Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed PT Test - now what?

----------
    Last edited by FAIRHAV; 12-12-2022, 12:24 PM.

Originally posted by FAIRHAV View Post
    I heard that once you fail the PT test, your done- don't more on. What then? You've accepted this job with a family to support, and benefits. Is it all gone or do you have options to move into another position or agency? Do they offer another chance at FLETC?
    Saved.

Comment

• NolaT
      NolaT commented
      Editing a comment
      Saved in the nick of time,…….you are good!

• Aidokea
      Aidokea commented
      Editing a comment
      I do what I can with what God gave me...

I don’t understand your question.
    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

----------
      Last edited by FAIRHAV; 12-12-2022, 12:25 PM.

Comment

What if you're at FLETC and you don't pass the PT test? Do they recycle you into another class or are you fired? My concern is you get in then what happens if you get that far. Also, do they give you options to transition into another position, or agency, or give you an unemployment slip? There's a lot to lose if you have a family to support. I can't find answer anywhere.
        This really depends on which agency you're talking about and their individual policies. Some agencies offer you more than one opportunity to test during your time at FLETC. For instance, I believe that some have three separate PEB milestones that you take across the academy. You should be able to pass any of those when you arrive at FLETC. If you don't pass the early tests, then I'd imagine that depending on the specific agency policy, they would place you into a category of someone who needs to improve their physical performance. I'm not too sure, but that might be more self-directed extra training - we are adults after all.

Comment

You've accepted this job with a family to support, and benefits. Is it all gone or do you have options to move into another position or agency? Do they offer another chance at FLETC?
          Like everything in the G, the cookie crumbles differently for different people...

Fail the PT test for the A-list agencies, say goodbye to your classmates that morning before you drive out the front gate.

Fail the PT test for the agencies who dabble in LE and think it's kind of amusing, well that wasn't great but you have 12 weeks to improve and try again.

Fail the PT test for the agencies where a BMI of 35+ is common for new hires, the PT test is just for fun or else half the class wouldn't be there on graduation day.

As far as agencies making accommodations and finding another job for you, it doesn't work that way, at least not consistently. You were hired for a specific position and you failed one of the required metrics for that job. Sorry it didn't work out but you were aware of the fitness standards and you failed to meet them. Good luck with future endeavors and maybe next time start hitting the gym and laying off the potato chips several weeks ahead of EODing.
          The best people possess a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risks, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice. Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; they are often wounded, sometimes destroyed.

-Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Varies wildly by agency. For example, CBPOs, I was out there on the track with my agency when they were doing the retake, last chance, about to graduate PT test for them. And a bunch of their trainees failed. Which is a do not pass go, you were about to graduate but now you're going home outcome. I can't imagine being at FLETC for six months and then not being able to pass, and now at 99% (they graduated the following week), you go home.

Anyways, for them, it was grounds to be terminated. Knowing CBPO'S union, the kid will be back in the next class. But on paper, they would be terminated.

My point is the answer isn't universal across the board, and even when there is an answer in black and white, that doesn't mean that's the outcome.

But absolutely no one here will be able to answer your question, other than your own agency. And even if we could, you didn't even tell us what agency you are/were with, so how would you expect us to be able to help you?

UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Originally posted by IroqouisB View Post
              I don’t understand your question.
              Agreed,…….,,

You’ve posted twice, with little to no detail on your background, circumstances, and what you’re really asking. Make one last post providing full details with background info, leading up to the job.

It sounds as if you took a job, contingent on passing a basic PT test, then didn’t take the PT passing seriously, failed, now are unsure of who to blame?

It’s Monday morning, and I’ve had no coffee yet, but WTF, you knew passing the PT was important, correct?!?

Comment

What if you're at FLETC and you don't pass the PT test? Do they recycle you into another class or are you fired? My concern is you get in then what happens if you get that far. Also, do they give you options to transition into another position, or agency, or give you an unemployment slip? There's a lot to lose if you have a family to support. I can't find answer anywhere.
                "What if"?

Did you fail your PT test or not?

What element of the test did you fail?

What is the standard, and how much did you fail by?

Comment

Hey hey hey…don’t be mean. Gen Z on up are to be treated with kindness and fluffy pillows. That’s the real world.

Comment

I heard that once you fail the PT test, your done- don't more on. What then? You've accepted this job with a family to support, and benefits. Is it all gone or do you have options to move into another position or agency? Do they offer another chance at FLETC?
                    I would think if hired by an agency that has PT requirements at FLETC, you would have been training to pass those requirements prior to arrival. Lesson learned or maybe not.

Comment

• NolaT
                      NolaT commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This ^^^^^^

Leave nothing to chance

His history of posting seems to suggest that he's been in process for the Secret Service for a year and a half or more.

His profile says he's only 25 years old.

And it also lists his occupation as "GRADUATE", but it also says he's employed by a law enforcement agency as a sworn cop.

Not making any sense.
                    Last edited by Aidokea; 12-12-2022, 11:47 AM.

Comment

For what it's worth, it was a question based on scenario. No, I am not in an agency at the moment. Is this forum to support each other thru the process or hate on each other? before making life decisions, its nice to see the flip side of it, but I guess this forum is not the place for camaraderie. When you have a family to support, you think about the- what if's.

Comment

• IroqouisB
                        IroqouisB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If you can’t take ridicule from strangers on a forum without getting into the woods of not being supported, you should stay out of LE. This job and the community eats their own on routine. You’ll get roasted and criticized everyday. Not by the public, but your own peers and management.

• NolaT
                        NolaT commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not passing the, known beforehand, required PT portion wouldn’t cross my mind ever, but that’s me,……

This board is a Great wealth of knowledge from officers, active and retired, from many different agencies.

• Iowa #1603
                        Iowa #1603 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        In Iowa you wouldn't even get INTO the academy if you couldn't pass the PT test.

• LONG_HORN
                        LONG_HORN commented
                        Editing a comment
                        There is NO what if. Start applying new jobs do this all over again. Also start PT hard core before go to FLETC again brother. Sorry I did not sugar coated for you but this is reality

Typically if you fail anything, you get sent home. Which is honestly how it should be. That’s kind of how it’s been for a majority of our lives after a few remeds give or take. But what I have noticed about the G, is there are guys who I thought had a bunch of time on, turn out to be recruits who have a 35+ BMI.

"The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

For what it's worth, it was a question based on scenario. No, I am not in an agency at the moment. Is this forum to support each other thru the process or hate on each other? before making life decisions, its nice to see the flip side of it, but I guess this forum is not the place for camaraderie. When you have a family to support, you think about the- what if's.
                        Whisky,

Tango,

Foxtrot.

Claiming to be a cop when you're not, is an arrestable criminal offense in all 50 states.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4996 users online. 281 members and 4715 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X