Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kinghaas
    replied
    reasearch is not bad. there is no way to beat it. if you are that nervous and need to know how to beat it you are either going o lie, or are absolutely a nervous person. just tell the truth.

Leave a comment:

• MSoCal
    replied
    Originally posted by gunslash View Post
    What if you have looked on the internet on "how to beat a polygraph"? I think I downloaded the booklet and just perused through it for 10-15 minutes before losing interest, should that be a big deal if that question comes up? I didn't have any intention of lying, was just curious to see what it's all about. I've nothing to hide and don't have a problem admitting to this...it is legal after all to read stuff.
    You should be ok, just tell the polygrapher the truth only if he asks. He may not even ask you (some just dont because they are highly trained to recognize countermeasures)
    If they do ask, and you tell them, they will be looking harder for movements that may show countermeasures.
    Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• gunslash
    replied
    What if you have looked on the internet on "how to beat a polygraph"? I think I downloaded the booklet and just perused through it for 10-15 minutes before losing interest, should that be a big deal if that question comes up? I didn't have any intention of lying, was just curious to see what it's all about. I've nothing to hide and don't have a problem admitting to this...it is legal after all to read stuff.

Leave a comment:

• tua
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt218 View Post
    You researched how to beat and/or deceive the poly? Or did they ask if you've researched the poly? Two different things.
    I told them I wanted to know what I was getting myself into so I researched how the whole thing worked. I also told them in the course of reading up on the poly I came across countermeasures and what they were but did not read into how to apply them because I honestly had no intention of lying or beating the test.

Leave a comment:

• Protect-N-Serve
    replied
    They asked me if I researched any methods of deception, lieing, etc etc etc.

He asked if I was firmiliar with how a polygraph works, and told him I read about it on wikipedia, and these forums. He asked if I had researched it a little, told him yes. He asked if I had researched methods of deception, lieing, blah blah.
    Examiner: Did you research any methods of deception?

Matt: Yes Sir, I researched the definition of deception and lie and found out exactly what they mean.

Examiner: I meant for the polygraph.

Matt: I looked on wikipedia, but those darn liberals posted stuff about lying and cheating the polygraph and I had to look away, my conservative eyes were hurt so much!

Examiner looks at readings and sees that Matt is telling the truth: Holy garfield, you're telling the truth. Dude with conservative eyes, you should be a politician, not a police officer, nevertheless, you pass!

----

Btw it looks like you're almost complete with your process, congrats on getting this far and keep us all updated on how the rest of it goes.

Leave a comment:

• Matt218
    replied
    They asked me if I researched any methods of deception, lieing, etc etc etc.

He asked if I was firmiliar with how a polygraph works, and told him I read about it on wikipedia, and these forums. He asked if I had researched it a little, told him yes. He asked if I had researched methods of deception, lieing, blah blah.

Leave a comment:

• Protect-N-Serve
    replied
    I also admitted I researched a little, passed with no problems. It all depends on the demeanor of you and the examiner. The reason I researched was to understand the machine, not to trick it.

Leave a comment:

• Matt218
    replied
    You researched how to beat and/or deceive the poly? Or did they ask if you've researched the poly? Two different things.

Leave a comment:

• tua
    replied
    They will ask if you've researched, whether online, in books, or through other people, any way to deceive or beat the polygraph. Don't be the one who says "yeah, I did". Any trust they have will be shot down the toilet.

Even AFTER the poly, I don't think they fully trust.
    I admitted to researching the polygraph and passed on two separate occasions.

Leave a comment:

• Matt218
    replied
    They will ask if you've researched, whether online, in books, or through other people, any way to deceive or beat the polygraph. Don't be the one who says "yeah, I did". Any trust they have will be shot down the toilet.

Even AFTER the poly, I don't think they fully trust.

Leave a comment:

• Protect-N-Serve
    replied
    There are websites that explain what the polygraph is all about, however I discourage you from bothering with them, just follow your examiners directions and you should do alright. Go in there knowing you'll be nervous no matter what, but don't overthink the questions they give you, as they are yes/no, not maybes. If you start thinking in the maybe it'll be no if it counts that one time at band camp.... you get what I'm trying to say, clear up any mishaps with the examiner on a certain subject prior to actually taking it, he will review the questions he will ask before administrating the test to you, thus you should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• tryingtocomebac
    replied
    how about the psychological

any info out there on how to prepare for this test

Leave a comment:

• Protect-N-Serve
    replied
    It's pretty simple, they give you a questionare to fill out prior to getting strapped in, and before you're strapped in, they even ask you if there's anything else they should know prior. Just make sure to clear up any mishaps then and there, after the polygraph, you'll have to do write ups for anything else that spikes the machine.

Leave a comment:

• tactical208
    replied
    It's only a polygraph fr crying out loud. Wear a suit, be professional and tell the truth. If you smoked weed and they ask that question, tell them yes I smoked weed. It's not a big deal so don't make it one.

Leave a comment:

• Matt218
    replied
    Say it's been years. I think that one was kind of easy. They asked me when the last time I got drunk was and couldn't even remember. They like specific dates, so if you can remember the year, and what the weather was like outside, thats usually good enough when its more than a few years back.

You guys are getting really nervous over a silly machine.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11138 users online. 408 members and 10730 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X