Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanting to go 10-8 again

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wanting to go 10-8 again

    Here is the two cent version of my problem. I graduated a Southern California Sheriff's Academy in 04/2006. I went on patrol from 04/06 to 09/06. I did not pass phase training, due to map book orientation/ location. I also had a conflict with the FTO admin on the way they let me go. I resigned in lieu of term.

    The FTO admin. told me when I left the PD I would never work in law enforcement as long as he was around. By GOD he was right!!!! I have tested for multiple departments and have passed every phase of the hiring process. As soon as my BI goes to inquire to the PD they slander me all over the place. Things which are true, but are really blown out of proportion. Hold on..... before you say I am blaming the PD, understand I take full responsibility for my problems in the field and have corrected them.

    It is wrong of the PD to keep making my life a living HELL! If they don't want me that's cool, but let me prove myself with another agency.

    Anyway if there is any background SGT's, Investigator's, or Recruiters in California that are interested in an academy trained person, please PM me.

    Sorry so long..... Stay Safe everyone

  • #2
    A word of advice, the longer your list of PD/SD rejections due to a background investigation the worse chances you have of getting hired anywhere. My suggestion is to start out with a small non-traditional law enforcement agency such as airport police (not LAX) or community college police. Get yourself a good reputation and lateral out or stay. Good luck. Oh yeah, if you start bad mouthing your old PD to a background investigator the red flag will go up. Be honest, upfront and take all of the responsibilty.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SOCALCOP View Post
      A word of advice, the longer your list of PD/SD rejections due to a background investigation the worse chances you have of getting hired anywhere. My suggestion is to start out with a small non-traditional law enforcement agency such as airport police (not LAX) or community college police. Get yourself a good reputation and lateral out or stay. Good luck. Oh yeah, if you start bad mouthing your old PD to a background investigator the red flag will go up. Be honest, upfront and take all of the responsibilty.
      Out of curiosity, why not LAX (LAWA PD)? I'm not affiliated with the department, but have been in contact with many of them and have seen them (having worked in and around LAX for the past year).

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sinthetiq View Post
        Out of curiosity, why not LAX (LAWA PD)? I'm not affiliated with the department, but have been in contact with many of them and have seen them (having worked in and around LAX for the past year).
        My advice was for a small agency, LAXPD is not small. That is the only reason. Also this guy may want to become a Reserve Officer for a while to again build up a good reputation. I don't see an agency refusing to allow him to volunteer his time as a peace officer, they wont be paying him.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by hulakai View Post
          Here is the two cent version of my problem. I graduated a Southern California Sheriff's Academy in 04/2006. I went on patrol from 04/06 to 09/06. I did not pass phase training, due to map book orientation/ location. I also had a conflict with the FTO admin on the way they let me go. I resigned in lieu of term.

          The FTO admin. told me when I left the PD I would never work in law enforcement as long as he was around. By GOD he was right!!!! I have tested for multiple departments and have passed every phase of the hiring process. As soon as my BI goes to inquire to the PD they slander me all over the place. Things which are true, but are really blown out of proportion. Hold on..... before you say I am blaming the PD, understand I take full responsibility for my problems in the field and have corrected them.

          It is wrong of the PD to keep making my life a living HELL! If they don't want me that's cool, but let me prove myself with another agency.

          Anyway if there is any background SGT's, Investigator's, or Recruiters in California that are interested in an academy trained person, please PM me.

          Sorry so long..... Stay Safe everyone
          Prior to my retirement, I was an FTO Supervisor. The map/book orientation phase ,poses a problem for quite a few recruit officers. Most FTO programs offer a remedial period in which to correct deficiencies. Obviously, I can't pass on the merits of your situation. I would agree totally with those Officers who have advised you to apply at other agencies. I agree, as well, with the advice not to "bad rap" the department you resigned from. At the end of the day, that agency will still be there, and you'll still be looking for a job. I totally understand your frustration at the situation you're in. That includes the temptation to rant against the department. As a practical matter, that does send up a pretty big "red flag" with a BI. The result is, you're toast. I grew up in So. Cal, and I know there are numerous agencies in the area. You'll probably be a good fit with one of them. Keep applying, and good luck.

          Comment


          • #6
            ------------
            Last edited by alienbow; 04-20-2008, 05:05 AM.
            www.amyandwandasrants.blogspot.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks for all of the advice. I will continue on and hope one dept will give me a shot. It's like a new band trying to get a break with some air play of their song.... lol

              Comment


              • #8
                play your politics.. dont just sit around and hope for things to happen.

                Comment


                • #9
                  -----------
                  Last edited by alienbow; 04-20-2008, 05:04 AM.
                  www.amyandwandasrants.blogspot.com

                  Comment

                  MR300x250 Tablet

                  Collapse

                  What's Going On

                  Collapse

                  There are currently 11745 users online. 402 members and 11343 guests.

                  Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                  Welcome Ad

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X