300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twilight Careers

I recently left the business world (Sr VP for a Fortune 500 company in California). I managed many B2B business units with over 200 employees (Managers, Sales Teams, Operations Teams, etc).

Prior to my business endeavor, I was a Senior Investigator (Detective) for a major California police department. I left the PD after 15 years to make real money in the business sector. My assignments included Homicide, Child Abuse, Burglary and of course Patrol. I received the Medal of Valor and other awards during my career. I have an Advanced POST certificate and a B.A. in Public Administration.

I absolutely loved each career and I would not have done anything different. I am 52 years young and I am in excellent health. I compete with 20 year olds on the Squash courts. I am still proficient with firearms (I enjoy trips to the local indoor range and I just acquired a Sig 229).

I am considering getting back into law enforcement in a limited role. I am not interested in working the streets (I'll leave that for the young folks). I am not looking to get paid a lot either. I would even consider part-time.

Besides a security guard or TSA job, is there realistically anything out there that could be a good fit and even a challenge? The Fed Reserve Bank gig piqued my interest, as they have no published age limits. Any ideas as to an Agency that does not have an age cap?

Thanks!
    (And best of luck to all who are seeking a career in law enforcement!

Are you looking for a gun-toting position? or a civilian position?

Many departments have Collision Investigators who strictly work fender benders to fatals or Patrol Support Officers who work paper cases with no suspect information.

I might be able to give suggestions if you narrow your criteria for me
    He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
    -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    -- Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by rugermk2 View Post
      Are you looking for a gun-toting position? or a civilian position?

Many departments have Collision Investigators who strictly work fender benders to fatals or Patrol Support Officers who work paper cases with no suspect information.

I might be able to give suggestions if you narrow your criteria for me

No preference at all.
      (I am past the bang-bang shootout stuff though...been there done that!)

Comment

Alright, NoMercy, PMed ya!
        He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
        -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
        -- Hemingway

Comment

I'm not sure about age caps, but perhaps a D.A. investigator may be something you could look into. Many offices are always looking for people.

Comment

If you can pass the run time and other physical fitness req's; CBP is almost always hiring.

Comment

There are a lot of agencies in Ohio that use PT officers, but I don't know about CA. How about an Aux. Sheriff's Deputy? Have you looked at universities and colleges?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10767 users online. 381 members and 10386 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X