justice
    - semi-fluent in arabic (im a native speaker but still not good enough to pass their fluency test)
    - 2 years of part-time crime analysis experience
    - 6 months of full-time crime/intelligence analysis experience

again, im only 23 years old, which is the minimum age to apply for the SA position...any & all thoughts are appreciated, thanks!

I think you if you join the military for a couple years and apply after you get out, your application will stand out like a piece of Gold in a Coal Mine.
    My LAPD Process
    PQE - 7/07 - PASSED
    PAT 1 - 7/24 - PASSED
    Prelim BI - 7/25 - PASSED
    Poly - 7/26 - PASSED
    Oral - 09/15 - PASSED
    Medical/Written Psych - 09/27 PASSED
    Backgrounds - In Progress
    Oral Psych - TBD
    Cert. & Appointment - TBD

Comment

hello & thanks for the response...well im trying to get into local/state LE, so i figure that will replace military experience (which im honestly not looking to do anyhow), but in either case i would still wait a couple years before applying, which is what i guess youre suggesting I do...

Comment

ya if I were you I would apply to a major PD somewhere and bolster up your resume, try San Fran, Dallas, NYPD, Seattle or somewhere you can start soon to build up some rank. What more could you really do other than that.

Comment

You don't want to hear it but a stint in military intel would do you good. You could get your fluency to a perfect level as well as make contacts.

Comment

thanks for the responses everyone! i think ill contact my local recruiter & run my scenario by him...like you all said im sure ill need either (a) more full time work or military experience or (b) to improve my arabic....thanks again!

Comment

Fed2121 -- I think that in addition to obtaining some of the excellent advice from the guys in this forum, you would be wise to contact various FBI (if that is the Agency of your choice) FO's and speak with their Applicant Recruiter as well as their SAC. Try searching the forum as well for topics regarding FBI hiring or "Critical Skills." I think that what you will find, and I have heard this from many myself, is that what the Bureau wants today...very well may not be what the Bureau wants tomorrow. The needs and necessities of each Agency are everchanging and one never knows what lies ahead. You have received some great advice from these guys so far; military and/or Local/State (even uniformed Federal) LE would be valuable assets to bolster up your resume.

With regards to obtaining a desired level of fluency in Arabic, you can not go wrong there either. In my personal opinion, from the above forementioned qualities, you already have an impressive resume for only 23 years of age. Keep up the good work and good luck.

Comment

Oh, and if you do talk to your local field office or resident agency, it's pronounced S-A-C (ess-a-see) not "sack" just in case

Comment

come to Dallas. you will be hired about 2 seconds after you walk through the door once they see your back ground.

Comment

You also might want to think about an 1801 position in the FBI for right now. Its their Investigative and Surveilance assistants called SSG and they just opened to hire a couple days ago. More agents are selected from that internally than intel analysts. Read the announcement on FBI jobs, I am almost certain you qualify for that. But like everyone else said, talk to an Applicant Recruiter at your local office and they are more than helpful.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12072 users online. 421 members and 11651 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X