300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Written Test

Ive never taken the written test before for any departments, i know you cant really study for them? but what should i expect? is there much about law enforcement? or is it common sense stuff like map reading? if anyone could shed some light on this or send me a PM i would definately appreciate it

Thank You,
    Matt
    sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

deleted....
    Last edited by pc2761; 08-20-2007, 12:30 PM.
    Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawenforcer72 View Post
      Ive never taken the written test before for any departments, i know you cant really study for them? but what should i expect? is there much about law enforcement? or is it common sense stuff like map reading? if anyone could shed some light on this or send me a PM i would definately appreciate it

dont sweat it. depending on the dpt most test dont require any law enforcement experience to score well(makes sense to me) . some test given only require a 3rd grade education to score well. Some are difficult, some not. I would say, this being my own personal opinion, that its not what you have to offer these days,(experience, education) and more of what they are looking for.Anticipate a little bit of map reading, comprehensive, memory, possibly a little math. good luck.

Thank You,
      Matt
      Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

Written Test

Originally posted by Lawenforcer72 View Post

Thank You,
        Matt
        Matt, This isn't written in stone, but most written exams are pretty much common sense. They will consist of some math questions, reading and comprehension questions, perhaps a few "situational" questions. If you've recieved decent grades in math, grammar and composition, and have a decent vocabulary, you should do OK. An extensive knowledge of law enforcement is NOT required, as these are entry level exams. What will be important, and I stress this, is your achieving the highest grade possible. While a grade of 70% is usually passing, a grade in the mid to high nineties will be required for you to be in the running. This is simply a fact of life, given the large number of applicants who show up for initial testing. Okay. Head for a decent book store and pick up an ARCO Study Guide Book for "Police Officer". In this book, you'll find some excellent tips for taking written exams, as well as some sample tests you can take and grade yourself on. Years ago, these were NYPD tests. That may have changed by now. Some of my colleagues may have additional thoughts and suggestions. When you hit the test site, be well rested. DO NOT rush through the test. Don't agonize over your answers. Change one, and chances are, you'll be wrong. If you've developed good study habits in high school or college, apply them here. The list goes on. Good Luck!!

Comment

Okay, i have already completed the police academy that certifies me for the state here in ohio, but unfortunately jobs are harddddd to find, so im heading to virginia to take a look around lol.

Ill definately head for a book store and see what i can find.
          sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
          Rocky Balboa
          Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8884 users online. 296 members and 8588 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X