300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Qs

Just a quick question. Can a B.I. compare notes with other B.I.'s? I'm just wondering because the dates on one packet may be different from other packets if you don't write the info down or if it was something from years ago and have no clue what the exact dates are. I've heard a B.I. cannot tell another B.I. the details of their investigation, only a basic summary why the candidate either did or did not make it through. Is that true?

Short answer, if you fail a BI with one agency and list as having applied to that agency with another on an application, they will certainly call said agency to ascertain why. Say you failed the poly, if you dont list it on the application with the present agency hope they dont dig {which they will} into other agencies in the surrounding area to see if you've applied with them and what the outcome was. Just be honest and come clean with everything, no matter how small. Let the chips fall where they may. Having a less than perfect background and admitting it is better than having a "normal" background and lying about a minor incident.
    Last edited by nateljen80; 08-15-2007, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nateljen80 View Post
      Short answer, if you fail a BI with one agency and list as having applied to that agency with another on an application, they will certainly call said agency to ascertain why. Say you failed the poly, if you dont list it on the application with the present agency hope they dont dig {which they will} into other agencies in the surrounding area to see if you've applied with them and what the outcome was. Just be honest and come clean with everything, no matter how small. Let the chips fall where they may. Having a less than perfect background and admitting it is better than having a "normal" background and lying about a minor incident.
      Exactly right on all of the above.

Policies obviously vary widely between states and departments. I have contacted other investigators from other departments and obtained very detailed information about why they DQ'ed somebody. Different agencies may or may not view the same issue as an auto DQ, though. Dates of incidents probably won't be a big deal if the omission or mix-up is understandable and explained thoroughly by the applicant. Yes, we do talk to each other. No, it is not always to the detriment of an applicant.

Good luck in your endeavors.
      He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
      -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
      -- Hemingway

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I was never DQ'd by the dept.; I passed the background. The Lt who selected applicants from those who passed the background didn't select me to move on based upon a few circumstances from my past, which will only be cured with time.

I'm just wondering if a BI can "see" other investigators who dug or will only know if you list them on the background packets. I'm not worried or trying to hide anything as I know truth is the best and only policy. Just curious on background process.

Comment

Originally posted by doubleup View Post
          I'm just wondering if a BI can "see" other investigators who dug or will only know if you list them on the background packets. I'm not worried or trying to hide anything as I know truth is the best and only policy. Just curious on background process.
          If you were fingerprinted as part of the prior background process, the fact that you applied to that agency will show up on your rap sheet and be know to your current BI. Because you signed confidentiality waivers as part of your current background, they will grant your BI access to prior background investigation poackages. However, should they contain negative information, that in itself will not be grounds for DQ. Your current BI will first have to independently verify the information and even then, whatever it is will have to meet the criteria for DQ with your current agency.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12778 users online. 481 members and 12297 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X