300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Enforcement Officer

Anyone know much about this position or know anyone who currently works in this capacity?

From another website.....

Originally posted by another LE website
    It is a very good job. The position now goes to a journeyman GS-13. We receive 25% AUO (along with FLSA) and it is a 6c covered position. Most of our time is spent setting up locations to facilitate electronic surveillance. We assist other local,state, and federal agencies with electronic surveillance operations. As a result, we travel quite a bit. We also do covert surveillance, prisoner transports, search warrants, interviews, and any other law enforcement duties as assigned by our GS. The only problem is that you are expected to have some experience in this field prior to selection. If you have no previous experience, it can be overwhelming since we do a lot of court authorized covert entries. And the best part is no assigned cases
    Originally posted by another LE website
    There are approximately 80 of us nationwide. We are assigned to most SAC offices throughout the US. Some of our personnel are even assigned to smaller RAC offices. As far as being a stepping stone to 1811, I have never known of a TEO (1801) to convert to 1811 since we enjoy all of the same benefits as the agents. For example, our position is now a GS-13 journeyman level. We have full arrest authority, take home GOV, 24 hour carry, and several TEOs are assigned to various federal task forces.

Like XXXXXX said, it is a lot of covert entries into some unique locations. We have done some pretty creative things to get the job done. Overall it is really an interesting job since each operation presents its own unique challenges to be successful. One must be creative in performing these operations. All of the TEOs that I know had prior experience at either the local, state, or federal level. According to our GS, our division will be bringing on an additional 40 TEOs (nationwide) after Oct 1 as the number of agents increase in ICE.
    Last edited by Bearcat357; 07-24-2007, 11:49 PM.

Comment

i also have applied for this position

My brother who is 1811 in atlanta told me about this job and it souded really interesting. Since i have experience with this stuff on a local level i feel i should have a good chance. Anyone out there who is on this forum and can give a more detail insight to the job that would be great. Also will testing for IEA transfer over or is a total seperate testing process?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4676 users online. 241 members and 4435 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X