300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice 1811

Anyone else who put in for this by e-mailing your resume to a local SAC get a reply to report for an "initial interview?" I was expecting a PIN or something. Think they'll give me a PIN when I get there?
    He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
    -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    -- Hemingway

They'll give you a pin if you pass the initial interview.

Comment

Hmmm. Okay. I guess I just thought it was odd because I thought they handed those out without requiring an interview. Oh well. I guess we'll see what happens.
      He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
      -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
      -- Hemingway

Comment

Do you need a degree to apply for 1811 ICE job?

Comment

each SAC does it differently. some may interview some may not. i had one over the phone! as i understand it's either degree or some years relevant work experience. not sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by rugermk2 View Post
            Hmmm. Okay. I guess I just thought it was odd because I thought they handed those out without requiring an interview. Oh well. I guess we'll see what happens.

I didn't have one for my pin, but some do. If you don't get it for whatever reason, maybe you can call up another office and they might give you one...

Comment

Originally posted by Convo View Post
              Yes. Part of the message I received read thus: "The minimum requirements to be competitive for the current recruiting emphasis for the Special Agent, GS-1811 position, are as follows. You must posses a BA/BS degree, three years of law enforcement experience in the criminal investigative arena, or a combination of the two. Keep in mind that law enforcement experience in general does not meet the criteria as criminal investigative experience. Additionally, you must be at least 21 years of age and no more than 37 years of age at time of appointment."
              -- Nietzsche

-- Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Convo View Post
                Yes....plus some significant work experience....as you will be competing with folks that have advanced degrees, military, Local/State/Federal LE experience....or a combination of all that......

Comment

Question about the Los Angeles SAC...

Is the initial interview over the phone?

And should one expect questions like, "Why do you want to be a Special Agent with ICE?"... etc...

And while I'm asking questions, I'll throw this one out too: Is it plausible that ICE would hire an 1811 without sworn LE experience but with a master's degree?
                  Focused Recruit

Comment

Originally posted by Stugotz View Post
                    Is it plausible that ICE would hire an 1811 without sworn LE experience but with a master's degree?
                    Perhaps.....you never know.....but you do have to realize about the level of talent that your going against that has may have a masters....plus LE experience or other 1811 experience.....

Worst they can do is say no, tell you what you need to tighten up on, and go from there.....

Comment

Anything is possible. I know an ICE Special Agent (hired within the last year) who does NOT have a college degree, however he has significant law enforcement experience. At the same time, I have met several ICE 1811's who came on board with no prior LE experience.

But as Bearcat357 said, there are alot of EXPERIENCED folks with years of LE experience AND college degrees trying to get on board with ICE. Add to the mix, there are current experienced 1811's from other agencies looking to transfer to ICE. For them, all they need to do is complete the ICESAT add-on training and they are ready to hit the ground running. 1811 jobs can be very competitive...

Comment

I passed the interview with just a BA and no experience so who knows...

Comment

I called the Boston SAC last month and got a recording stating that the hiring process ended in June 07 and will resume this september 07. I sent my resume and cover letter, no 612, at that time. I called last week to get an update and expected to get the recording again but got someone live (maybe a secretary, she didnt introduce with a title just ICE boston office). i asked for the SAC of recruiting and she said what can i help you with. i asked if they got my resume, where the hiring stands, and they said yes and just to wait until sept. if i have the proper experience and credentials, i will get a call from a recrutier....looks like more waiting. I have two Bachelors one in operations management, and one in Info systems management, 21 credits into a masters of criminal justice, 3 years in corrections, and 3 in law enforcement, no military. so far all that means nothing.

zxcvbnm what questions did the interview consist of, how long was it, and did u have it right after you sent your resume in?
                          Last edited by TigerWoody; 07-28-2007, 11:49 PM.
                          "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

Don't think too many people will give up much about the interview. When going in, you sign a non-disclosure agreement saying you won't talk about the interview. If you do, you'll be removed from the process. Kind of a standard agreement in many of the fed agencies.

As far as when you have it. Some Offices will give a brief interview once you send your application in to see if you'll get a PIN just to take the test. Some will just send you the PIN based on your resume. But the Structured Interview won't be until you pass the test.

Comment

Thanks!

This is great info! I'm still debating whether to apply for PD/sheriff vs. 1811. I'm not getting any younger and I'm eager to begin a career in sworn law enforcement. We'll see. I'll keep the board posted.
                              Focused Recruit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7690 users online. 412 members and 7278 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X