300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Park Police or CBP?

If you had to pick, would you go with USPP or CBP (OFO)? I understand that USPP is more “traditional police work” compared to CBP. Sounds like CBP has a substantially hire pay potential (Promotion to GS12 etc).

Both seem like great agencies but I would like some input from you all as to which would be the “better” path to take, as subjective as it may be.

I wouldn’t choose either.

Comment

You are very limited on locations where you can work with USPP (DC, NY, SF) and CBP is near unlimited. For me, you couldn't pay me enough to work in the USPP locations. If location matters, the choice is obvious. If your home/family life is miserable due to living in a tiny over-priced apartment because it's all you can afford, work won't be much fun.

Comment

• Calitown
        Calitown commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly, those three locations are thee worst you could ever pick. I can't even decide which is better.

Park Police states a starting salary of $62,446 - $67,769. That's pretty close to GS-11 starting pay. Much better than the typical OFO GS-05/GS-07 new hire. Is there more money in OFO?

Comment

• Calitown
        Calitown commented
        Editing a comment
        @merlin436
        Yes, in the long run, most definitely. More TDY opportunities, double pay after 8 hours.
        I'd rather go OFO.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2074 users online. 100 members and 1974 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X