Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just my two cents...I whole-heartedly agree that badges that say "officer" coupled with DHS are not needed for TSA screeners. But to answer the above poster, the difference between say Wackenhut security and TSA screeners, is the fact that Wackenhut, as contracted by the Dep't of Energy (for example), is provided law enforcement authority through the Atomic Energy Act. In addition, many are also given state deputization/authority while acting on DOE property in that state. Therefore, Wackenhut security agents can, and somtimes do, have LEO status (albeit very limited). I truly don't think the issue here has to do with LEO's feeling like their "authority" is getting belittled. It has much more to do with the fact that by simply inscribing the words, "Transportation Security Agency," and "Screener," instead of "Officer," and "DHS," many of the aforementioned problems would be remedied.

Comment

• I agree.....with your version...to make it eaiser they should leave everything the same and just replace officer with something else like....lets call it baggage checker!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

But I am looking at the whole picture....give em the darn badges and wait for the ones who are gonna do it to screw it up, then they will be arrested and lose their job. In my mind those are the ones who should have never got the job in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by copter View Post
        Ok, I think everyone is aware you don't approve of the new TSA uniform. Go arrest some of the real criminals out there and stop beating this dead horse. You would think you will get some sort of metal for arresting a TSO that impersonates a LEO (which most likely will never happen to you)
        What's that.....?

Comment

• Originally posted by FED2BE View Post
          I think the public has enough brains to know if someone in uniform has no gun they are not law enforcement....I know i know....

You obviously do not work with the public. A person is intelligent. People are stupid.

I worked security prior to becoming a CO. You would not believe the number of times I had some people state to me that "I pay your salary." And this was in NY, where we have square badges. I was not armed. People see a uniform and badge and automatically assume authority. Which is its intended purpose!

I am sure someone will pull it, but i am also certian the majority won't. It is not professional i know, but neither is flashing your LE badge to avoid paying a cover charge at a bar like plenty of my LE buddies do, that is tacky.
          Completely agreed that it's tacky. However, they EARNED their shield, and the authority it represents. If they're willing to merc themselves out as security (cause the bar owner WILL be willing to put them to use), that's their and their dept's problem.

But I am looking at the whole picture....give em the darn badges and wait for the ones who are gonna do it to screw it up, then they will be arrested and lose their job. In my mind those are the ones who should have never got the job in the first place.
          How about we NOT put other people's lives and safety in jeopardy for some asinine stunt?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
            What's that.....?
            There he goes again the pot calling the kettle black.
            It does not surprise me you could not figure it out. (medal)
            Try looking at some of your post before you stick your foot in your mouth.
            Case in point: Whats this, answere?arguement?

Comment

There he goes again the pot calling the kettle black.
              It does not surprise me you could not figure it out. (medal)
              Try looking at some of your post before you stick your foot in your mouth.
              Case in point: Whats this, answere?arguement?
              Of course....you've got 20 some posts......and they are all defending an Agency that you claim you don't work for.......

Out of the 1000 or so posts I have....I am sure there is a mistake or two when it comes to typing........big deal......

So....why are you here arguing about Screeners needing badges and new uniforms.....since you claim you don't work at BWI for them.....?

Go back to your hole....as your trolling.....

Comment

Of course....you've got 20 some posts......and they are all defending an Agency that you claim you don't work for.......
                Yes, and your point is? I see nothing wrong with their badge and uniform and you do. Do you work for them?

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                Out of the 1000 or so posts I have....I am sure there is a mistake or two when it comes to typing........big deal......:
                I see, it's not ok for anyone else seeing you bashed 2 on this thread alone for mispelling a word anyone with any sense could figure what was meant. Who's "trolling"?

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                So....why are you here arguing about Screeners needing badges and new uniforms.....since you claim you don't work at BWI for them.....?

Go back to your hole....as your trolling.....
                Again do you work for them? Again who's "trolling"? and what "hole" are you referring to?

Comment

Yes, and your point is? I see nothing wrong with their badge and uniform and you do.
                  Because it makes you look like either a liar or a fool..... A liar for actually being a screener and lying about your occupation......or a fool for defending the decision to spend a ton of money on things that are not needed.....when others on here have agreed that it's a freaking waste of taxpayers money....

Originally posted by copter View Post
                  Do you work for them?
                  You're being ignorant.....as I have stated who I work for multiple times.....including this thread.....

Originally posted by copter View Post
                  Again do you work for them? Again who's "trolling"? and what "hole" are you referring to?
                  You're trolling.....anyone that comes on stating they are a "PI" then only response to posts about TSA getting badges is lying about their occupation....... and makes you a troll....

You're on ignore....so have fun talking to yourself......

Comment

• I started this thread to see what LEO's thought about our new uniforms and badges. I can understand LEO's fears that TSO will be using their badge incorrectly. And I can understand the members who see Bad TSO and think we are all like that. To those members, you are wrong, we deal with adminstrations at best is indifferent to us. And you wonder why we act the way we do. We are forced to recert for our jobs every quarter, and we don't get raises or bonuses. we come to work and are demeaned, degraded and verbally abused and all we can do is call for a supervisor.
                    So you LEO's don't like us or respect us, GET OVER IT, Because we do you wont do for alot less than you would

Thank you,
                    Tsapalmsprings,
                    P.S. Anybody has issue with what i said, don't hesitate to PM and We can discuss it

Comment

Because it makes you look like either a liar or a fool..... A liar for actually being a screener and lying about your occupation......or a fool for defending the decision to spend a ton of money on things that are not needed.....when others on here have agreed that it's a freaking waste of taxpayers money....

You're being ignorant.....as I have stated who I work for multiple times.....including this thread.....

You're trolling.....anyone that comes on stating they are a "PI" then only response to posts about TSA getting badges is lying about their occupation....... and makes you a troll....

You're on ignore....so have fun talking to yourself......
                      You are obviously someone who thinks he is always right and gets offended when disagreed with, you don't work for TSA and your against new uniforms and badges and I don't work for TSA and think there is nothing wrong with new uniforms and badges. A waste of money is a very poor argument seeing how the gov wastes money. Now you resort to name calling? Calling me a fool for disagreeing with you? and a liar because I'm a PI?
                      I truly feel sorry for your co-workers.
                      Oh, I forgot the baby put me on ignore.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12189 users online. 409 members and 11780 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X