300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some automatic DQs?

I'm looking over the polygraph packet for an agency I'm applying for and I am wondering besides past drug use (I only tried pot a few times in HS) what else are automatic DQs. For example I tried to forge a check when I was 17, trespassed on private land a few times, and when I was 18 I went to a "Massage Parlor" will these things DQ me?

If I am just honest and they were a few years back and I have a clean record since then and have excelled at sensitive jobs thats require strong integrity etc.

We all make mistakes, but what mistakes are unforgivable to LE?

Automatic DQs vary from state to state and department to department. Most department websites have auto DQs listed on the employment and recruitment sections. Also most states have some sort of training commission guidelines that list all the DQs.

Comment

i would assume hardcord drugs , felonies, horrible credit, and more

Comment

Automatic DQ's.

Originally posted by prater View Post
        I'm looking over the polygraph packet for an agency I'm applying for and I am wondering besides past drug use (I only tried pot a few times in HS) what else are automatic DQs. For example I tried to forge a check when I was 17, trespassed on private land a few times, and when I was 18 I went to a "Massage Parlor" will these things DQ me?

If I am just honest and they were a few years back and I have a clean record since then and have excelled at sensitive jobs thats require strong integrity etc.

We all make mistakes, but what mistakes are unforgivable to LE?
        Most agencies will automatically DQ for:
        1) Any Felony Conviction.
        2) Any crime of "moral turpitude"
        3).Any use, even one time, of:
        a) Cocaine-any form
        b).Mushrooms-"Shrooms".
        c).Heroin
        d) Any hard mind altering drug.

Constant use of marijuana will also be a DQ with most, if not all agencies. Any arrest, for Domestic Violence, or sometimes, being only the subject of a Protective Order, will result in a DQ, as your ability to carry a firearm is lost.

Any arrests, criminal or traffic, which evidence a pattern of disregard/disrespect for the law can be a DQ as well. The list above, is not all inclusive, but is pretty well illustrative of the standards most agencies maintain. The standards are also mandated by state law in many cases, and a local agency will have no authority to waive the standard.

Comment

I think it depends on how old you are now (how much time has passed since your negative actions). The drug policy for many agencies is becoming very lenient it seems. I'd say your forged check incident is going to be the worst part of your PHS. Were you cited for the massage parlor and check incidents?

Oh, and bad credit isn't necessarily an automatic DQ. I know officers with BK's and repos before they were hired. I think it would mainly depend upon how many other better qualified candidates there were at the time, and the immediate needs of the department.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4553 users online. 251 members and 4302 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X