Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question About Border Patrol Test

Hey Guys,
    Quick question, I have no spanish speaking experience and I am scheduled to take the Border Patrol Test in september... Am I wasting my time? And is the other part of the test difficult??? All information will be greatly appreciated... Thanks

jt

The ALT version is made for people who do not speak spanish.

Comment

Wheeeewwwww!

My friend, The Border Patrol Test woops my NALGAS! I've attempted to take it 5 times now. It's either pass or fail and they don't give you any other information other than that. If you want more info about the test scores, you have to contact the Minnesota testing center.

They have two parts to the the test.

Logical Reasoning, and I can pass this portion no problem.

Spanish or Artificial Language, I keep taking the Artificial Language and the closest I've come to passing is missing it by 6 points. If you have your test booklet study guide you can see how difficult it is.

My old Marine Corp roomate and still best friend to this day is an Agent, and he said the reason most potential Agents don't make it out of the Academy is because they can't pass the Language test.

.....They did something different this time (about 1 month ago when I tested)

Normally, we all go in and sit anywhere and take the test. This time, they put the people that were taking the Spanish test on one side of the room and the Artificial language people on the other side. They give us a hour break for lunch while they checked the answers on the tests. When we got back they read our names off and gave the tests back (actually just a piece of paper that says yah, or na) If you pass they ask you to sit down in your seat. If you fail, they ask you to simply leave.

Well, my name starts with "A" , and I am normally the first to be called for everything; but for some reason I was called almost last. When it was all said and done, I would say the majority of the Spanish test takers were still sitting there, and as for the Artificial Language test takers.........................................out of 52 (i counted) 3 were still there.

It's tough, no doubt; but I keep trying because if you get in it's worth it!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That sounds like a compressed testing site. That is why it was different.

The ALT tests if a person is able to learn the spanish language. I don't know how effective it or how it works though. All I can say is do not memorize the study guide because the test is different. The study guide only gives you an idea of what the actual test is like.

I'd say a majority of people who do not pass the academy is becuase they weren't prepared or did not understand what they were getting into. Usually they quit because of PT.

Comment

Wheeeewwwww!

My friend, The Border Patrol Test woops my NALGAS! I've attempted to take it 5 times now. It's either pass or fail and they don't give you any other information other than that. If you want more info about the test scores, you have to contact the Minnesota testing center.

They have two parts to the the test.

Logical Reasoning, and I can pass this portion no problem.

Spanish or Artificial Language, I keep taking the Artificial Language and the closest I've come to passing is missing it by 6 points. If you have your test booklet study guide you can see how difficult it is.

My old Marine Corp roomate and still best friend to this day is an Agent, and he said the reason most potential Agents don't make it out of the Academy is because they can't pass the Language test.

.....They did something different this time (about 1 month ago when I tested)

Normally, we all go in and sit anywhere and take the test. This time, they put the people that were taking the Spanish test on one side of the room and the Artificial language people on the other side. They give us a hour break for lunch while they checked the answers on the tests. When we got back they read our names off and gave the tests back (actually just a piece of paper that says yah, or na) If you pass they ask you to sit down in your seat. If you fail, they ask you to simply leave.

Well, my name starts with "A" , and I am normally the first to be called for everything; but for some reason I was called almost last. When it was all said and done, I would say the majority of the Spanish test takers were still sitting there, and as for the Artificial Language test takers.........................................out of 52 (i counted) 3 were still there.

It's tough, no doubt; but I keep trying because if you get in it's worth it!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

the alternate version ( non-spanish speaking) is not difficult but quite long. make sure you do the practice ALT test. it's exactly the same. i guess it gauges how well you can adapt to a new language. my friend graduated a year ago and is non-spanish speaking. he said it was very intense and difficult since you have to pass it in the academy. on top of the you have two spanish oral board interviews that you have to pass during your probation. he told me that people were fired from probation because of that and had to go back to the academy again. and he also said that some native spanish speakers could not pass the border patrol academy's spanish course... but good luck! they are hiring like crazy..

Comment

What was the dress attire for the compressed testing? It's not specified on the info they gave me. I know you meet with a recruiter afterwards...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11049 users online. 396 members and 10653 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X