300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cadet2020 View Post
    Passed the agility exam....surprisingly a good amount of people didn't pass for minor reasons...such as not enough sit-ups...or the stretch, which took many by surprise...now comes the panel interview...does anyone have any good advice for this part of the process? I have heard it's probably the most difficult part since they pick whoever they want...but I also heard its a great LE job...There were a lot of NYPD candidates @ the agility exam...do they have an advantage..? Anyone out there who participated in the MTAPD panel interview? Any info would greatly be appreciated...
    mm its basically an interview, they ask you some questions like why do you want to be a po? why did you choose the mta? and what can you offer the mta and things like that, the MTA is a great job you work 3 12hours shift and than rotate to 4 12hours shift a week, my friend works at pen station he just stands at his post the whole day because he works the 7am-7pm shift but if you work the 7pm-7am shift you will see some type of action in the subways. you might be at a disavantage(I might be wrong but I wish you luck) competing against current NYPD officers because they are certified already so they wouldn't have to go to the academy again(because the MTA new hires go thru the NYPD academy along with the NYPD recruits, because the MTA doesn't have their own academy)
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Mtapd

oh great...yea there were alot of NYPD cops going for the MTAPD...and without knowing someone...or a transfer...is it possible to still get hired?

Comment

oh great...yea there were alot of NYPD cops going for the MTAPD...and without knowing someone...or a transfer...is it possible to still get hired?
        maybe I dunno, My friend didn't know anyone and he was hire by MTAPD but he's x-military so I dunno if that helped, but just keep going with the process and who knows you might get it.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Mtapd

Yea ...military is still an important extra tool.....I wouldn't be surprised if that was what helped the candidate out....but thanks for the info...

Comment

Don't give up Cadet2020. I am also in the running for MTAPD. I just took my exam last Saturday. You never know.

Yea ...military is still an important extra tool.....I wouldn't be surprised if that was what helped the candidate out....but thanks for the info...

Comment

Originally posted by NYState of Mind View Post
              Don't give up Cadet2020. I am also in the running for MTAPD. I just took my exam last Saturday. You never know.
              good luck, which exam did you take last sat??? please don't tell me it was the written :-( because I've been looking everywhere for the damn test lol.
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

No, it was the physical agility exam. I don't think they have any notices out yet for an exam.

Comment

Originally posted by NYState of Mind View Post
                  No, it was the physical agility exam. I don't think they have any notices out yet for an exam.
                  ooo ok, good luck, my friend that's MTAPD officer says maybe next year they will give another test he's not sure so I'm always checking their website.
                  "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Mtapd

Yea...I believe next year there might be a new exam....since I overheard people say the agility for the 2004 exam was coming to an end....

Comment

Cadet2020 when is your interview setup for MTA?

Comment

MTA Police

@ the end of Sept...what about yours...?

Comment

Mine is next week.

@ the end of Sept...what about yours...?

Comment

Mtapd

Anyone had their panel yet...? Any pointers..?

Comment

MTA Police

Anything new...???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10069 users online. 397 members and 9672 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X