NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Background; previous employment references.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Davidzill
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2007

Background; previous employment references.

I have been in the military for the last 8 years, I have my B.I. interview July 11th, and I am filling out the 29-page POST background questionaire. OCSD (Orange County, CA) requires a supervisors contact information with home address, phone number, etc...as well as a co-worker reference with the same information, for every job you have had in your life. Back when I was 16 and 17, I don't even remember what my bosses' names were, let alone the address of these jobs. I did a little investigating on my own. I found out most of my long forgotten "mystery" contacts and references. I found out the name of my supervisor and a person who worked at Rite Aid the same time as me back in 1999, who still works their. However, Rite Aid will not release personal contact info. They said I should just use the contact info of the store, because the B.I. can obtain additional contact info....under no circumstance are they going to give mke some ex-co-workers home address, email, cell and home phone numbers and that is completely understandable. Does any seasones law enforcement veteran or background investigator think that the store contact info will fly instead of home adresses? I can also provide a local HR office contacts for all those jobs.
  • GR217
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2004

Just give the information that you have on the BI. The BI should understand that you worked there several years ago. If they ask just be honest and say you forgot the name of your supervisor from when you were in high school. The BI can call Rite-aid and ask them, if Rite-aid won't give the BI the info, he can't hold that against you. I think you will be fine. Good luck, and thank you for your 8 years of service.

Comment

• PhilipCal
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Davidzill
      I have been in the military for the last 8 years, I have my B.I. interview July 11th, and I am filling out the 29-page POST background questionaire. OCSD (Orange County, CA) requires a supervisors contact information with home address, phone number, etc...as well as a co-worker reference with the same information, for every job you have had in your life. Back when I was 16 and 17, I don't even remember what my bosses' names were, let alone the address of these jobs. I did a little investigating on my own. I found out most of my long forgotten "mystery" contacts and references. I found out the name of my supervisor and a person who worked at Rite Aid the same time as me back in 1999, who still works their. However, Rite Aid will not release personal contact info. They said I should just use the contact info of the store, because the B.I. can obtain additional contact info....under no circumstance are they going to give mke some ex-co-workers home address, email, cell and home phone numbers and that is completely understandable. Does any seasones law enforcement veteran or background investigator think that the store contact info will fly instead of home adresses? I can also provide a local HR office contacts for all those jobs.
      The response from Rite-Aide is pretty standard these days. There are some legal ramifications that have resulted in their release of information policy. On your SPH, provide the address where the Rite Aid HR Dept can be contacted, and take a few moments to explain the situation to your Background Investigator. It's a situation that is pretty common today, and one he/she has probably dealth with before.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17819 users online. 42 members and 17777 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...