300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTA Police (NYC)

Recently received an invitation for the Agility testing...does anyone know how its conducted and how long the process is after that one step.....?

I'll get back to you on that tomorrow, I'll ask my friend that is a MTA cop. its cake job you work 3days a week 3 12hours shift.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by Cadet2020 View Post
      Recently received an invitation for the Agility testing...does anyone know how its conducted and how long the process is after that one step.....?
      Great Gig.. Im close friends with quite a few MTA guys. look below its exacty as they write it. Good Luck and keep us posted in the NY section of the forum.
      PHYSICAL FITNESS SCREENING TEST
      Candidates who are invited to take the Physical Fitness Screening Test will be required to perform push-ups, sit ups, and a Flex-test, and to run 1.5 miles, using the Cooper Standard for Physical Fitness.

Push-ups
      Complete as many push-ups as possible within one minute.

Sit-ups
      Complete as many bent knee sit-ups as possible within one minute.

Flex Test
      While in a sitting position on the ground with feet flat against a Flex Tester Machine, the candidate must push as far as possible the measuring device toward his/her toes with his/her fingertips.

1.5 Mile Run
      Candidate will run 1.5 miles on a designated track to achieve his/her best time.
      "Stuck with the tag until further notice"

Waiting.......would be nice before I was completely gray.

Comment

Originally posted by POCHEDDAR View Post
        Great Gig.. Im close friends with quite a few MTA guys. look below its exacty as they write it. Good Luck and keep us posted in the NY section of the forum.
        PHYSICAL FITNESS SCREENING TEST
        Candidates who are invited to take the Physical Fitness Screening Test will be required to perform push-ups, sit ups, and a Flex-test, and to run 1.5 miles, using the Cooper Standard for Physical Fitness.

Push-ups
        Complete as many push-ups as possible within one minute.

Sit-ups
        Complete as many bent knee sit-ups as possible within one minute.

Flex Test
        While in a sitting position on the ground with feet flat against a Flex Tester Machine, the candidate must push as far as possible the measuring device toward his/her toes with his/her fingertips.

1.5 Mile Run
        Candidate will run 1.5 miles on a designated track to achieve his/her best time.
        yup yup he got it down packed, my friend told me the same thing.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MTA Police

hey guys thanks for the info....but how would you know if you pass....all it asks is your best time...and best sets....?

Comment

MTAPD is NOT civil service they can pass and fail whoever they want, and can go in any order on the list to get to who they want. I am not posting this to discourage but to inform those who may have their sights set on MTAPD. However even though you may not know someone you may still be hired, so this is one of those jobs where you have absolutley no idea where you stand until 1. You sign your conditional offer of employment and 2. You are sworn in.

Good luck though.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc2235 View Post
              MTAPD is NOT civil service they can pass and fail whoever they want, and can go in any order on the list to get to who they want. I am not posting this to discourage but to inform those who may have their sights set on MTAPD. However even though you may not know someone you may still be hired, so this is one of those jobs where you have absolutley no idea where you stand until 1. You sign your conditional offer of employment and 2. You are sworn in.

Good luck though.

yup yup my friend that is a MTA cop said that too and also said if I take the test and get called for processing he can put in a word for me to help me.
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

"yup yup my friend that is a MTA cop said that too and also said if I take the test and get called for processing he can put in a word for me to help me."

what rank is he, a couple years ago (cant remember exactly when but must have been about 5-8 years ago) my cousin applied for MTAPD got a real good grade, and even knew a deputy chief from MTAPD and was never even called for further processing. It really depends on how many family members of MTAPD bosses take the test, and they will hire them first, before anyone else gets the job.

Comment

*deleted post*
                  Last edited by John2008; 07-26-2007, 01:23 PM. Reason: Took someones advise :)
                  "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Mtapd

Ohh..ok...thanks for the info.....I see what everybody means when they say ...they just pick who they want...all the forms strictly say...
                    "Please note that passing one or more steps in the hiring process does not guarantee selection for further steps in the process"...

You really can't depend on their hiring process....

Comment

Ohh..ok...thanks for the info.....I see what everybody means when they say ...they just pick who they want...all the forms strictly say...
                      "Please note that passing one or more steps in the hiring process does not guarantee selection for further steps in the process"...

You really can't depend on their hiring process....
                      Maybe you should slip your invstigator a few geets.)
                      retired cop

Comment

Mta

Geets? lol

Comment

MTA Police

Anybody here who has taken the MTA Police agility or is going to take it in the next couple of weeks..?

Comment

Anybody here who has taken the MTA Police agility or is going to take it in the next couple of weeks..?
                            this girl I know took it and she passed a couple months ago back, since than she has started running with me and she can't really run more than 1mile with out stopping. I think they also do the JST with the NYPD guys at the same time since its the same academy for the PT.
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MTA Police

Passed the agility exam....surprisingly a good amount of people didn't pass for minor reasons...such as not enough sit-ups...or the stretch, which took many by surprise...now comes the panel interview...does anyone have any good advice for this part of the process? I have heard it's probably the most difficult part since they pick whoever they want...but I also heard its a great LE job...There were a lot of NYPD candidates @ the agility exam...do they have an advantage..? Anyone out there who participated in the MTAPD panel interview? Any info would greatly be appreciated...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3991 users online. 195 members and 3796 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X